DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #31
Caren90
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Disneymooner07;47274585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but the only "club" that we actually belong to is the group of people who get a ginormous bill in the mail every December.

Haha Well, does the bill at least come with some Mickey ears on it or some pixie dust in the envelope?

I think we'll opt for the monthly payment so as to not add to the stack of bills that always follow the holidays! (Just curious, how does one sign up for the monthly payment by the way? )
I actually begin paying my following year's MF's monthly beginning in October and the final payment is not due until mid February. I think it is great that DVC works a monthly payment plan. I have other timeshares where the dues can only be paid in one payment. Ugh!

Stephen
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #32
kenly777
Mouseketeer

I'm waiting on rofr on a 250 pt BWV contract @ $60 pp. I keep hoping that I didn't offer to much (only 72 2013 pts), as others are getting $50 and $55 deals, but then I also don't want to lose the contract in rofr. Does this seem like a typical price for a contract like this? Contract through Timeshare Store.

I keep wondering about these Fidelity contracts as I don't see any of the really low contracts on there. Am I missing something?

Learning a lot reading the boards!
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #33
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
I'm waiting on rofr on a 250 pt BWV contract @ $60 pp. I keep hoping that I didn't offer to much (only 72 2013 pts), as others are getting $50 and $55 deals, but then I also don't want to lose the contract in rofr. Does this seem like a typical price for a contract like this? Contract through Timeshare Store.

I keep wondering about these Fidelity contracts as I don't see any of the really low contracts on there. Am I missing something?

Whether or not you paid too little or too much is subjective. I will say, however, that paying extra as "insurance" to pass ROFR is money wasted...especially at a resort with a very low instance of ROFR activity.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
kenly777
Mouseketeer

I didn't add extra for insurance for rofr. $60 pp seemed like a reasonable price, but now seeing people get contracts for $50 and $55 pp makes me wonder about the price is all.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't add extra for insurance for rofr. $60 pp seemed like a reasonable price, but now seeing people get contracts for $50 and $55 pp makes me wonder about the price is all.
I apologize if I misunderstood what you were saying or offended you. To your point, BWV contracts are highly desirable right now, so many people are willing to pay higher prices simply to get one. My feeling is that $50 or $55 for BWV is the exception, not the rule these days. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

You still saved 50% buying resale- plus you don't have any maint fees til 2014? Extra points would have been an added bonus but plenty of people are having to settle for semi-stripped BWV contracts due to the current lack of supply! 50-55/ point is not an easy price to come by! As for Fidelity Pricing you must stalk the site and when the few loaded, well priced new listings pop up you must hope you are the first one to submit an offer. Usually a lot of competition for those!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #37
MDdriver
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I just passed ROFR a couple of days ago on a contract for 200 pts at BWV for $50/pt. It was listed for $50/pt the previous night. I called 5 minutes after Fidelity opened and offered full price. I knew it would not last long, and turns out several people called after I did. Bottom line is, I found out the seller was behind on their MF's and could not afford them anymore, thus the reason for the low price for a quick sale. I happened to be at the right place at the right time and it worked out for me. The low price contracts are out there, but they do not last long and you have to jump on them before anyone else. Good luck on passing ROFR and your search

Last edited by MDdriver; 01-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.
MDdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
kenly777
Mouseketeer

I am quite pleased with the 50% savings over buying direct, plus, you are correct, no fees until 2014. Guess if I would like to add to this contract or pick up another, I will have to watch the lists carefully and see if anything pops up.

Thanks for the good wishes with rofr! If all goes well, I should find out right before my birthday.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #39
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually this is incorrect. The four major resale brokers act as neither buyer nor seller's agents. They're legally neutral. And as for bigger commissions, the higher the price the more money they make.
So let me think then.. How do they get bigger comissions? I think we know who they work for..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #40
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
So let me think then.. How do they get bigger comissions? I think we know who they work for..
and let me think.......No sale = no comission, they match buyers and sellers
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
radmcg
Mouseketeer

I doesn't seem looking at the fee schedules that its worth loosing a sale over the 1,000.00 to 2,000.00 negotiations on a given contract usually are. I mean if you look at fidelity closing on their site the difference between selling a 7500.00 contract and a 6500.00 contract really isn't that much. I may be wrong. I think some of the confusion seems to be the role or realtors in FL. Under normal circumstances the realtor represents the seller unless he has a buyers contract. I think I read somewhere that in the timeshare contract they represent the contract. Again I maybe wrong. Just looked over fidelity fees just really doesn't seem to be a big difference in what they get paid for a 7000.00 vs a 10,000.00 contract. Something else funny is it seemed to change per resort as well. May just be individual contracts i'm seeing the difference in.
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
To suggest that the brokers would jeopardize a sale (not to mention their license) over what amounts to $50 in commissions is laughable. Remember, even if they squeeze out a few extra dollars per point, they only get 10% of that. It's a numbers game. They get paid by moving a lot of contracts, not by micromanaging the price per point of individual contracts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: