DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #15
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glencoe
Thanks so much for all your help!!! Ok, I have been checking the different sites for resale but was trying to clarify something.....
We want to go this summer to disney...if I buy resale and points are available can we use the points for a trip this summer?
I saw some posts that mentioned if you buy resale you can't vacation right away.
The resales I was looking at some seem to have points left over and points applied for this year too....
I am now really wanted resale because I can get so many more points for my money and that really will meet the needs of my family....

Thanks again you guys are great!!!
It takes about 6 weeks to buy and close on a resale and possibly a few weeks to get in the Disney system and have your points for use. So, in that resect, you can't make your reservation until that time. With a summer trip, you'd be only booking only a few months out, but if your flexible and have points from the resale contract available,,you'd be able to book based on availability.

With direct, you do get your points immediately, so booking can happen the next day. When we bought, we were in the same bought and ended up direct because we were able to take the $2000 we had planned to spend on our summer trip toward the DVC purchase. Of course, we wanted BLT and direct was the only option but the prices were below $100. Now, it would be so much harder to recommend direct, given the cost difference..

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: