DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I think you should probably cancel the direct purchase and consider resale. First, while the directly purchased points can currently be used for cruises, that is a perk and not guaranteed. Disney can eliminate that at any time for everyone. Plus the points for cruises are no fixed and can go up every year.

In terms of finance, I am not one that says you can't. Does it add to the cost of buying? Sure and should be part of hr equation, but if you are continuing to go to Disney and pay cash rates, even with a discount, year after year, the to me, I don't necessarily think financing is a no no. We looked at things when we bought in terms f what I was paying for our cash room and what my DVC payments would be. If buying, even with finance, was no more than what I'd continue to pay for my yearly trips--which I was not willing to give up, then we were fine, especially since I was getting bigger rooms. But, given the difference in cost, you may be able to start small and pay cash and go from there

Good luck!!!
With all due respect, I feel it is bad advice for OP to even consider buying resale. She stated she likes staying in values. Right there it is enough to not buy direct or resale. Paying for DVC does not make sense against staying in values.

Also, OP even stated she doesn't know if kids will even want to go to Disney more than once, ever.

RENT!RENT!RENT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: