Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Just from my experience last year--the after party was super crowded! Granted, DH and I are slow runners, so we finished later than most, but it was sooooo crowded. We stopped by bag check and then got the heck out of there. There was no way I was gonna fight those crowds. With that said, this year could be very different, but if it were up to me, I would definitely go for the MNSSHP. We actually did MNSSHP the night after the race and it was so much more pleasant!
we'll definitely do MNSSHP. but there is also the Villain's party on Sept 13 (part of the "limited time magic" promotion). i think that will be my priority though (since, i'll enjoy it more if i haven't just run ten miles). if i can't get tickets to that, then i'll run the TOT.

(basically, i've been trying to decide if we want to do MNSSHP and Villain's Party weekend of Sept 13 OR if I want to run the TOT and do that Villains' party and MNSSHP.)

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when registration for TOT opens?

Jennifer
sunshine269 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine269 View Post
Does anyone know when registration for TOT opens?

Jennifer
EDITED 1/24: Based on the entry fee pricing tiers posted on RunDisney, I am now guessing registration will open on 2/26, rather than the two earlier dates I mentioned.

They haven't announced yet when registration opens, that I have seen anyway.

I believe that registration opened last year on Valentine's Day, though not 100%. So, if it opens up mid-February again, and Disney seems to typically have registrations open on a Tuesday, it would seem that either 2/12 or 2/19 would be a good guess as to when it might open. But, with the race a week later this year as well, perhaps even 2/26.

These are simply guesses for now though! I would expect an announcement pretty soon, I would think.

Last edited by McCoy; 01-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy

EDITED 1/24: Based on the entry fee pricing tiers posted on RunDisney, I am now guessing registration will open on 2/26, rather than the two earlier dates I mentioned.

They haven't announced yet when registration opens, that I have seen anyway.

I believe that registration opened last year on Valentine's Day, though not 100%. So, if it opens up mid-February again, and Disney seems to typically have registrations open on a Tuesday, it would seem that either 2/12 or 2/19 would be a good guess as to when it might open. But, with the race a week later this year as well, perhaps even 2/26.

These are simply guesses for now though! I would expect an announcement pretty soon, I would think.
Thank you!!

Jennifer
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
capeseal
DIS Veteran

From what I heard, early in the party it was easy to access the big rides and even ride multiple times. When I finished (a little more than 2 hours after race start) it seemed fairly crowded but, honestly, some of that may have been all of the runners on the ground. The heat and humidity were oppressive and there were lots of sick and exhausted runners post-race. I was so bummed that we didn't get to do anything fun in the park after because all that I was capable of was stumbling back down the path to the Yacht Club.

This year we are (very) tentatively planning to do Wine & Dine. I am hoping November offers more forgiving temperatures so that I can enjoy the after-party
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Just booked a trip for the Oct dates and hoping to run the ToT race. It will be my first ever big race. BFF is running it with me for moral support. I'm so excited although I'm a little sad to hear about how crowded the party was last year. Hoping for the best!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #22
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Just booked a trip for the Oct dates and hoping to run the ToT race. It will be my first ever big race. BFF is running it with me for moral support. I'm so excited although I'm a little sad to hear about how crowded the party was last year. Hoping for the best!
Don't worry - I didn't think the crowds were all that bad. At first they were because you had a lot of people milling about but then in a bit, the crowds did spread out and thin. People either just left or used the space in the parks to wander. We were able to wait in just a short line to get something to eat; found a table with no problem. Saw characters, rode rides with little to no wait. Restrooms were crowded right at first, but we just walked to a less used one in the Animation courtyard.

ETA: The only think I did resent about that race was as I hobbled to a place to sit, there was a very, very limber man stretching out. He probably was a dancer in his day job - he was that limber. I was very jealous. I haven't been able to get into those stretch positions for decades. I, on the other hand, was able to semi-hop/crawl with little to no grace, up to a seat around the fountain at the end of Hollywood Blvd where I sat and watched him in complete awe while trying to eat my Disney provided crackers and cheese spread with no utensil provided.

Last edited by mickeysgal; 01-24-2013 at 06:27 PM.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed the race last year. Didn't think it was too bad at all. I'm really looking forward to it again this year.

Jennifer
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Looks like my guess was incorrect! February 12 it is!

-------------------------
Registration

Registration for the 2013 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend will begin on February 12, 2013.
-------------------------
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal

Don't worry - I didn't think the crowds were all that bad. At first they were because you had a lot of people milling about but then in a bit, the crowds did spread out and thin. People either just left or used the space in the parks to wander. We were able to wait in just a short line to get something to eat; found a table with no problem. Saw characters, rode rides with little to no wait. Restrooms were crowded right at first, but we just walked to a less used one in the Animation courtyard.

ETA: The only think I did resent about that race was as I hobbled to a place to sit, there was a very, very limber man stretching out. He probably was a dancer in his day job - he was that limber. I was very jealous. I haven't been able to get into those stretch positions for decades. I, on the other hand, was able to semi-hop/crawl with little to no grace, up to a seat around the fountain at the end of Hollywood Blvd where I sat and watched him in complete awe while trying to eat my Disney provided crackers and cheese spread with no utensil provided.
I literally licked that cheese out of the container. I was ravenous. It wasn't pretty. Hahaha

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #26
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I literally licked that cheese out of the container. I was ravenous. It wasn't pretty. Hahaha
I got sick on that cheese. Going from training in super-dry Colorado to running in 80% humidity killed me and my time. I think I hobbled along at 12-minute miles most of the race. I was so paranoid that I could be "swept" (there was really no chance of that looking back but it was a real concern I had leading up to the race with very little training due to injury) that I didn't stop to enjoy the few characters on the route. That's something I won't repeat in the next Disney race I do. My little daughter was so disappointed that I didn't stop to see the Shadow Man when she found out I ran past him
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it last year. I've never ran a race...I'll be doing a few 5Ks before October but that's it. I actually have always hated running but I started working on this last year so I think I'm finally ready...haha. It's a challenge to myself...I turn 30 this year so I guess I need to start off my 30s with a bang!

Which characters were out last year? How does that work? You just stop, take a pic and keep going? Do they ever have lines? I don't want to get swept - it's my biggest fear!!!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #28
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
You too?! I was absolutely starving by mile 8 - would've eaten a burger right then and there if there'd been a stand on the course. Post race, I hobbled to a bench to wait for my friend, who'd finished much earlier, and proceeded to scarf down everything in that box. Washed it down with a beer my friend brought, then devoured a Clif bar. I ate plenty pre-race, too, so I don't get it - guess night running makes me hungry, lol!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: