Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #976
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Woohoo trying to lose 20 pounds before Disney in March and as of right now I am down 15 pounds!! I am so excited.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #977
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Good for you! Sounds like you should be able to surpass your goal! Congrats!
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #978
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
Woohoo trying to lose 20 pounds before Disney in March and as of right now I am down 15 pounds!! I am so excited.
Congrats! I am going for about 40 pounds by May.. and I can do it.. I've done it before...
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #979
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Good Luck sent your way!!! I know you can do it I am hoping that I might be able to get up to 25-30 pounds since I still have some time till my trip. It will be nice to feel comfortable in all rides and not worry about the plane seats, I always worry that I will get on board and the seat belt wont reach. I think I would be extremely embarrassed.

Last edited by disneychic33; 01-23-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: ticker not working
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #980
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Hi! We went to WDW two years ago and this forum was immensely helpful to me back then. I rode everything I wanted to and only had a moment of panic when trying to get out of Astro Orbiter. You'd think that would mean no anxiety this time but I still have it! Ugh!

Anyway, we're going in May/June this time and will be trying out one of the water parks. At the moment we're leaning toward Typhoon Lagoon but could be swayed to Blizzard Beach or maybe even try both. Having not been to either (and generally avoiding such places usually!) I have lots of questions.

Chairs. Are they hard plastic? Soft plastic? Cloth? Sturdy? Ok to get in and out of? Anyone know if the chairs are "nicer" if you rent chairs/umbrella?

Towels. I'm not anticipating being able to wrap it around my Mrs. Potts body but are they decent? Should we bring some from home?

Slides. Will we (XL but not overly pooh sized DH, two skinny boys ages 6 and 9, size 26-28 me) be able to do the family tube ride? Will I "fit" on any of the slides? Getting over the fear is another problem...

Tubes. I read earlier in the forum a recommendation of getting in on the stairs. Any other tips? Think I'll be able to do it? Lazy rivers are my favorite thing!

I want to just go and have fun but the possibility of embarrassment is crippling I'm hoping you can relate!

Thanks in advance

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #981
ZoeisMommy
šoš Earning My Ears

Have any of my fellow pooh sized or almost pooh sized ;-) DIS'ers stayed at AoA in the family suites? We are headed over in June and just wondering about "weight" rating of the Murphy bed

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #982
DreamingPink
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
a couple months ago I wrote a post inquiring about something and nobody mentioned anything about it so I dont know if people just didnt see it or they werent interested so I am going to try once more...

Ive been coming to this thread for a little under a year now and Ive loved it...you guys have made me feel so thankful because I had no idea whether i was going to fit in the airplane seat on SW or not or how things were going ot be on the rides so I want to thank all of you for your support and understanding..I think this is a great thread for just that...Ive noticed throughout my time on here that there are A LOT of people that wear 2X, 3X and some even 4X and one day someone asked a question about clothing and we all got on conversations about Lane Bryant and how expensive they were and it really got me thinking....

a year ago I started a diet and for the first time in 20+ years I found something that works for me...to date I have lost 127 lbs...I am 5 ft even and weighed 353lbs and wore size 4x and some 3x if they ran big...now I am 226lbs and wear some 18/20, XL and such depending on who makes it...I have bought almost all my clothes from Lane Bryant or their sister company Roamans and I have shorts, pants, dresses, sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve shirts, sweaters and almost brand stinking new coat and I cant wear any of them anymore...Im really not wanting to buy all brand new clothes because I am still losing weight and I want to find things that are cheap as I probably wont be in them for very long but I also dont have money to constantly be buying clothes either....I am really interested in seeing if any of you would be interested in us maybe starting some kind of system on here where we could sell/buy clothes from each other reasonably priced, post pics of the items and if not on here maybe on FB??? It would be a members only group we could send the money plus shipping through paypal??? What do you guys think? If so we would be looking for clothes from XL on up that are in good condition...and you would just post the item/size/price and pics and if anyone is interested they respond however, you choose...please let me know if anyone is interested in something like this...thanks
I think this is an excellent idea. If something starts here or on facebook please let me know, would love to join, I am loosing weight currently an 18 but hope to go down before my October trips.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #983
suzy021372
Mouseketeer

Re: Water Parks

I love the water parks. I wear my giant skirted suits and go for it...

The only issues I have had with my size are 1) my fat butt doesn't fit in the lazy river tubes, so I usually just put my head and arms through the hole and keep my body underneath. 2) on the single tube water slides at BB I got going too fast and ended up losing my tube half way down. The only other person that I saw having the same problem was my 4xl brother, so I assume it was weight related. 3) there are a lot of the lounger chairs that sit just a few inches off the ground- they are very hard to get out of.

The recliners were fine, hard plastic, but sometimes are hard to find if you arrive late in the day. The towels are he same as resort pools- so not good.

I have enjoyed all the rides. You should have no problem on the family raft. My brother and I rode Crush n' Gusher together (650lbs+ combined) with no problem.

I hope you have a great time...and remember we all deserve to enjoy the magic, and thanks to Disney it is usually not a problem!
suzy021372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #984
Bubbles331
Earning My Ears

Freaking out again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I just tried Haunted Mansion again at a MNSSHP at DH's insistence, and the stupid bar still wouldn't close. I'm only 5'4.5", and carry most of my weight in my belly and butt, so you might be fine since you are so much taller. Honestly, I don't care if I ride HM or not because I hate it, but DH likes it and feels guilty every time he rides without me.
Haunted Mansion: I'm also 5'4, about 28/30 pants. Hearing this is terrifying. As anyone else had this problem?? This poster is the only one that I've ever heard of that got sent off for not fitting. Sounds like we have similar body shape too.

Space Mountain: Do you get stuck in it that you can't get out? I'm worried about the 30 second time limit to get out. What if I can't?? My riding partner is only 6. I don't think she'll be much help.

Dinosaur: Someone wearing a size 28 pants said they couldn't ride, because their butt wouldn't fit. First I've heard anywhere that someone didn't fit. Anyone else?

Winnie the Pooh: Not being able to fit through the honey pot door. Poster writes, "never doing that again." Why are the doors so darn small???

I want to go on all these rides. My family will too, and I have a 6 year old. I wish I could go ride everything alone first. We're leaving next Saturday.
Bubbles331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #985
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles331

Haunted Mansion: I'm also 5'4, about 28/30 pants. Hearing this is terrifying. As anyone else had this problem?? This poster is the only one that I've ever heard of that got sent off for not fitting. Sounds like we have similar body shape too.

Space Mountain: Do you get stuck in it that you can't get out? I'm worried about the 30 second time limit to get out. What if I can't?? My riding partner is only 6. I don't think she'll be much help.

Dinosaur: Someone wearing a size 28 pants said they couldn't ride, because their butt wouldn't fit. First I've heard anywhere that someone didn't fit. Anyone else?

Winnie the Pooh: Not being able to fit through the honey pot door. Poster writes, "never doing that again." Why are the doors so darn small???

I want to go on all these rides. My family will too, and I have a 6 year old. I wish I could go ride everything alone first. We're leaving next Saturday.
Hi, I am 5'4" and a size 24, there was tons of room on space mountain, dinosaur and HM, you shouldn't have any problems. I can't tell you about Winnie the Pooh because I've never been on it. My kids aren't really into it.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #986
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can I ask what you are doing? Need some motivation here, as I am also going in March...
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #987
Bubbles331
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi, I am 5'4" and a size 24, there was tons of room on space mountain, dinosaur and HM, you shouldn't have any problems. I can't tell you about Winnie the Pooh because I've never been on it. My kids aren't really into it.
Okay...sigh. I actually had a dream I got stuck in the seat on Space Mountain last night! I'm going nuts. Lol Thanks for the feedback!
Bubbles331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #988
ZoeisMommy
šoš Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva

a couple months ago I wrote a post inquiring about something and nobody mentioned anything about it so I dont know if people just didnt see it or they werent interested so I am going to try once more...

Ive been coming to this thread for a little under a year now and Ive loved it...you guys have made me feel so thankful because I had no idea whether i was going to fit in the airplane seat on SW or not or how things were going ot be on the rides so I want to thank all of you for your support and understanding..I think this is a great thread for just that...Ive noticed throughout my time on here that there are A LOT of people that wear 2X, 3X and some even 4X and one day someone asked a question about clothing and we all got on conversations about Lane Bryant and how expensive they were and it really got me thinking....

a year ago I started a diet and for the first time in 20+ years I found something that works for me...to date I have lost 127 lbs...I am 5 ft even and weighed 353lbs and wore size 4x and some 3x if they ran big...now I am 226lbs and wear some 18/20, XL and such depending on who makes it...I have bought almost all my clothes from Lane Bryant or their sister company Roamans and I have shorts, pants, dresses, sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve shirts, sweaters and almost brand stinking new coat and I cant wear any of them anymore...Im really not wanting to buy all brand new clothes because I am still losing weight and I want to find things that are cheap as I probably wont be in them for very long but I also dont have money to constantly be buying clothes either....I am really interested in seeing if any of you would be interested in us maybe starting some kind of system on here where we could sell/buy clothes from each other reasonably priced, post pics of the items and if not on here maybe on FB??? It would be a members only group we could send the money plus shipping through paypal??? What do you guys think? If so we would be looking for clothes from XL on up that are in good condition...and you would just post the item/size/price and pics and if anyone is interested they respond however, you choose...please let me know if anyone is interested in something like this...thanks

I put together a similar page here locally would love to help you organize one on fb if you decide to do it PM'd you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #989
Jazcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNikki View Post
Hi! We went to WDW two years ago and this forum was immensely helpful to me back then. I rode everything I wanted to and only had a moment of panic when trying to get out of Astro Orbiter. You'd think that would mean no anxiety this time but I still have it! Ugh!

Anyway, we're going in May/June this time and will be trying out one of the water parks. At the moment we're leaning toward Typhoon Lagoon but could be swayed to Blizzard Beach or maybe even try both. Having not been to either (and generally avoiding such places usually!) I have lots of questions.

Chairs. Are they hard plastic? Soft plastic? Cloth? Sturdy? Ok to get in and out of? Anyone know if the chairs are "nicer" if you rent chairs/umbrella?

Towels. I'm not anticipating being able to wrap it around my Mrs. Potts body but are they decent? Should we bring some from home?

Slides. Will we (XL but not overly pooh sized DH, two skinny boys ages 6 and 9, size 26-28 me) be able to do the family tube ride? Will I "fit" on any of the slides? Getting over the fear is another problem...

Tubes. I read earlier in the forum a recommendation of getting in on the stairs. Any other tips? Think I'll be able to do it? Lazy rivers are my favorite thing!

I want to just go and have fun but the possibility of embarrassment is crippling I'm hoping you can relate!

Thanks in advance
A few years ago DW and I got stuck on the family raft. The water is extremely shallow and I would not recommend this ride. I still prefer TL to BB though.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #990
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Im worried sick about something....I thought mabey someone on here has been through the same thing....we usually drive to Orlando from Houston (16hrs). This year as a surprise , hubby has booked us to fly. My worry is that I wont fit in the airplane seat. I am 5/5 , 270lbs size 26/28. It would be my worst nightmare to get turned back at the gate as I know our budget dosnt allow for an extra seat, not to mention I would die of shame and embarissment. We are flying United Airlines. Would welcome any reassurance from anyone. Thanks so much in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: