DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
joni4122
Disney all the way!

I should cancel, right?

Just got off our first ever cruise - the Dream - and then 3 days in the parks. Must have been Disney euphoria but we put a deposit on DVC 175 point membership, mostly because I wanted to use points for future cruises. Immediately after getting back to my (Little Mermaid standard Art of Animation) room and reading Disboards I thought, uh-oh, we did the wrong thing. First trip to the parks with the kids was May 2011 and we stayed at All Star Music. This was the second. They are 8 and 6 and, no, their college is not paid for. We may or may not come to the parks every year and, if we do, I am perfectly content to stay in a value room...not that I don't like that big, beautiful one bedroom villa but I'd rather spend the money on the kids in the park or at the gift shops. Tried to tell my "guide" I wanted out before the final papers arrive at my house but he wants me to cool my heels for a couple days. After reading through these boards and others I'm thinking:

1. I should not count on using DVC points for cruises
2. I should not buy direct from DVC and pay a fortune when points can be had at resale much cheaper (but cannot be used on DCL)
3. I should not finance this purchase at all...even if my sales guy wants me to drop my contract down to the minimum 100 points.
4. I should cancel the whole deal.

Am I right? Will I regret not buying in after I've spent thousands in the next two years on a cruise and maybe another visit to the parks?

Opinions please. Oh, I know I'll get 'em
joni4122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: