Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
MrSteve
Earning My Ears

What can you get done at Disneyland in early Feb if you only have 6 hours?

Hello DL Friends,

I have a business trip to Anaheim in early February (Tuesday the 5th) and I'm going to be done with all my biz at 2pm. The park closes at 8pm that day.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a ticket for just 6 hours. I've been to DL as a kid 25 years ago and got to go to a few attractions in '07 as part of a business outing.

FYI, I'm a runner, I'll have my running shoes, and I have no problem sprinting from ride to ride (being very careful not to knock over too many old ladies or strollers along the way).

Thoughts?

Last edited by MrSteve; 01-21-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: didn't like my original post title
MrSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Are you by any chance going to a convention that offers half-day type tickets for around $50? What attractions are you interested in? By no means do I advocate running in the parks, but 'walking with purpose' is good. I might make a list of rides, subscribe to RideMax and see how much is possible to accomplish during that timeframe as part of my decision-making process.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
CaptainEIEIO
Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteve View Post
Hello DL Friends,

I have a business trip to Anaheim in early February (Tuesday the 5th) and I'm going to be done with all my biz at 2pm. The park closes at 8pm that day.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a ticket for just 6 hours. I've been to DL as a kid 25 years ago and got to go to a few attractions in '07 as part of a business outing.

FYI, I'm a runner, I'll have my running shoes, and I have no problem sprinting from ride to ride (being very careful not to knock over too many old ladies or strollers along the way).

Thoughts?

Well your going in the off season, and your going on a Tuesday so you have those two things going for you. You could actually get alot done without running depending totally on the crowd. Which I wouldn't recommend running, and I'm betting the CM's wouldnt like.

Now the question is if it is worth it or not. Its a pricey ticket if you buy it at the gate and even more if you get the park hopper, especially for just one day. Personally I wouldn't do Disneyland without getting a park hopper for the simple reason that Soarin is at California Adventure and I just have to ride that ride whenever I go as many times as possible.
I cant even begin to count the times I was constantly at Disneyland since my first visit in 1962, then I moved to Alaska in 1969 and lost contact until....DL 1982, DL 1985, DL 1988, DL 1990, DL 1994, DL 1997, DL 1999 , DL 2004, DL 2005, DL 2007, WDW 2009 (Pop), DL 2012, WDW 2013 (Pop).
Me DW
CaptainEIEIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteve View Post
Hello DL Friends,

Thoughts?

The CM's will have a problem with you running..

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
The CM's will have a problem with you running..

Jack
Agreed. You are not supposed to run. You can definitely walk with purpose though...
longtimedisneylurker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, hours, park hopper, ticket

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: