Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #46
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
Well, I have as well as others have beat it to death of what to do with HS.

But I think, to put it in summary, it comes down to two main things, which in themselves entails many things like what attractions and what to take out.

*Expand Pixar Place
*Build Star Wars Land

If they do that, there will be an explosion of attendance at HS. I don't think anyone would disagree with that!
+1

Space is probably the biggest issue, if you look at the satellite images of the area, but it should be possible, with careful planning, to put both "lands" into DHS.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #47
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshaderose
My hope is that it's not specifically "CarsLand", but a more comprehensive expansion of Pixar Place. Maybe have some of the things from CarsLand at DCA, but have stuff form the other movies too.
I love this idea!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #48
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudoru View Post
well *I* am excited for cars land, having seen the theme areas at Art of Animation. Very well done and pretty immersive in the theming. I can only look forward to the expansion. Monsters has a place in WDW, TSM has their "area" in HS, yeah I could do with some interactive "Cars" attractions.
You seem to be looking forward to being disappointed...

disney has no reason to do this - especially right now. and contrary to the rampant - if unfounded - speculation on boards such as this...i don't think that studios expansion is anywhere close to high on their list.

they have a bigger problem with the overhead/attendance ratio at animal kingdom...and EPCOT is starting to lag...which means they are going to have the same problem there on the horizon.

Now...it would be logical for them to move quickly on the star wars thing in preparation for new movies and merchandise onslaught....

but they just don't DO that anymore...nor for along time. their standard lag time on park placement is about 5 years later. toy story, monster inc, memo...tons of examples.

In fact...the last thing to open before or around the time of the movie was It's Tough to Be a Bug...and that was only because it was a new park thin on actually stuff.

just be cautious here...they aren't looking to dump alot more cash into their parks right now...no matter what anyone else is doing.

Besides...cars is bad...they already did it....those reason still stand too.

give me something fresh...not clones
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 01-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #49
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977
Well, I have as well as others have beat it to death of what to do with HS.

But I think, to put it in summary, it comes down to two main things, which in themselves entails many things like what attractions and what to take out.

*Expand Pixar Place
*Build Star Wars Land

If they do that, there will be an explosion of attendance at HS. I don't think anyone would disagree with that!
^This^ with 2 thumbs up ;0)

diamondpixienc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #50
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenFNJ View Post
I am totally with the boy mammas on this one-I would LOVE a CarsLand! Just when my older boys were outgrowing it, DS3 came along and fell head over heals. We plan on Planes being his first movie theatre movie. I wouldn't mind a Pixar Place with Cars/Planes attractions thrown in, but I'm way WAY on board with having something new and awesome that is not oozing with princess.

I wouldn't mind a Star Wars land, I actually think it would be utterly amazing if done to the highest Disney standard. It just lacks that "little kid wonder" that other posters have mentioned, as most pre-schoolers aren't huge Star Wars buffs yet (most ;o), so it's just not the same. I do think Star Wars, if they go forward with making episodes 7 and 8, could be the more realistic answer to WWHP from a franchise and cult following capacity, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Why can't we have both? :D
I agree this would be a great coed attraction! Has anyone heard anything about a star wars land? I think they'll put at least one attraction in bc of the latest LucasFilm purchase. Probably at HS if anything...

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #51
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faldred View Post
+1

Space is probably the biggest issue, if you look at the satellite images of the area, but it should be possible, with careful planning, to put both "lands" into DHS.
I agree there would probably be only room for one "land" and only room for one attraction for one of them....

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: