Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
darby888's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Santa Clarita, Ca
Posts: 161

Question What other Delays can be Expected??....

This will be my first time selling a contract. It's a VGC contract with **********. I originally purchased 160pts at $88pt before the resort opened.

We have found that it is so difficult to get a room there, any room on short notice ( I mean 3 to 5 months notice) and we only have the one resort here in CA.

We really enjoy our yearly trips to WDW and have put an offer on a resale 175pt contract at SSR. We will net almost 4K after closing costs and commision after the exchange:

However, we are finding our VGC contract isn't progressing as smoothly as I would expected. Can anyone provide their experience? What else can go wrong or delay the processed? My contract says I should close on or before 2/01/2013.

12/4 - Offer accepted & Documents emailed to buyer and seller
12/6 - Documents Rtn'd
12/7 - Sent to ROFR
12/27 - Passed ROFR
1/10 - Email recv'd from title company with copies of buyer's requested revision of Escrow Instructions. Per the title complany my copies were mailed on the 4th. but they never show up. We're both in California, so the title company emails them to me.
1/12 - Email back my signed Escrow Instructions to title company
1/18 - Per title company and broker, buyers paperwork have been received but they are just waiting on Disney to return Estoppel.
1/21 - I contact Disney directly and am told that the Estoppel was emailed to title company on 1/02!! She provides me the email address to the title company that it was sent to and I verify it's accurate.
1/22 - The title company and broker state the email fell thru the cracks and a rep from the title company is working with someone in member services to get another copy.
1/23- I call Disney again first thing in the morning and speak to the same very nice rep at Disney's Estoppel dept & ask if she can resend the email to the title company here in CA. She even offers to call the title company when they open at 9am to confirm it's received. She even went out of her way to call me at about 9:30am to let me know that she spoke with the title company and confirmed email with the Estoppel was received by them...
1/24 - Waiting....

5th Trip 11/10/12 9nts - 3nts-AOA/AKV Jambo Sav One BD 4th Trip - 11/5/11 7nts - Aulani Island Studio 3rd Trip -10/19/2010 9nts - AKV Kidani Std Studio/BCV One BD 2nd Trip 4/29/2009 11 nts - WL Courtyard View/BWI Std View 1st Trip - 9/20/2008 7nts/Free Dining - AKL Savannah Studio
darby888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.