Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #871
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Vicki ~ were you able to walk back to Stovall's this year or did you have to go all the way around this year again?

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #872
speshlist
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post

I'm also surprised there was not video like last year.
FYI I found my video! If you click on "View and Order" on the digital products that pop up "Memory CD with video" you can "preview your video clips". Click the little link
speshlist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #873
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Vicki ~ were you able to walk back to Stovall's this year or did you have to go all the way around this year again?
Yes !!!! Once we finally asked "how to" it was easy and quick. I have to say they really worked the kinks out.

In the morning it was SO easy and fast. Not that I got more sleep due to the location....I was up at 2:30 since I was just not sleeping.

Congrats on your C2C
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #874
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Hey guys! So I haven't ordered my photos yet so I don't have the full collection of my Minnie and me finish line thing, but I do have the one my Mom took. I'll post this one for now. And then later post the remaining photos (I'm counting about a half dozen so far and they probably haven't uploaded everything yet). Its been four days now and I am still in shock that this actually happened:

ETA: Concerning MarathonFoto, give them a few days. I know from past races that use them that they have a certain pattern that is a bit odd but its how they do things apparently. They always send an email out the day the photos first go online. Even if not all the photos are not up yet. Everything will go up in time. Also make ABSOLUTELY certain you don't have any photos in the LOST and FOUND section under partial matches. I have been able to track down a few photos via that section before. Usually its because me or my bib were in an odd position to the photographer and they weren't able to identify the runner. As I said before usually its only a few photos but make sure to check.

ETA 2: Also check to make sure you don't have anything listed under professional alignment photos. I just discovered about another dozen photos of my finish under there.

Oh and concerning other people in your photos. If you aren't anywhere in the photos there is a remove option on the photo to have it taken off your page. Sometimes they mix up bibs.
That's sooooo GREAT!!!! Awesome memory- great picture!

does anyone have a castle pic?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #875
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
That's sooooo GREAT!!!! Awesome memory- great picture!

does anyone have a castle pic?
Thanks!

My castle pics are all ready up actually.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Upcoming RunDisney Races: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Disneyland 5k 2014, Wine and Dine 2014 & Avengers Half Marathon 2014 (aka my first attempt at a double back since 2011), WDW 5k 2015, WDW Marathon 2015 , Tinkerbell 5k 2015, Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 2015, Dumbo Double Dare 2015, Avengers 2015 (if I don't do these I will be shocked),
Upcoming Races: LA Quarter Marathon 2014, MCM 17.75 2015 (contingent on how well WDW goes because this will be my entry into the Marine Corps Marathon, if I run a sub 6:00 marathon than its all green for this race, thank god registration for this is post-WDW)
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #876
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Got home late last night. Had a great time and now trying to get back into the swing of things. Time to put those wings away until next year.
Boy I already miss the weather....we're due for rain any time now.

Is anyone else NOT impressed with the photo company this year ???? I have about 4 strangers in my "photo" album and I'm not even in those pictures. I swear about 1/2 the time I saw the photo guys they were doing something with their equipment, talking or doing something else than taking the photos.

I'm also surprised there was not video like last year.

Just wondering what everyone else thought ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I was about to post the same vent. I am not happy with this group at all. Their website is terrible. I have done good pictures- but I was a camera ***** this race and there should be 50 more of me. :P

No castle, no finish line, no characters, though we stopped for tons with photogs. I'm pretty annoyed. I stopped on purpose to get a ton if pics- and like 5 of them. Annoyed for sure.
I saw more pictures of me, including my finish line ones. It looks like they are slowly being added. I also found my finish line video. Is that the only video?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #877
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist View Post
FYI I found my video! If you click on "View and Order" on the digital products that pop up "Memory CD with video" you can "preview your video clips". Click the little link
Thanks that helps !!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #878
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I saw more pictures of me, including my finish line ones. It looks like they are slowly being added. I also found my finish line video. Is that the only video?

I have a couple more pictures of "strangers" added to my list
The finish line is the only video I have so far. Still no castle shots.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #879
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Yes !!!! Once we finally asked "how to" it was easy and quick. I have to say they really worked the kinks out.

In the morning it was SO easy and fast. Not that I got more sleep due to the location....I was up at 2:30 since I was just not sleeping.

Congrats on your C2C
Yes, they did work the kinks out! I have to say that I now think Tink 2013 has been my favorite race.

Quote:
I have a couple more pictures of "strangers" added to my list
The finish line is the only video I have so far. Still no castle shots.
I don't have any Cars Land photos.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #880
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Yes, they did work the kinks out! I have to say that I now think Tink 2013 has been my favorite race.

I don't have any Cars Land photos.
I'm with you on that !!! It was great !!!

No Cars Land photos either.

Did you get into Marri's ??? We were there for lunch on Saturday and they said they have been turning people away for reservations for days. So I guess we will stick to having a pre-race lunch there always instead of dinner. We love that place and they are always so nice.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #881
zgirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Hey guys! So I haven't ordered my photos yet so I don't have the full collection of my Minnie and me finish line thing, but I do have the one my Mom took. I'll post this one for now. And then later post the remaining photos (I'm counting about a half dozen so far and they probably haven't uploaded everything yet). Its been four days now and I am still in shock that this actually happened:

ETA: Concerning MarathonFoto, give them a few days. I know from past races that use them that they have a certain pattern that is a bit odd but its how they do things apparently. They always send an email out the day the photos first go online. Even if not all the photos are not up yet. Everything will go up in time. Also make ABSOLUTELY certain you don't have any photos in the LOST and FOUND section under partial matches. I have been able to track down a few photos via that section before. Usually its because me or my bib were in an odd position to the photographer and they weren't able to identify the runner. As I said before usually its only a few photos but make sure to check.

ETA 2: Also check to make sure you don't have anything listed under professional alignment photos. I just discovered about another dozen photos of my finish under there.

Oh and concerning other people in your photos. If you aren't anywhere in the photos there is a remove option on the photo to have it taken off your page. Sometimes they mix up bibs.
Awesome freaking picture, awesome. I am jealous

Thanks for your tips about the photos. BUT I had a great high five moment with Minnie at the finish, still no picture, it was a clear line of sight to camera. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone at the finish line.

Still hoping it will show up.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #882
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Loved Marri's! Went there on Thur night and really enjoyed the meal. Great suggestion!

A few more pictures showed up for me- but no castle, no carsland... fingers crossed they show up.

Tink is my favorite race between PHM and Tink. I am a FAN!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #883
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

BTW, just noticed my Ticker automatically reset to count down for next year. Thinking I'll keep that... if it's in the ticker, it must be true, right?

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #884
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Oh yes....thanks for the heads up on Marri's, Vicki. We had a late dinner there Friday night-plenty of tables. I had rigatoni with the fra diavlo sauce with a side of meatballs. I had leftovers after the race and again on Monday night. Defiantly will go there again if we return to DL.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #885
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Oh yes....thanks for the heads up on Marri's, Vicki. We had a late dinner there Friday night-plenty of tables. I had rigatoni with the fra diavlo sauce with a side of meatballs. I had leftovers after the race and again on Monday night. Defiantly will go there again if we return to DL.
Glad you liked it. I wish I had some of their food right now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: