Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1486
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Hey Princesses! I have decided to defer the race. I know! But it really is the right choice for me at this time. I am 8 weeks preg and haven't run in a month because I have been literally sick 24 hrs a day with morning sickness. At this point just getting down to WDW will be an accomplishment for me! I spoke with Run Disney and I will be deferring to next year's Princess, and then they made a special exception/note on my file that I can defer again to the 2014 Wine and Dine which will give me plenty of time to train and prep (2014 Princess will be 15 weeks or so after I give birth to our first so cutting it a wee bit close imho). DH will be running this Princess of course, his first ever Half Marathon. I really know this is what's best for me. Sure I could try and drag my butt down there and try and walk most of it but i want to participate to my full extent. Especially because I feel like crap! It is bittersweet :-(
I bet that was a tough decision - but I'm sure a comforting one in a lot of ways, too. So glad you were able to defer and have a post-baby race to which to look forward!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1487
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I got my Magical Express envelope!!! That means the countdown is ON!!
Mine arrived while I was in Anaheim for the Tink! I guess it is time to get ready for this race!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1488
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Hey Princesses! I have decided to defer the race. I know! But it really is the right choice for me at this time. I am 8 weeks preg and haven't run in a month because I have been literally sick 24 hrs a day with morning sickness. At this point just getting down to WDW will be an accomplishment for me! I spoke with Run Disney and I will be deferring to next year's Princess, and then they made a special exception/note on my file that I can defer again to the 2014 Wine and Dine which will give me plenty of time to train and prep (2014 Princess will be 15 weeks or so after I give birth to our first so cutting it a wee bit close imho). DH will be running this Princess of course, his first ever Half Marathon. I really know this is what's best for me. Sure I could try and drag my butt down there and try and walk most of it but i want to participate to my full extent. Especially because I feel like crap! It is bittersweet :-(
I know that was a tough decision but probably the right one. Congrats on the pregnancy!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #1489
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
We got Disney envelope in the mail too ! Anybody else staying at the contemporary ? Still thinking about reservations at the wave but looked at the menu and don't know if my tender tummy should try the "rich" food the night before the race.
We're not staying at Contemporary, but we are eating at the Wave the night before the race...I haven't ever found the food we've had there to be too heavy or rich myself. But, that said, I don't tend to have a very sensitive stomach either. Just remember, most of the Disney restraunts are very accomodating...don't be afraid to ask for what you want wherever you go...maybe a little bit of a different prep to something already on the menu to make it more agreeable for you...hold the sauce, hold the seasoning, steamed instead of satued...stuff like that, you know?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #1490
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

THANK YOU! To everyone. I'm on the mobile device so can't quote you all but it means so much to me. I know you truly get what a hard choice that was for me. But it is a relief as well, because I was feeling some pressure. I cannot wait to be there cheering you all on!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #1491
newddmommie
Mouseketeer

Getting so excited for the race. My costume has arrived so this "birthday" Belle is ready to run. Keep it up ladies, it's almost time.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #1492
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Okay I can't believe I noticed this before but I just noticed the expo is at the Corando Springs Resort of all places. Not that I am complaining about the resort. Just struck me as odd. Anyway are they still providing transportation to and from the expo? Because otherwise I am screwed.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #1493
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is a tough decision, but what a wonderful reason to have to defer. I was signed up for my first half marathon when I got pregnant with my first, too, and there was no way I would have been able to run it.

Hope that your all-day sickness subsides soon.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #1494
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know how bittersweet this must be for you but growing a baby is way more important then running this race. Right now your baby is telling you it needs all of your body for him/her so let him/her have it. There will be other races but baby will only need you so completely like this for such a short time. Sit back and relax and take in every moment of this magical time. Hope your tummy settles down for you soon - just remember, its a sign of a healthy pregnancy. That was my mantra when I had that 24 hour a day "morning" sickness.

Take care....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #1495
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Job vs race

As most of you probably did, I booked my trip back in July. It is paid in full and I have been training for months, over 180 miles since October. I just got a new part time job which has great earning potential at a new place that is not yet open and I am super excited about it. However, when I went to fill out paperwork and discuss scheduling I got a huge slap in the face. My new employer said there was absolutely NO WAY I could have Feb 22-25 off for the Princess! They actually pulled me right out of the paperwork session, took my employee folder and told me to call them when I get back from my trip. I was shocked! Who says "no exceptions" to something that has been planned long before this job was even a thought? I am so upset! After telling some of my family and friends I've actually had more than one person suggest I cancel my trip which I absolutely do not want to do! What are your thoughts?
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #1496
Cripey
DIS Veteran

WOOOOW...DL half just sold out! (10K and Dumbo Double sold out yesterday) The only thing left for that weekend now is 5k, and it's over 60% full I think. I hope everyone that needed it for C2C was able to get in!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #1497
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
As most of you probably did, I booked my trip back in July. It is paid in full and I have been training for months, over 180 miles since October. I just got a new part time job which has great earning potential at a new place that is not yet open and I am super excited about it. However, when I went to fill out paperwork and discuss scheduling I got a huge slap in the face. My new employer said there was absolutely NO WAY I could have Feb 22-25 off for the Princess! They actually pulled me right out of the paperwork session, took my employee folder and told me to call them when I get back from my trip. I was shocked! Who says "no exceptions" to something that has been planned long before this job was even a thought? I am so upset! After telling some of my family and friends I've actually had more than one person suggest I cancel my trip which I absolutely do not want to do! What are your thoughts?
oh man, that's a tough spot to be in. I think for me it would come down to whether I just "wanted" the job or "needed" the job. If I really needed it financially or as an important step in furthering a future career goal, then I'd have to chalk it up to making a sacrifice and doing what needed to be done for my finances/future. If I just wanted the job for something to keep me busy, something fun to do, etc., then I'd definitely examine whether or not it was worth it to work for a company that was so hard-nosed and not willing to give any leeway to it's employees on a case-by-case basis. What a crummy decision to have to make...sorry.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #1498
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Okay I can't believe I noticed this before but I just noticed the expo is at the Corando Springs Resort of all places. Not that I am complaining about the resort. Just struck me as odd. Anyway are they still providing transportation to and from the expo? Because otherwise I am screwed.
Transportations is still provided. I think spring baseball may have something to do with the change of venue. CS is a conference resort so they have a large venue.
Sad for those that haven't been to ESPN, but I think it may be a nice change.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #1499
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

I am looking forward to the expo being at CSR. I am not a big fan of the WWoS venue.

uccats97, I know it is disappointing, but I wouldn't expect vacation time/time off so soon after starting a new job... Tough decision, but like Cripey said, depends on how badly you need the job.

All this talk about going to the Wave the evening before has me wondering if I should do the same. I like to have fish and rice the night before a race and they have a great platter over at the AoA food court. From the Wave menu it looks like I can get jade rice-whatever that is! and the daily fish special. They do have a 5:10 available..... Then again, the thing I like about the Wave is the draft beer selection! Probably not a good thing that night!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #1500
eeyorechic
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread and joining in as a solo runner/walker. My first half after starting to get into running after having a baby 7 months ago, so I'm super excited!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: