Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #1471
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

I just got new shoes yesterday! I've been running in Brooks Adrenaline 12's, and they just came out with the 13's, so I thought I would go back into my local running store (Marathon Sports) to try a few options. I tried some kind of Muzinos that were huge and a pair of Asics (whatever their stability shoe is) that were terrible--- as soon as I ran down the sidewalk my shins hurt. So, I'm back in the Brooks. I couldn't tell much difference between the 12s and the 13s, and hopefully that will also be true once I am able to try a run in them (hopefully it will be slightly warmer on Thurs to give me a chance-- no indoor track or treadmill available for me).

Oh, and on the waiver thing, I don't expect to see anything until they get through the post-Tink and DL 1/2 wknd registration craziness.
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #1472
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Waivers! Waivers! Waivers! Waivers! Maybe if we all chant it, they will magically appear!
We are close! Wasn't today 1 month 2 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Checking in from 18* Brooklyn, NY. I foolishly slept in this morning and now am facing the cold at night :-/ I'm listening to podcasts and reading the boards to pysch myself up. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
If it helps you feel warm, it was -6 today but -19 with wind chill. So pretty much +18 is 35-40 degrees warmer.m
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #1473
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Hi Princesses
I just wanted to share......we just got back home from DL and running Tink. Had a great time and loved the warm weather.
This race was actually my best yet !!!!!
Really for the first time I was really "in the zone" and just kept pushing myself, kept running and had a strong finish. I'm usually very cautious (probably too cautious) especially when running by myself, but something just really clicked and I just went for it !!!! Maybe it was my wings. But I am even more excited for Princess and to really push and challenge myself even more.

I'm so excited and I knew you Princesses would "get it". Now I am half way there to finally getting my C2C. Until next years Tink, it's time to put my wings away and start polishing up my tiara.

Can't wait to run with all of you !!!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #1474
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie
I just got new shoes yesterday! I've been running in Brooks Adrenaline 12's, and they just came out with the 13's, so I thought I would go back into my local running store (Marathon Sports) to try a few options. I tried some kind of Muzinos that were huge and a pair of Asics (whatever their stability shoe is) that were terrible--- as soon as I ran down the sidewalk my shins hurt. So, I'm back in the Brooks. I couldn't tell much difference between the 12s and the 13s, and hopefully that will also be true once I am able to try a run in them (hopefully it will be slightly warmer on Thurs to give me a chance-- no indoor track or treadmill available for me).

Oh, and on the waiver thing, I don't expect to see anything until they get through the post-Tink and DL 1/2 wknd registration craziness.
I love marathon sports! It's where I got my shoes! Mizuno wave inspire 9s... Before I had brooks defyance 5s. Although recently I cheated on them with the greater boston running co. As I had a groupon and they're right down the street from where I work.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #1475
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Read your latest blog and cried ! You have been through soooo much, can't imagine the pain. Please know lots of love & pixie dust your way from TX!
Thank you so much! It's been quite the journey, that's for sure. Just gotta keep swimming, though, right?!

Quote:
Sooooo...no training this week until I feel better. Coach assured me that missing five days of training would not push me back. DH and I have already done a 10 mi run so we are okay for our goal of completing our first half. Still bummed...just not the gal who sits on the couch and watches tv !
I'm sorry that you're not feeling well, but glad you're taking time to rest and recover! I know how hard that is, mentally. I'm absolutely terrified of germs at this point. And I live in Tourist Central... very tempted to get a mask for running errands, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
The guy at the store was appalled that I was training in racing flats, but I am choosing to go back to pain free running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Waivers! Waivers! Waivers! Waivers! Maybe if we all chant it, they will magically appear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXAVE View Post
I know the race starts at 6:30, and this is a much smaller race than the half, so are there corals?
There was only one giant corral last year, with pace times marked to guide us to the right area, but it didn't work: it was a giant free-for-all. They made actual, lettered corrals for the W&D 5K and I'm pretty sure I read that they did the same for the 5K over Marathon weekend, so that may be the new method.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #1476
Cripey
DIS Veteran

I got my Magical Express envelope!!! That means the countdown is ON!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1477
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Hey Princesses! I have decided to defer the race. I know! But it really is the right choice for me at this time. I am 8 weeks preg and haven't run in a month because I have been literally sick 24 hrs a day with morning sickness. At this point just getting down to WDW will be an accomplishment for me! I spoke with Run Disney and I will be deferring to next year's Princess, and then they made a special exception/note on my file that I can defer again to the 2014 Wine and Dine which will give me plenty of time to train and prep (2014 Princess will be 15 weeks or so after I give birth to our first so cutting it a wee bit close imho). DH will be running this Princess of course, his first ever Half Marathon. I really know this is what's best for me. Sure I could try and drag my butt down there and try and walk most of it but i want to participate to my full extent. Especially because I feel like crap! It is bittersweet :-(

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #1478
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Hey Princesses! I have decided to defer the race. I know! But it really is the right choice for me at this time. I am 8 weeks preg and haven't run in a month because I have been literally sick 24 hrs a day with morning sickness. At this point just getting down to WDW will be an accomplishment for me! I spoke with Run Disney and I will be deferring to next year's Princess, and then they made a special exception/note on my file that I can defer again to the 2014 Wine and Dine which will give me plenty of time to train and prep (2014 Princess will be 15 weeks or so after I give birth to our first so cutting it a wee bit close imho). DH will be running this Princess of course, his first ever Half Marathon. I really know this is what's best for me. Sure I could try and drag my butt down there and try and walk most of it but i want to participate to my full extent. Especially because I feel like crap! It is bittersweet :-(
I do sympathize with you but understand your decision. My DD had sickness with both pregnancies and the most important thing is to take care of yourself and your little bundle of joy.

Another question. Did anyone else make reservations with run Disney and not get luggage tags? I have the package with dining. Trying to decide if I want to call run Disney.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #1479
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Such a difficult decision, but I think you made a wise choice!

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1480
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Hope everyone is warming up! We went out running yesterday and made it 5 miles in the wind pushing two kids in the stroller before we called it quits. It was just too hard to push my kiddos in a sail! We were still averaging about 13 mins despite feeling like we were being pushed backwards by a kite!

We also bit the bullet and booked a room at the Gaylord Palms for the night before the race! We live about 45 mins away from Mickeys home and decided it would be nice to "sleep in" (haha if you call 3am sleeping in) and having a place to shows afterwards!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #1481
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Congrats on the pregnancy! I know exactly how you are feeling! Hope the morning sickness passes for you soon (mine did by about 13 weeks)!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #1482
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
Hi Princesses
I just wanted to share......we just got back home from DL and running Tink. Had a great time and loved the warm weather.
This race was actually my best yet !!!!!
Really for the first time I was really "in the zone" and just kept pushing myself, kept running and had a strong finish. I'm usually very cautious (probably too cautious) especially when running by myself, but something just really clicked and I just went for it !!!! Maybe it was my wings. But I am even more excited for Princess and to really push and challenge myself even more.

I'm so excited and I knew you Princesses would "get it". Now I am half way there to finally getting my C2C. Until next years Tink, it's time to put my wings away and start polishing up my tiara.

Can't wait to run with all of you !!!!!!
You are among people who do "get it". Congratulations. I ran my first 1/2 the first weekend in January and several times during the last few miles I felt like crying because I realized that I was going to really finish and with strength. I couldn't believe that someone who considered herself a non-runner just 5 months ago could make that transformation. I first started running just to survive the PHM (my DD's idea. Cute costumes, Disney, how could i resist?) and not get swept. Now I think I'm hooked for life. I've already signed up for a 10k in March and another 1/2 in April. I'm not near as fast as most of you, but that's ok too. I'm not young (57) but I've found running is a safe place for self expression within each individual's capacity. No competition except with myself and lots so support to help with the hard run days.

I'm looking forward to running with (and probably behind) all of you while we all earn our medals.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1483
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you! Take care of yourself and that sweet little one!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1484
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
You are among people who do "get it". Congratulations. I ran my first 1/2 the first weekend in January and several times during the last few miles I felt like crying because I realized that I was going to really finish and with strength. I couldn't believe that someone who considered herself a non-runner just 5 months ago could make that transformation. I first started running just to survive the PHM (my DD's idea. Cute costumes, Disney, how could i resist?) and not get swept. Now I think I'm hooked for life. I've already signed up for a 10k in March and another 1/2 in April. I'm not near as fast as most of you, but that's ok too. I'm not young (57) but I've found running is a safe place for self expression within each individual's capacity. No competition except with myself and lots so support to help with the hard run days.

I'm looking forward to running with (and probably behind) all of you while we all earn our medals.
Congrats on your first half marathon ! And I will surely be right there with you behind lots of our fellow Princesses. I'm hoping with my current pace to finish around 3:00 hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I got my Magical Express envelope!!! That means the countdown is ON!!
We got Disney envelope in the mail too ! Anybody else staying at the contemporary ? Still thinking about reservations at the wave but looked at the menu and don't know if my tender tummy should try the "rich" food the night before the race.

Already thinking about getting back to the hotel after the race and then it hit me...monorail...yeah....guess the brain engaged between coughing spells and cold meds !
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #1485
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

Congrats on your first half marathon ! And I will surely be right there with you behind lots of our fellow Princesses. I'm hoping with my current pace to finish around 3:00 hrs.

We got Disney envelope in the mail too ! Anybody else staying at the contemporary ? Still thinking about reservations at the wave but looked at the menu and don't know if my tender tummy should try the "rich" food the night before the race.

Already thinking about getting back to the hotel after the race and then it hit me...monorail...yeah....guess the brain engaged between coughing spells and cold meds !
We're at the contemporary too. DD wanted the monorail too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: