Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
micahchan76
Earning My Ears

March and April 2014 visit

I know it's a bit in the distant future but, I'm planning a trip to Disneyland for the first two weeks in April in 2014.

I was there on the last week of March and the first week in April of 2012 (first time in 18 years and first time ever for my children).

The last week of March was amazing. Extended hours and no wait times longer than 1/2 hour. The first week of April was super crowded (more so than what I remember summer like 18 years ago). I still had a blast even though it was crowded.

I later found out that the majority of public schools in California and Mexico go on Spring Break the week before or after Easter. The first week of April was the week before Easter in 2012.

Easter is on April 20 in 2014 so I was wondering if all you SoCal residents with season passes might have some insight into if the first and second week of April in 2014 will still be as crowded as I experienced in 2012 or was it busy in 2012 because public school was on spring break the first week in April?

It looks like there are extended hours four weeks prior to Easter every year which is big for us. We love the fireworks and fantasmic. The kids love being able to stay up late too.

Should I do like last time and go the last week of March and first week of April or would it be good the first two weeks of April since Easter is so late in 2014?

Thanks for bearing with me. Any insight is appreciated.

Micah CHAN
micahchan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Yes. Typically the weeks before and after Easter will have most spring break crowds.
I think either time you choose (late March/early April or the 1st 2 weeks in April) will have lower crowds. It is hard to predict though if there will be extend hours during the week during those times.
Hope that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: