Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
I hit the road at 5am, Central, this morning. 995 miles later I pulled into Pop Century at 6:40pm, Central. Stopped 3 times for ~25 minutes total. I'll be at EP RD in the morning. Goodnight.
Quote:
The return drive in holiday traffic took 2.5 hours longer but was spread over 2 days. Orlando to the I-75 and I-10 split was absolutely horrible.
Bravo.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Q-man
DIS Veteran

It was such a crazy busy trip I forgot I was the 4th one through my gate at EP that next morning, in the first 20 people pulling Soarin FPs, plus made the first Soarin flight that morning. With that and a 9:40 FP I rode Soarin 3 times before 10am. Walked right on to Nemo, hit SoAT and Mission Space(walked straight on), and was at the WS about 15 minutes before it opened. Went back to the hotel around 1:30pm, hitting SE on the way out, and took a 3 hours nap. I was toast and never made it back Epcot that night. I did hit MK RD the following morning and did all the headline rides except Splash by 11am. They opened the FLE AP holder preview to all by that time so I explored that too.

Last edited by Q-man; 11-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
It was such a crazy busy trip I forgot I was the 4th one through my gate at EP that next morning, in the first 20 people pulling Soarin FPs, plus made the first Soarin flight that morning. With that and a 9:40 FP I rode Soarin 3 times before 10am. Walked right on to Nemo, hit SoAT and Mission Space(walked straight on), and was at the WS about 15 minutes before it opened. Went back to the hotel around 1:30pm, hitting SE on the way out, and took a 3 hours nap. I was toast and never made it back Epcot that night. I did hit MK RD the following morning and did all the headline rides except Splash by 11am. They opened the FLE AP holder preview to all by that time so I explored that too.
Yeah, it wipes you out. We usually spend the first day at the resort and I'll sleep by the pool. Sounds like you got some really cool rides in in a short amount of time.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #19
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Well done! LOVE making good time. And it is so much easier to do when I am by myself.

I don't blam you for skipping out on the evening activities. I would have been done as well.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
Maroonag1
DisDad #730

For our August trip we are planning a marathon drive. Austin TX to Orlando, 17hrs. I am going to knock off work a little early on Friday come home load the car and grab a 3 hour nap. Hit the road about 6pm and I will drive thru the night (I am a night owl) The girls have portable DVD's to keep themselves busytill they fall asleep, (along with wife). I hope to get to Tallahassee around dawn (6am Central) where my wife can take over if I start geting tired. Our first afternoon is a resort pool day so we can recover and get a good nights sleep before our first day in the park.
2 years ago we did 2500 miles in 3 days during the holidays with the kids and they traveled well (there were presents at the end of each leg of the trip that may have helped) and we didnt even have to leave the state.
I used to make long drives all the time when I was hauling horses, I could do 16-18 hours at a time only stopping for gas and restrooms but that was 2 kids ago.

I know I will be so excited going there that I wont be able to sleep anyway, but the return trip is going to be horrible.

Early stages of 2015 trip planning now.
Trip report of 2013 coming soon.

Me(Cliff), DW, DD(14), DD(7)
Maroonag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Deleted. Did not realize the thread was from last year (oops).
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: