Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #691
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Glad you went for the Scwarma platter- it is really nice!

I never understand why they have to close all that F&W stuff down at 9, but I guess they don't think there would be enough peeps there for it or they want to kick all the boozers out!

I was able to book GCV this am- but I still need to do one more day with my Boardwalk pts (different use year- can't combine them for an August vacation because you can't transfer borrowed points and BWV has an Oct UY. My BCV and AKV are June). So the profound and nutty stress I went through this am I will get to repeat on Friday morning- SUPER!! At least it's only for one night- so if I don't get it, we can just move or leave CA a day early.

5 more days til Mexico!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #692
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Glad you went for the Scwarma platter- it is really nice!

I never understand why they have to close all that F&W stuff down at 9, but I guess they don't think there would be enough peeps there for it or they want to kick all the boozers out!

I was able to book GCV this am- but I still need to do one more day with my Boardwalk pts (different use year- can't combine them for an August vacation because you can't transfer borrowed points and BWV has an Oct UY. My BCV and AKV are June). So the profound and nutty stress I went through this am I will get to repeat on Friday morning- SUPER!! At least it's only for one night- so if I don't get it, we can just move or leave CA a day early.

5 more days til Mexico!

I'm glad you got your GCV villa. Did you get a Studio or one bedroom? Are all 5 of you going? I will cross my fingers for you on Friday morning and send major pixie dust!

Your resort looks gorgeous in Mexico. I'm super envious. This has been the worst winter that I can recall in the 20 we've been here. Can't wait to read all about it.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #693
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great update. Sorry you didn't realize that the Kiosks shut down for EMH. I don't understand why either, but it's a drag.

La Cava looks like so much fun. I was telling Fran about it last night and she said we'll have to go there for a drink and a snack this trip!

Did anyone in your party have the Cucumber Margarita? I think that's one of the things that sealed it for her and that she loves margaritas.

Ellen - good score on the VGC! I hope you get your last day!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #694
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Great update. Sorry you didn't realize that the Kiosks shut down for EMH. I don't understand why either, but it's a drag.

La Cava looks like so much fun. I was telling Fran about it last night and she said we'll have to go there for a drink and a snack this trip!

Did anyone in your party have the Cucumber Margarita? I think that's one of the things that sealed it for her and that she loves margaritas.

I don't know if anyone had the cucumber but do remember mine was blood orange...I'll go to allears and see if I can recall any of the names....nope, they don't have the names listed. I wish we could have stayed longer. Darn kids always wanting to eat and stuff.

It was a drag but we made the best of it and ended up having a great time. It was nice to be able to sit and chat. Poor Cynthia got a large dose of me and my family. A girls' trip is definitely in order.

And I forgot to ask: are you packed???

Last edited by rentayenta; 01-21-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #695
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Sorry about the delay in updating, my Photobucket was giving me mad grief so I finally just opened a second account. Im super smart like that. Haha!
Ugh, I bit the bullet a few years ago and upgraded to pro and honestly, I never have issues any more. I've had a few lately with their new site design but that's just been with organizing, not uploads etc like I used to. 2 accounts would make me nutty.

Quote:
Earlier I had text Cynthia and we were going to get the chance to meet up tonight. I was really looking forward to meeting her because between here and FB, I felt I already knew here.
Ditto! and nice view YOU had for the fireworks!

Quote:
After Illuminations we were heading to La Cava to meet Cynthia and her friend along with Jenna and Nate while all of the kids rode in Mexico. It was a walk on.

Now forgive me here but it had been a long day and I dont remember the names of the margaritas. What I do recall is how sweet Cynthia and her friend were along with my sweet hubby buying everyone their drinks and taking a few photos for me.

Very sweet! That was a nice surprise and treat, thank you again Michael!

I had the classic and remembered being surprised it came in the large cup as last time it had been made in a shaker and poured into a martini glass. Apparently because it was food and wine, everything was being served in the large "to go" cups. Worked for me! YUM!

Quote:

From left: me, Cynthia, Pat, and Jenna. to the DIS for helping me meet some truly amazing women that have fostered into great friendships.
It is such a wonderful thing!

Quote:
As we strolled we realized quickly that all the kiosks were closed with a capital and bold C. Knowing not a lot would be open, almost all of us liked Morroco, and it was close we opted for their CS. It wasn't very busy so not only did we get some delicious food we also got some fun entertainment from the staff. Had the kiosks been open we never wouldnt have been able experience this. I swear, when at Disney, it always turns out better than I could hope.

Like they were just waiting for us to have some fun:

Michael getting in on the action:

Oh my goodness it was such a spontaneous and fun thing, so entertaining and just a riot!

Quote:
Emma wasn't thrilled with the food options here so Jenna took her to China to grab something.

By the time we ate and Jenna returned it was late and we were all tired. We chatted a little more and then bid our farewells. Although it didn't go according to plan it was a fun meet and we had a good time.
Poor Emma, she just wanted to go to America, and they were closed. I felt so bad for her.

We did do one more thing on the way out Pat said goodbye before the UK as she was headed back to the BC and my plan was to walk out with you guys who were planning to hit Soarin' and head back to the VWL. However my plan didn't go according to plan as I was persuaded otherwise , and we all hit Soarin' taking up, if memory serves the entire front row. Then as we walked back I saw my bus (had yours just pulled out?) and I RAN to catch it. Sorry if my goodbye was rushed, I was happy to not have just missed it, WL seems forever and a day away from Epcot. It isn't but at that hour I was ready for bed, super long and fun day. I had so much fun with your family (Jenna's too!), thanks for letting me tag along it was really fun. Your kids are absolutely adorable.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #696
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

And I forgot to ask: are you packed???
You keep asking me that!!!!!!!!!! No! And not even close! I know I'm going to be doing it all the day before.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #697
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom

Ugh, I bit the bullet a few years ago and upgraded to pro and honestly, I never have issues any more. I've had a few lately with their new site design but that's just been with organizing, not uploads etc like I used to. 2 accounts would make me nutty.

Ditto! and nice view YOU had for the fireworks!

Very sweet! That was a nice surprise and treat, thank you again Michael!

I had the classic and remembered being surprised it came in the large cup as last time it had been made in a shaker and poured into a martini glass. Apparently because it was food and wine, everything was being served in the large "to go" cups. Worked for me! YUM!

It is such a wonderful thing!

Oh my goodness it was such a spontaneous and fun thing, so entertaining and just a riot!

Poor Emma, she just wanted to go to America, and they were closed. I felt so bad for her.

We did do one more thing on the way out Pat said goodbye before the UK as she was headed back to the BC and my plan was to walk out with you guys who were planning to hit Soarin' and head back to the VWL. However my plan didn't go according to plan as I was persuaded otherwise , and we all hit Soarin' taking up, if memory serves the entire front row. Then as we walked back I saw my bus (had yours just pulled out?) and I RAN to catch it. Sorry if my goodbye was rushed, I was happy to not have just missed it, WL seems forever and a day away from Epcot. It isn't but at that hour I was ready for bed, super long and fun day. I had so much fun with your family (Jenna's too!), thanks for letting me tag along it was really fun. Your kids are absolutely adorable.
I knew we went in Soarin' and asked Joshua when I was writing the update and he said no. That's what I get for asking an 11 y/o for details. And I swear Emma wanted China? I'm losing it. Blame my 15+ days of parenting alone. Holy baby brain.

We took up the first row. We're first row freaks. I don't like dangling feet.

Do you remember the other flavors of margaritas that we ordered? At least I got Morocco correct. I'd never been to La Cava and didn't know the drinks come in smaller glasses. Score!

I knew we didn't scare you too badly as we met up again- spoiler- but all 5 Sheets at a time can be a lot. It was so good to meet up. One of these days I'm going to tag along on one if your DIS girls' trips. You looked relaxed and free. I did not. Lol!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #698
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

You keep asking me that!!!!!!!!!! No! And not even close! I know I'm going to be doing it all the day before.
Thats why I keep asking. Just wondering if you've unpacked too. I'm so happy your trip is happening! Single digits are so much fun.

Anymore fun changes from the airlines? That's always the most stressful part for me.

Last edited by rentayenta; 01-22-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #699
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I knew we went in Soarin' and asked Joshua when I was writing the update and he said no. That's what I get for asking an 11 y/o for details. And I swear Emma wanted China? I'm losing it. Blame my 15+ days of parenting alone. Holy baby brain.
I hear you there. Evan and Eric were convinced they went into the ocean in Nassau and it took a bunch of chatting for them to go oh yeah...that was Vero. Poor baby wanted America. I think they ended up having to go all the way to Fountainview to find something open? Yikes, not sure, that's a Jenna question for sure.

Quote:
Do you remember the other flavors of margaritas that we ordered? At least I got Morocco correct. I'd never been to La Cava and didn't know the drinks come in smaller glasses. Score!
Well the drink isn't smaller but you can get them shaken and poured versus on the rocks for some of them although I don't know which ones. I know someone had blood orange and no, no clue on the rest lol! Cucumber? Jalepeno? Basil? I know they have all of those...

I'm no help am I?

Quote:
I knew we didn't scare you too badly as we met up again- spoiler- but all 5 Sheets at a time can be a lot. It was so good to meet up. One of these days I'm going to tag along on one if your DIS girls' trips. You looked relaxed and free. I did not. Lol!
Oh please! We have four kids remember? We'd probably scar you! And I'm the oldest of 6. Tag along, bring Jenna!! Next one looks to be May of 2014....Flower and Garden A girls trip is much more relaxing though, no doubt. Just wait, next New Years I will be a train wreck. 5 teenage boys. In one villa. I'll need to turn the villa into a Ditch just to survive. Heck just the planning right now is a bit but I'm trying to roll with it and not stress as I wait for the 11m day to come and decide whether to "walk" or not.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #700
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

We've had the Cucumber. Honestly, it was pretty forgettable. I loved the blood orange and the avocado, though. They were divine!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #701
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I hear you there. Evan and Eric were convinced they went into the ocean in Nassau and it took a bunch of chatting for them to go oh yeah...that was Vero. Poor baby wanted America. I think they ended up having to go all the way to Fountainview to find something open? Yikes, not sure, that's a Jenna question for sure.

I think my margarita was strong because I don't remember anything about America.

Kids are funny. You did the hotel in Nassau right? Joshua swore we went straight back but now I totally remember your bus showing up after Soarin' and you high tailing it out of there. I get by with a little from my friends.

Quote:
Well the drink isn't smaller but you can get them shaken and poured versus on the rocks for some of them although I don't know which ones. I know someone had blood orange and no, no clue on the rest lol! Cucumber? Jalepeno? Basil? I know they have all of those...

I'm no help am I?

I swear someone got jalapeño, maybe Michael? Next time I'm there, I'm staying for two and relaxing. It's funny no matter how many trips we take to WDW, we learn so much about what to do more or less of, what to try, do better, skip altogether etc....

Quote:
Oh please! We have four kids remember? We'd probably scar you! And I'm the oldest of 6. Tag along, bring Jenna!! Next one looks to be May of 2014....Flower and Garden A girls trip is much more relaxing though, no doubt. Just wait, next New Years I will be a train wreck. 5 teenage boys. In one villa. I'll need to turn the villa into a Ditch just to survive. Heck just the planning right now is a bit but I'm trying to roll with it and not stress as I wait for the 11m day to come and decide whether to "walk" or not.

What are you trying to decide about the 11th month? Walk the reservation? Is it longer than 7 nights? Are you moving resorts? And 5 teenage boys? Are you doing a GV?

May of 2014? Do you have dates already? Crazy that we are all planning that far out isn't it? Or is it?

Our summer anniversary plans are all whacked out now. Our plan was to do 12 days somewhere over the summer. I want August, when its more $$$ but the kids are out of school and Michael wants September when it's less $$$ and the kids are in school. I told him there is no way we can leave the kids for 2 weeks during school with all of their dance and soccer even with Gabby driving. Impossible Add the fact that I'm at about at my wits end with this whole Utah/freezing/winter thing. So I think we're going to celebrate our anniversary in January by going somewhere warm. Now that still leaves the issue of school and rides but it gives me a break during the winter and it'll be for a week not 12 days. I've got so many ideas, its making me crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
We've had the Cucumber. Honestly, it was pretty forgettable. I loved the blood orange and the avocado, though. They were divine!

I loved the blood orange. I recall an avocado on the menu. I've had pineapple and cilantro elsewhere and it was so good. Now I want a margarita and it's 6 am.

Last edited by rentayenta; 01-23-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #702
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I think my margarita was strong because I don't remember anything about America.
You may have been tied up with kids ordering food too, and we were kind of split up at what 2-3 tables?

Quote:
Kids are funny. You did the hotel in Nassau right? Joshua swore we went straight back but now I totally remember your bus showing up after Soarin' and you high tailing it out of there. I get by with a little from my friends.
I did, I ran for that bus! Too funny, I found out later that Mary Ellen woke at midnight thought about whether she should be worried I wasn't back yet and then apparently decided I was a big girl and went back to sleep. I got back by 12:30 I think. Yep, hotel in Nassau and both boys wouldn't go in the Ocean..."it stings my skin"

Yeah and you wonder why we aren't taking you to Hawaii? It's funny, they spend SO much time in the lake here it's like they have zero tolerance for the ocean. Which I get if it was going into Puget Sound but in FL? Funny how a change of venue can change that though....reality is I'm sure they'd love Aulani. Maybe someday.

Quote:
I swear someone got jalapeño, maybe Michael? Next time I'm there, I'm staying for two and relaxing. It's funny no matter how many trips we take to WDW, we learn so much about what to do more or less of, what to try, do better, skip altogether etc....
Could be. I know Mary Ellen loves the jalapeño I have no desire to even try it!

Quote:
What are you trying to decide about the 11th month? Walk the reservation? Is it longer than 7 nights? Are you moving resorts? And 5 teenage boys? Are you doing a GV?
The plan, the HOPE is for the following

12/29-1/4 BWV, 2B Boardwalk View
1/4-1/7 THV

Rooming is a little TBD but will most likely be

at the BW:
  • Master: Jeff and I.
  • Studio (BWV only has lockoffs, kind of a bummer) all 5 boys (one air mattress)
  • Living Room : My sister and maybe ex SIL (they'd share the pullout if so). OR her youngest who is a bit of a mama's boy still, might stay out there with her.

I'm a fan of locking them all in one room, with their own bathroom and fridge and microwave and a nice full kitchen/LR between me and them. Or really Jeff and them!

2 Cash rooms booked separately, right now the top contender is Swolphin for my Mom/Dad and then other sister/BIL. Their dates will probably be slightly different.

THV...haven't figured out that part yet. Not sure if everyone will be along for all 9 days so I'll worry about that part once we have dates. Inclination is the boys get the other 2 bedrooms and sister takes LR again. I really don't want the kids in my living space!

There are some wildcards. ExSIL and or my brother may or may not go (parents of one of the boys, if not nephew is just traveling with us). My sister who would maybe share that bed with ExSIL (who we adore) has a new BF who has 2 girls and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if another cash room with that group happened.

But all I need to worry about right now is getting our villa at 11m. Which is incredibly stressful!

I'd love to do a GV. Definitely nowhere near enough points for that, especially at that time of year. And honestly other than the big kitchen and much better dining layout, it really doesn't help the sleeping situation much given the bedroom layout. Adult couples really don't want to share rooms. I had originally considered trying to switch to one at OKW at 7m (could swing that) but have been told that's a total pipe dream for NYE. Plus everyone else wanted RBV and THV more. So I have to decide whether or not to try and walk the BWV ressie (not really worried about the THV with those dates).

Here are my options.

1. Walk each day, starting this sat on the 26th. Book online on the 26th and then call at 9am on the 27, 28 and 29 to modify.

Pro: Locks up our start date (29th) as early as we can.
Con: Can't book actual NYE until the 28th due to the high points and lose the hour online advantage.

2. Walk by just one day, starting on the 28th and booking online which gets us through NYE and NYD. Call the next day to modify.

Pro: Locks up through NYE/NYD
Con: NYE might be gone by then. Locking up the days before may, or may not help me with that, so impossible to know!

3. Do nothing, book all online on the 29th. Pray.

Here is the reality. We are trying for the Sunday check in which of course is hugely popular. The Sunday before ours (22nd) had it's 11m date yesterday. ALL room views for a 2B on the 22nd are gone, some were gone before the yesterday, like 1-3 days prior! Boardwalk and Standard are gone for the 23rd and were within the first 1-2 hours. As it's 5am PST to try, I wasn't online right then but think I need to be for the rest of the week to really track. Which sucks! In comparison, not one night is gone for THV.

I have to decide if trying to lock up my first (and then 2nd) night is worth potentially losing the 1 hour online advantage for the first day I could book through NYE and if so, I'll be online at 5am on Sat, on the phone at 6am sun, mon and tues until this is done. Not to mention god only knows how long it takes to get a live rep at 9am EST, do people robo dial starting a few minutes early or what?

Very stressed out about it and don't even know what to do if I can't get it. Do I book Pool/garden for the whole thing assuming I can get it and waitlist? Do I take a split view reservation and waitlist the nights I didn't get for BW view (which Jeff REALLY REALLY wants) or ???

What if I can't get NYE at all at BWV even at 11m?

Quote:
May of 2014? Do you have dates already? Crazy that we are all planning that far out isn't it? Or is it?
We do actually, I'll have to look and see what they are but we've got a 1-2 range in our sights, later part of the month. It is crazy, and good, and crazy.

Quote:
Our summer anniversary plans are all whacked out now. Our plan was to do 12 days somewhere over the summer. I want August, when its more $$$ but the kids are out of school and Michael wants September when it's less $$$ and the kids are in school. I told him there is no way we can leave the kids for 2 weeks during school with all of their dance and soccer even with Gabby driving. Impossible Add the fact that I'm at about at my wits end with this whole Utah/freezing/winter thing. So I think we're going to celebrate our anniversary in January by going somewhere warm. Now that still leaves the issue of school and rides but it gives me a break during the winter and it'll be for a week not 12 days. I've got so many ideas, its making me crazy.
I hear you, though in some ways it is easier for people to watch your kids during the school year and then to try to keep them (or at least mine) entertained if there is a ton of down time like summer. But the logistics to try and get anyone else to cover is a nightmare. The E's are probably just going to miss somethings while we are in Hawaii to minimize it but even then, what would be "quiet" to us will be exhausting to my folks.

I think Sept is hard as school has just started, Oct a little easier if you are going to do it during school but Jan/Feb for getting out of dodge...just lovely! I'd LOVE to be going somewhere warm next month, we were just whinging about it last night even though we do have something on the books it's still 4 months away.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #703
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

ok, per Pat, she had the cucumber

and I used my dining app to see what was open and that's how we ended up in Morocco

Funny part of this picture is I have a picture (just posted on the F&W Gaston TR) of me taking a picture of my drink, that shows her taking this picture. So funny to see the exact same thing from different viewpoints. I did totally steal some of your pictures for my update as they came out better
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #704
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hey guys!

I wanted to spread the news. It may not be cancer with Scotty. The Dr told him today that if it is cancer it is very treatable.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #705
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39
Hey guys!

I wanted to spread the news. It may not be cancer with Scotty. The Dr told him today that if it is cancer it is very treatable.
This is AWESOME news Michele! I bet you're feeling some sense of relief.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: