Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #901
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
...If you already have a package booked with dining or even just tickets and no dining, they can simply add the promo onto your current reservation...
I'm afraid that is untrue. For example, let's say you have booked a s/p/d package, then FD is released, and the time during your stay qualifies.

There are a set number of blocks of rooms at select resorts that Disney deems qualify for FD. Once that block is filled, the game is over. Under your theory, a guest would not need to worry about that block filling up if Disney merely needed to add the promo to your account. In reality, they have to cancel the reservation and place you in an open "block" of FD promo-qualifying spaces.

February 2015: Pop
September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!)August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #902
tiggerificamanda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1
we booked through aaa and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if fd does come out. We are currently booked at pofq and she said that historically they dont get fd there so we may have to switch to por. We are ok with that.
i love por!
tiggerificamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #903
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipears Fan View Post
I'm afraid that is untrue. For example, let's say you have booked a s/p/d package, then FD is released, and the time during your stay qualifies.

There are a set number of blocks of rooms at select resorts that Disney deems qualify for FD. Once that block is filled, the game is over. Under your theory, a guest would not need to worry about that block filling up if Disney merely needed to add the promo to your account. In reality, they have to cancel the reservation and place you in an open "block" of FD promo-qualifying spaces.
Not sure why you chose to only quote a fraction of what aaarcher86 posted, but her entire post IS correct. If you are booked with a package, they do not have to cancel your package to add free dining. They can simply modify it, even if it requires the changing of your resort in order to get the discount. There is still no guarantee that you can get it, but nothing has to be canceled in order to take advantage of the deal (provided you are booked with a package to begin with).
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #904
Chabby
Mouseketeer

We went last year, March 3 to 11. I booked a package room and tickets directly on Disney's website (ASMu). I was (still am) a rookie and had no idea of FD. Then a nice lady here at DIS told me that FD was available for those dates. I called and asked the CM if it was possible to add it to my reservation and she did. No changes, no hassle.

We are planning to go early September this year. Does anyone know what were the blackout dates for Sept. '12? (Just to have an idea). DD may have school break starting 9/2 but that's Labor Day. Is that a busy week/weekend? Has those been (historically) blackout dates?

TIA!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #905
jcamacam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
We booked through AAA and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if FD does come out. We are currently booked at POFQ and she said that historically they dont get FD there so we may have to switch to POR. We are ok with that.
You may be in luck! We stayed at POFQ in 2011 and got free dining (It was an end of Feb/early March trip). Good luck and have a fantastic time!

Numerous trips throughout childhood
October 1998 (off-site) Honeymoon!
October 1999 (Contemporary) - 1st Anniversary
November 2000 (Contemporary)
November 2002 (Contemporary) - Oldest DS's 1st trip
December 2003 (Contemporary)
September 2004 (Contemporary)
December 2005 (Contemporary) - Youngest DS's 1st trip
December 2006 (Contemporary)
December 2007 (Contemporary)
May 2009 (Carribbean Beach - surprise trip from DH!)
December 2009 (Contemporary)
February 24-March 5, 2011 (Port Orleans, French Quarter)
March 1-10, 2012 (Carribbean Beach) - surprise trip for our two sons, 10 and 7
jcamacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #906
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamacam View Post
You may be in luck! We stayed at POFQ in 2011 and got free dining (It was an end of Feb/early March trip). Good luck and have a fantastic time!
This is awesome news! We stayed in POFQ in 2006 and loved it! I like that it is smaller than the other moderates...I'm afraid if we stay at POR we will be so far away and the walk to get coffee in the morning will seem like the longest walk ever...

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #907
kbuck
Mouseketeer

Location: was Chalmette, LA now Pearl River, LA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

We stayed at POFQ and had free dining.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #908
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

We too had free dining at POFQ. I think being they are the smallest moderate they offer less rooms with the discounts, but they definately do offer them or have in the past anyway.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #909
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
We went last year, March 3 to 11. I booked a package room and tickets directly on Disney's website (ASMu). I was (still am) a rookie and had no idea of FD. Then a nice lady here at DIS told me that FD was available for those dates. I called and asked the CM if it was possible to add it to my reservation and she did. No changes, no hassle.

We are planning to go early September this year. Does anyone know what were the blackout dates for Sept. '12? (Just to have an idea). DD may have school break starting 9/2 but that's Labor Day. Is that a busy week/weekend? Has those been (historically) blackout dates?

TIA!
There were no black out dates at all. But there was some resort with little to no availability in certain room catagories.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #910
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We booked through AAA and our travel agent said we may have to switch resorts if FD does come out. We are currently booked at POFQ and she said that historically they dont get FD there so we may have to switch to POR. We are ok with that.
Were coming from the uk staying POFQ in September after schools go back there and here but with free qsdp ( upgraded to Dp ) and i booked 2012 Easter time

But swings and roundabouts coming from uk.We don't tend to get any of the room discounts that you can get
wheels on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #911
Aatif911
Mouseketeer

Bounce back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Bb offer ran a week earlier than the GP offer last year. I was able to get Bb for this year and it ran a week earlier than the FD offer that was out. The start dates for the Bb offer this year was 8/18.
We took advantage of Bb and are going end of September!
I was told that the particular BB starts at aug 18 till sept 28

Upcoming Trip/s
12/14 CSR, 05/15 POFQ, and 10/15 POR
Aatif911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #912
anijac1412
Mouseketeer

Honeymoon

We are planning our Disney honeymoon at the beginning of Sept... Any kind of promotion would be nice, but I'm crossing my fingers for FD. We want to get FD and upgrade to deluxe dining in a moderate resort.

anijac1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #913
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijac1412 View Post
We are planning our Disney honeymoon at the beginning of Sept... Any kind of promotion would be nice, but I'm crossing my fingers for FD. We want to get FD and upgrade to deluxe dining in a moderate resort.
there needs to be a like button like there is on facebook...I'd click like to this.
How fun planning a wedding AND a Disney Honeymoon!!!! Congratulations!

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

Last edited by feet1; 01-23-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling
feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #914
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
There were no black out dates at all. But there was some resort with little to no availability in certain room catagories.
Thank you!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #915
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
there needs to be a like button like there is on facebook...I'd click like to this.
How fun planning a wedding AND a Disney Honeymoon!!!! Congratulations!
I agree 100% I wish I could "like" many of the posts here at DIS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: