Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #76
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Really hoping Disney goes ALL OUT on a Star Wars Land but I also think DOwntown Disney Disney Quest could /should do a ton of STAR WARS stuff as well
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #77
SpacePlace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney is my life View Post
I really hope it's cars land to me star wars just isnt "disney" but it doesnt bother me since its easy enough to avoid, but im praying that avatar land is NEVER put onto Disney property.
True, Star Wars is not Disney but I do like how they pulled off Star Tours from the start. If they do more Star Wars in any of the parks, I hope they do it as well and better. If they can bring in new technology for it, I think that would really make the difference. I'm not as excited about new rides with new stories when they are just using the same dark ride technology as Snow White's Scary Adventure. I want the story and technological excitement to be there, like the first time I rode Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, etc.
SpacePlace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #78
fannatic
Mouseketeer

People keep talking about a Star Wars land at DHS, but it doesn't seem like there's that much room for expansion. I guess they could go into the parking lot and squeeze in a few more attractions. Can anyone who knows more about computers than I do show a map for possible expansion for Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'd appreciate it, thanks.
fannatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #79
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannatic View Post
People keep talking about a Star Wars land at DHS, but it doesn't seem like there's that much room for expansion. I guess they could go into the parking lot and squeeze in a few more attractions. Can anyone who knows more about computers than I do show a map for possible expansion for Disney's Hollywood Studios? I'd appreciate it, thanks.
This is an interesting article with a good corresponding map.

It provides fun speculation about quite a few changes including Star Wars, monsters inc, cars land, re imaging the sorcerers hat area, adding a new restaurant on the second floor of great movie ride and a few other ideas and a clear map.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #80
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePlace View Post
True, Star Wars is not Disney but I do like how they pulled off Star Tours from the start. If they do more Star Wars in any of the parks, I hope they do it as well and better. If they can bring in new technology for it, I think that would really make the difference. I'm not as excited about new rides with new stories when they are just using the same dark ride technology as Snow White's Scary Adventure. I want the story and technological excitement to be there, like the first time I rode Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, etc.

But Star Wars Weekend is absolutely amazing and is bringing more crowds in DHS! I love every minute of it. While it's not "Disney" as we know it, Disney now owns it but it will become Disney to my kids as well as my grandkids. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I would love to see a whole SW land somewhere. Made my day when I was the "rebel spy" last year in DL!

I like the Indiana Jones ride as well, I wish that there was something similar in Florida.
ammeador2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #81
TXMalecifent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2

I like the Indiana Jones ride as well, I wish that there was something similar in Florida.
Actually AK's Dinosaur is an Indiana Jones clone. Same ride vehicle, in fact the track layout/ pathway is the same, Disney just themed it differently.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #82
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMalecifent

Actually AK's Dinosaur is an Indiana Jones clone. Same ride vehicle, in fact the track layout/ pathway is the same, Disney just themed it differently.
Yeah..they took the "fun, lite" approach
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #83
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

Ohhh! I am excited! I am sure what ever it is it is sure to be AMAZING!!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #84
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TXMalecifent;47251221]Actually AK's Dinosaur is an Indiana Jones clone. Same ride vehicle, in fact the track layout/ pathway is the same, Disney just themed it differently.[/QUOTE

it scares the daylights out of my kids whereas Indiana Jones they want to ride again and again. Also, the height restriction for Dinosaurs is 40" but for Indiana Jones its 48" so it's not exactly the same
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #85
JB2K
DIS Veteran

For those wanting a "Cars Land" at WDW -- don't they already have something similar -- namely, the recently-renovated "Test Track"?

Seriously -- the Florida park doesn't have to have everything -- that's the kind of stuff that gives each place its' own unique identity.

And now that Disney owns the Star Wars franchise (with no restrictions imposed by cross-town rival parks), I would expect a major expanision of the SW franchise at DHS...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #86
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22 View Post
Ohhh! I am excited! I am sure what ever it is it is sure to be AMAZING!!
Exactly...just like a sequel.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #87
hroyale
Mouseketeer

I have to say as the mother of both a son and a daughter, all of these new possibilites sound great. There is so much more of girls at DW right now, we're getting to the point that we need to plug Universal in to keep things "even". So Star Wars, Avatar or Cars all make really good sense. (My son doesn't like pirates, which is all Disney really has for boys.)

Here's my opinion: Cars Land feels "west". I like that it's a California thing. Keep it there. Re-theme the boring race cars in Tomorrow Land to be the Pixar Cup and maybe add a few touches here or there, but let CA have Cars Land. Does Adventures by Disney do a Route 66 trip? If not, why not?

Avatar Land: My kids really don't know that movie. The ride itself will need to be really interesting for them. I'm sure it can be, if done right. Have no problem with it, but really miss FOLK. Never really understood why the movie was so popular. Hated Titanic.

Star Wars: I was exactly my kids age when Star Wars came out. (8) I think this is an excellent biz idea. So many of my contemporaries are raising their kids on Star Wars. My kids know it just from Disney and both own light sabers and lego sets. They've seen a few of the movies and Star Tours is on their short list of favorite rides. Disney really can't go wrong here. This is a project that would rain $$. Seriously. And Florida + space makes sense. There is so much potential here it's crazy.

DS 10
DD 10
DH

hroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #88
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePlace View Post
That's funny...because the 1980s simulator vans is my main problem with star tours...dodge caravans on a stick.

I would hope that they use Isaac Newton's principles for the next star wars "thrill rides"...not smoke and mirror parlor tricks like 3D glasses and computerized herky jerky movement.

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #89
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ammeador2;47252476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMalecifent View Post
Actually AK's Dinosaur is an Indiana Jones clone. Same ride vehicle, in fact the track layout/ pathway is the same, Disney just themed it differently.[/QUOTE

it scares the daylights out of my kids whereas Indiana Jones they want to ride again and again. Also, the height restriction for Dinosaurs is 40" but for Indiana Jones its 48" so it's not exactly the same
It is EXACTLY the same layout and ride system. that was an obvious cost cutting measure when they built CTX.
Scenery is different...but nothing else

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #90
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
For those wanting a "Cars Land" at WDW -- don't they already have something similar -- namely, the recently-renovated "Test Track"?

Seriously -- the Florida park doesn't have to have everything -- that's the kind of stuff that gives each place its' own unique identity.

And now that Disney owns the Star Wars franchise (with no restrictions imposed by cross-town rival parks), I would expect a major expanision of the SW franchise at DHS...
Here, Here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: