Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a carpool
The Magic is as strong as ever 174 36.71%
The Magic has faded, but I am very optimistic 194 40.93%
The Magic is in serious jeaopardy 99 20.89%
The Magic is lost, I'm not going back 7 1.48%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #76
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDan523 View Post
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

I chose car number 2 although I know the situation is more likely car number 3 and I'm in denial. Maintenance has been ignored far too long, customer service standards are slipping, and although I realize its more cost effective to have identical products at all of the gift shops I wish they had kept at least a few unique product lines in each gift shop. When I went over my honeymoon, the villian store at DHS didn't even really have villian merch in it! I'd be embarrassed to offer the overall product that WDW does.
I might switch to #3 after the FP+ announcements. But really I just want to ride around in Barons car for awhile. It would be an enlightening ride.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #77
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
I might switch to #3 after the FP+ announcements. But really I just want to ride around in Barons car for awhile. It would be an enlightening ride.
It would indeed be enlightening, not for me alone, but for the rest of the Car #3 passengers!! HOWEVER, I think it won't be long before you are driving. You seem to, what I used to call - GET IT!!!!

And your take on FP+ proves that point!! Once again, Disney is on the wrong track!!

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #78
YoHo
If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

I feel like the Harley is permanently stuck between cars 3 and 4 now.

The magic is pretty much gone. At least, as I define it. certainly nothing magical has been created (as I define it) though some very nice additions have happened in DL. Nothing magical.

But at the same time, the bleeding has stopped in some sense and I have no intention of no longer going. In particular to Disneyland.

Perhaps a new car in the carpool lane is needed. Car 3.5. The magic is never getting better, but there's enough to keep me going.

Critical thinking about Disney at
www.july171955.com

"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
YoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
This is great stuff from over 10 years ago. After visiting as a kid in 70s & 80s, I missed the entire decade of the 90's and have been visiting Disney regularly since 2004. This thread provides some insight from my missing time period.

I don't know EE was before Expedition Everest.

Just for the record in 2012, I choose car #2.
Wow! What an old thread!! l
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #80
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron View Post
It would indeed be enlightening, not for me alone, but for the rest of the Car #3 passengers!! HOWEVER, I think it won't be long before you are driving. You seem to, what I used to call - GET IT!!!!

And your take on FP+ proves that point!! Once again, Disney is on the wrong track!!
High praise indeed! I will take it.

As for the wrong track, the boards are lit up right now. What I find most interesting about the discussions is the lack of understanding the motive. Whether this FP+ turns out great or ends up terrible. Whether it benefits 70% of the people or benefits 30% is really irrelevant. It is very clear from all the articles that I have read that Disney is implementing this as a marketing scheme, not a value added customer service perk. This isn't about Disney charging their imagineers with creating the next great thing to give the parks a 21st century over the top twist. Just think if this was all designed to enhance the customer experience? Think of the press releases then!!! Instead we get this:

From the NYtimes:
"If Disney can drive more value from existing infrastructure by layering on technology, that is extremely powerful,” said Mr. Brown of Lo-Q. “They can’t just compete by building new rides; it’s already a theme-park arms race out there.”

From Mr. Staggs, Chairman of the Parks:
Mr. Staggs explained that research indicated that guests — particularly mothers with strollers — viewed the turnstiles as an unpleasant barrier. “Small, subtle things can make a big difference,”

Or how about this one from the Chairman:

Mr. Staggs said. From a business perspective, he added, MyMagic+ could be “transformational.”

These are not quotes about customer experience. These are comments about changing a business model. I don't have a problem with changing the model, but I find it irritating having it sold to me as true Disney magic! Actually this technology is not even new, other theme parks and the Great Wolf Lodge have been using this technology for years.

And I can't wait until those price tiers come out!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #81
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
And I can't wait until those price tiers come out!
You cut right to the chase!! Don't fall for any of their "magic, pixie dust" rhetoric!! This is the ONLY motivation for this project.

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #82
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
This is great stuff from over 10 years ago. After visiting as a kid in 70s & 80s, I missed the entire decade of the 90's and have been visiting Disney regularly since 2004. This thread provides some insight from my missing time period.

I don't know EE was before Expedition Everest.

Just for the record in 2012, I choose car #2.
I just realized it was that old when I started reading the comments

I just voted for Car 2 ... but back then I would have voted 1
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #83
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile Great thread!

~Okay, Walt's Frozen Head brought me here, lol! I'm in car 2.5, right in the middle. I still have a little hope, so we'll see.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: