Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #121
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfisher12 View Post
Skeetafic-i will be flying out of pit to! I was looking at jet blue or southwest but they dint have rates yet either. Or tentative plan is for nov 9-14 and the n a 3 day Disney cruise on the 14! I'm really hoping for some sort of discount . We are staying at French quarter.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
How funny! I'm thinking Southwest will probably be the cheapest but I'm still not sure we'll be able to swing it, particularly if FD isn't offerred. We used on of those trip calculator things and we can drive (including 1 night hotel each down and back) for less than $600 and maybe less than $500. I don't know if we'll be able to justify at least double that on flying.

It only took one trip (November 2013) to turn us into Disney addicts!!!! Can't wait to go back!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #122
arfisher12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeettafic
Quote:

Originally Posted by arfisher12

Skeetafic-i will be flying out of pit to! I was looking at jet blue or southwest but they dint have rates yet either. Or tentative plan is for nov 9-14 and the n a 3 day Disney cruise on the 14! I'm really hoping for some sort of discount . We are staying at French quarter.

How funny! I'm thinking Southwest will probably be the cheapest but I'm still not sure we'll be able to swing it, particularly if FD isn't offerred. We used on of those trip calculator things and we can drive (including 1 night hotel each down and back) for less than $600 and maybe less than $500. I don't know if we'll be able to justify at least double that on flying.
I understand completely. I'm hoping airfare is only 250 roundtrip. Ive thought about taking a train but i don't think i could handle 24 hours on a train the anticipation of Disney is to much to wait 24 hours.

arfisher12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #123
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I got an email this week with 2 PIN Codes. One for Free Dining, which is only through March and the other was % off only through Sept 29.

Last year I received a PIN in Jan, the day after we booked our Oct. trip. And then in Feb., I received a 2nd PIN, also for the same time frame. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get something for Nov.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #124
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I got an email this week with 2 PIN Codes. One for Free Dining, which is only through March and the other was % off only through Sept 29.

Last year I received a PIN in Jan, the day after we booked our Oct. trip. And then in Feb., I received a 2nd PIN, also for the same time frame. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get something for Nov.
I saw on another thread how many people were getting PINs. So jealous. lol

I'm with you....keeping my fingers crossed!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #125
TXMama09
Earning My Ears

We are in! November 20-27. Hoping for a little PIN or FD Pixie Dust

TXMama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #126
Gwen in Illinois
Earning My Ears

This may be a dumb question but how do you sign up to receive a "pin" for FD?
Gwen in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #127
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen in Illinois
This may be a dumb question but how do you sign up to receive a "pin" for FD?
Not a dumb question! It's really the luck of the draw, and there is no actual sign up. Try requesting the vacation DVD, putting in mock dates on the website a few times etc. all of those things will increase your chances of getting hope. Hope that helps!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #128
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

I have gotten a couple of PINs in the mail, but none for November yet. Will the PINs keep coming even after I book the vacation or do they know I booked and stop sending them?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #129
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Just booked a room only for Nov 7-12. Really hope a pin or discount comes out for those dates. Otherwise paying a lot for that room!!!! I can apply a discount or change to a package if a deal comes out before then, right?

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #130
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

last week i recieved an e-mail from disney destinations with a pin for November not sure what it is yet though have to call .
and to the person asking how you get one i think the reason i got mine was when i ordered the planning dvd it asked when i was thinking about visiting and i put november. The reason i think that is because the e-mail started with...

"Thanks for checking out our Vacation Planning info. Now it's our move.
We just wanted to make sure you and your family have everything you need to plan your next Walt Disney World® Resort visit! And since you're thinking about coming in November, the offer to the right would be a great way to get the most magic out of your stay."

My Photobucket (Disigns, Autograph Book pages & Covers) : http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1
Personalized Autograph Book Cover Request Thread: http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-All Star Music / Royal Pacific
disney is my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #131
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Any chance of discounts during Thanksgiving week or is that usually blacked out?
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #132
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Is veterans weekend usually blocked out as well then?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #133
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Just booked a room only for Nov 7-12. Really hope a pin or discount comes out for those dates. Otherwise paying a lot for that room!!!! I can apply a discount or change to a package if a deal comes out before then, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Is veterans weekend usually blocked out as well then?
Yes, you will be able to apply the room discount. If you switch to a package, I believe you need to book a whole new reservation and they l refund whatever deposit you had on the room only reservation.

As for Veteran's Day weekend, you have to remember that that is also the F&W Festival Marathon weekend and it coincides with "Jersey Week". Basically, it's a mass exodus from NJ to WDW because all public schools have off on Thursday and Friday (and most schedule Wednesday off as well). Additionally, most schools will have off Monday the 11th because of Veteran's Day. So, discounts are normally blacked out starting that week until the Tuesday after Veteran's Day (I got there in a round-about way, right? lol).

And Thanksgiving week is usually blacked out as well. Sorry

Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #134
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Yes, you will be able to apply the room discount. If you switch to a package, I believe you need to book a whole new reservation and they l refund whatever deposit you had on the room only reservation.

As for Veteran's Day weekend, you have to remember that that is also the F&W Festival Marathon weekend and it coincides with "Jersey Week". Basically, it's a mass exodus from NJ to WDW because all public schools have off on Thursday and Friday (and most schedule Wednesday off as well). Additionally, most schools will have off Monday the 11th because of Veteran's Day. So, discounts are normally blacked out starting that week until the Tuesday after Veteran's Day (I got there in a round-about way, right? lol).

And Thanksgiving week is usually blacked out as well. Sorry
Whew!! OK then. Thank you. Didn't know about the NJ week! Guess it's going to be busy then!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #135
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Not overly busy. We'e normally used to 5s and 6s and I think on Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be 7s and maybe an 8. I can live with that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: