Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Tracy and David
Earning My Ears

Change User Name

Is there a way to change my username.
I tried registering and it said my email was already in use. I requested a new password because I didn't remember ever using this site before and discovered I must have registered many years ago when I was married.
I have since divorced and am no longer part of Tracy and David and would like to change my user name so I can continue using this profile.

Any chance of this?

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 1, 2003 1:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Time until Peggy and Jeff`s bundle of joy arrives:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Welcome to the world!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Tracy and David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I don't believe there is. I think that you need to create a new user account.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

It is not possible to change your username. You can go ahead and change the email address on this account (make one up if you don't have an alternate account to use) and then reregister with your preferred email.

back!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
jodistrock
Avid "Disneyac" in my spare time

Well, Darn! I too would like to change my user name... but I guess I can live with it the way it is

DLR VGC 2013

jodistrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodistrock View Post
Well, Darn! I too would like to change my user name... but I guess I can live with it the way it is
Most people choose not to change their user name because they have a high post count and don't want to go back to 0. You only have 6 posts so there isn't really any reason not to just go ahead and start a new account.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
HoltDisney07
Mouseketeer

Wishing I wouldn't have put my actual name in my username. Is changing a user name a complicated process? I am surprised it can't be done by the user. Other forums I have been on allow a user to do this under their user settings. I understand not wanting to put extra work on the admins though.
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - POR
HoltDisney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

The admins told us that they do have reasons not to change the usernames. We recommend putting a fake email in the current name and just register with a new one.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: