Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #241
hmangus
Mouseketeer
 
hmangus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 98

In WDW right now! A little Chilly but still Magical!! This is just a teaser for May!
__________________


November 2002 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2006 Disney Wonder (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2012 Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas WDW
January 2012 Disney Dream (Nassua & Castaway Cay)
January 2013 Saratoga Springs Mini Vacation
May 2013 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay)
November 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (St. Thomas, San Juan & Castaway Cay)
hmangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #242
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

I must say several of you have paid in full, booked cabanas, and booked airfare...kind of jealous! We hopefully will be doing this in the next couple if weeks. As of Monday we will know for sure that the hubby has a job and be headed in a better direction.

I also just spent 30 minutes reading a sad FE thread. I wanted to ensure any of you that aren't on Facebook aren't missing out and we are trying to keep everyone posted on everything. We have two FE groups at this point, one close to 20 rooms, the other is an adult only thread that sound fun. I also have four outstanding request to join the page that I have tried to verify but can't so if you are one of those people I am not ignoring you I just don't want to open us up to unwelcome contact from people fishing or trying to sell stuff.

Is anyone in the group good with sign design? I was thinking it might be fun to have a Dis graphic for our cruise. Anyone with this skill?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #243
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney
 
peterpan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Lunas, NM
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
Is anyone in the group good with sign design? I was thinking it might be fun to have a Dis graphic for our cruise. Anyone with this skill?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
My daughter always makes a graphic for us to put on a t=shirt that we also use as a design on our FE stuff. I don't know if it qualifies as a logo, but I think it is pretty cool. She said I could share it but she can't get it to me until tomorrow, so if you want me to send it, I'll send it out tomorrow. Should I put it on Facebook, here, or both?

Mary
__________________



Cruises:
Past: Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Wonder (CTNowhere) 5/17/14; DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #244
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan47

My daughter always makes a graphic for us to put on a t=shirt that we also use as a design on our FE stuff. I don't know if it qualifies as a logo, but I think it is pretty cool. She said I could share it but she can't get it to me until tomorrow, so if you want me to send it, I'll send it out tomorrow. Should I put it on Facebook, here, or both?

Mary
Plz share unless you want to save it for the FE. post it here or on FB whatever you like.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #245
Satarma
Earning My Ears
 
Satarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Where Bugs Bunny keeps missing his left turn!
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
Plz share unless you want to save it for the FE. post it here or on FB whatever you like.
Good afternoon, Satarma here... I'm Mary's (PeterPan 47) daughter. She asked me to give you what I've been working on as a logo for our Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise.

The link below is to a smaller version (well, smaller-ish) of what I've been working on. Unfortunately, I'm having computer issues and can't get into my my computer with all my graphics programs at the moment. I don't remember what the physical dimensions of this are, but I can send a 300 dpi, 8.5 x 11 (basically print quality) version directly to anyone who wants one. I have a PhotoBucket account to which I will upload the larger version once I get it set up (maybe later on today or tomorrow morning), and I'll send another message letting you know the bigger, print quality version is up there.

http://s569.beta.photobucket.com/use...07095385580052
__________________



Disney Magic - Northern European Cruise (May 30, 2015)
Disney Wonder - Cruise to Nowhere (May 17, 2014)Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean (October 26, 2014)
Disney Wonder - Alaska (May 21, 2012)Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean (May 11, 2013)
Disney Dream - Inaugural Cruise (Jan 26, 2011)Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera (Oct 23, 2011)
Disney Wonder - Bahamian Cruise (Aug 21, 2008)RCI Monarch of the Seas - Bahamian Cruise (Sep 07, 2009)

Satarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #246
kjduncan
Earning My Ears
 
kjduncan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarma View Post
Good afternoon, Satarma here... I'm Mary's (PeterPan 47) daughter. She asked me to give you what I've been working on as a logo for our Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise.

The link below is to a smaller version (well, smaller-ish) of what I've been working on. Unfortunately, I'm having computer issues and can't get into my my computer with all my graphics programs at the moment. I don't remember what the physical dimensions of this are, but I can send a 300 dpi, 8.5 x 11 (basically print quality) version directly to anyone who wants one. I have a PhotoBucket account to which I will upload the larger version once I get it set up (maybe later on today or tomorrow morning), and I'll send another message letting you know the bigger, print quality version is up there.

http://s569.beta.photobucket.com/use...07095385580052
Satarma,
That is awesome!!! I'm so impressed! Are y'all thinking we would make these into magnets for our doors or something else?
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #247
braydenbabysmom
Earning My Ears
 
braydenbabysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 8

DCL Cruise Newbie




Cruising with DCL for the first time and soooooo excited! I will be sailing on the May 11th Western Caribbean on board the fantasy and would love any advice anyone can offer. I am a single mom, so anything that makes traveling with an active child (4 years old) easier is very much welcome!
braydenbabysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #248
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney
 
peterpan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Lunas, NM
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjduncan View Post
Satarma,
That is awesome!!! I'm so impressed! Are y'all thinking we would make these into magnets for our doors or something else?
Christy and I usually make a T-Shirt with her graphic on the back (she makes one for all the cruises we go on) and wear it when we board the ship. On our last cruise, we ran into several groups of people before we ever got to our stateroom who recognized the graphic on the shirt and identified themselves as part of the FE group. We also use it on our FE gifts and labels as appropriate. On all of the cruises on which we have participated in the FE someone has created a smaller Logo. Usually Christy incorporates the logo into the graphic, but no one had produced a logo yet this time, so she just built the graphic :-)

Mary
__________________



Cruises:
Past: Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Wonder (CTNowhere) 5/17/14; DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #249
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by braydenbabysmom View Post


Cruising with DCL for the first time and soooooo excited! I will be sailing on the May 11th Western Caribbean on board the fantasy and would love any advice anyone can offer. I am a single mom, so anything that makes traveling with an active child (4 years old) easier is very much welcome!
Welcome aboard!! You both will have a great time. My 4 year old loved it when she went at this age. She didn't spend a ton of time in the kids areas but she would spend 30 or hour in there and liked it. She was in school 5 days a week so that help with her socialization. Glad you found the thread, there is lost of great advice on here.
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #250
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

FE List

I have updated the FE list and I posted it over on the Facebook page, but since taking this over I am not positive everyone on the FE is also on Facebook. Don't want to leave anyone out. So please PM me or post if you need the list. My perferance would be to email it and not have it just posted on the board. I am that person that gets a bit freaked out with sharing my kids names and ages on the board.

We are sitting at 19 rooms and also have the Adult only FE going on. I believe our cut off before starting another list was 20 staterooms. At that point, we will start a new FE list. Just a few more months!!
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #251
braydenbabysmom
Earning My Ears
 
braydenbabysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
Welcome aboard!! You both will have a great time. My 4 year old loved it when she went at this age. She didn't spend a ton of time in the kids areas but she would spend 30 or hour in there and liked it. She was in school 5 days a week so that help with her socialization. Glad you found the thread, there is lost of great advice on here.
Thank you so much! I hope to get a lot from joining the board and the facebook group! My son also goes to school on a daily basis, so I am hoping that will help! I show him videos of different experiences posted to you tube an also other media and I know he is looking forward to this adventure! If there are any pointers that you or anyone else can give me from embarking upon the ship all the way to leaving it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! I am looking forward to everyone's opinions and insights!
braydenbabysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #252
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
 
taswira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spruce Creek Fly-In FL
Posts: 5,235

Has anyone else here booked (or planning to book) a Serenity Bay (adult) cabana? I am keeping mine so far, but am on the fence about it since my hubby has a port adventure that lasts a few hours so it's possible I might decide to stay on the ship. I have until 3 days prior to sailing to make up my mind.

As of today there is one cabana available at Serenity Bay and none on the family beach. Although shoreside Concierge claims they no longer hold back any cabanas, I believe they still hold #16 and #21, since those were not showing at midnight 120 days out and do not appear online as "Sold."
__________________
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #253
MadAbtMouseMama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2

FE List

Hey all! My husband, my parents and I are so excited to take this cruise for our daughter's 1st birthday! It will be my first Mother's Day as a mommy and my mom's first as a grandmother...so we are also thrilled we get to spend on the cruise!

Is the FE list still open for 2 more staterooms?

Also, I am only a silver, but am hoping with all hope that we can get a cabana. We will be there on my daughter's actual birthday and I had visions of bringing decorations for the cabana. Anyone ever have luck getting one at silver?

Can't wait! We are in a deep freeze out here on the east coast, so I'm definitely dreaming of the cruise!
MadAbtMouseMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #254
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran
 
Praise2Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Jacksonville, AL. USA
Posts: 3,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Has anyone else here booked (or planning to book) a Serenity Bay (adult) cabana? I am keeping mine so far, but am on the fence about it since my hubby has a port adventure that lasts a few hours so it's possible I might decide to stay on the ship. I have until 3 days prior to sailing to make up my mind.

As of today there is one cabana available at Serenity Bay and none on the family beach. Although shoreside Concierge claims they no longer hold back any cabanas, I believe they still hold #16 and #21, since those were not showing at midnight 120 days out and do not appear online as "Sold."
I'm hoping to book a cabana on Serenity Bay in a couple of weeks if still available. If not I'll keep checking for cancellations
__________________
~Lisa~




Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #255
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran
 
Praise2Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Jacksonville, AL. USA
Posts: 3,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtMouseMama View Post
Hey all! My husband, my parents and I are so excited to take this cruise for our daughter's 1st birthday! It will be my first Mother's Day as a mommy and my mom's first as a grandmother...so we are also thrilled we get to spend on the cruise!

Is the FE list still open for 2 more staterooms?
I'm in the FE group, but since it's just me & my DH I can switch to the adult only FE group so your family can participate (if it won't cause a problem for everyone else.)
__________________
~Lisa~




Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: