DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Sorry I meant 11 months. I would then be able to book BLT at the 11 month window and also use those 300 points at BLT? Sorry for the confusion!
That wouldn't cause people to buy more than one home resort. You can only book your home points at your home resort at 11 months. BLT points at BLT, BWV at BWV.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #17
crbruce_us
AKV and BLT are our vacation homes!

One thing to remember is that resorts have different expiration dates. So you aren't buying points to stay there forever. You are buying it to use for a limited period of time (depending on the resort).
OKW 2042 or 2057
VB 2042
HHI 2042
BWV 2042
VWL 2042
BCV 2042
SSR 2054
AKV 2057
BLT 2060
VGC 2060
AHV 2061
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #18
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
That wouldn't cause people to buy more than one home resort. You can only book your home points at your home resort at 11 months. BLT points at BLT, BWV at BWV.

Bill
Oh ok. I did not know that. So really if you are going to buy into a 2nd home resort, it should be somewhere that you really love to stay at and worth it for you. Now does the window rule apply also to booking a cruise, abd, etc. or is it just at WDW that the rule applies?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbruce_us View Post
One thing to remember is that resorts have different expiration dates. So you aren't buying points to stay there forever. You are buying it to use for a limited period of time (depending on the resort).
OKW 2042 or 2057
VB 2042
HHI 2042
BWV 2042
VWL 2042
BCV 2042
SSR 2054
AKV 2057
BLT 2060
VGC 2060
AHV 2061
What happens when the resort reaches its expiration? Then is it better to buy at a resort that has a "longer" expiration?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
disneynutz

Quote:
What happens when the resort reaches its expiration? Then is it better to buy at a resort that has a "longer" expiration?
I believe that you should buy where you love to stay.

At the end of contract life, Disney will take the contract back or they might offer an extension for a fee.

My guess is that most people won't keep their contracts until termination. Life changes, Disney changes, who knows what your interests will be in 10 years.

Bill

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are done when they expire...though Disney may offer extensions for a fee...nobody knows as we aren't there yet. I just assume mine will expire and we'll be done with DVC, but in 29 years I will be old anyway.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
You are done when they expire...though Disney may offer extensions for a fee...nobody knows as we aren't there yet. I just assume mine will expire and we'll be done with DVC, but in 29 years I will be old anyway.
Disney offered an extension for OKW but their implementation of the program was done so poorly, the idea wasn't well received.

My guess is if they can make enough money with extensions, they will offer them. Disney currently is acquiring OKW contracts so my guess is that they are going to do something there.

Who knows what the new executive for DVD/DVC will come up with.

Bill

Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

There are several stickies at the top of the DVC forums. You can start there and learn about Use Year (UY), rules about cancelling a DVC reservation and picking a home resort. Passporter also has a DVC guide you can download to your computer and read at your leisure.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlsherman View Post
Also look into the restrictions on the resale use. I believe they can only be used on Disney property and cannot be used with RCI
This is untrue. Resale points can be used for stays at DVC resorts (including off property locations such as HH and VB), RCI exchanges and Club Cordial/Club Intrawest.

The restrictions on resale points means that you can't use them for Adventures by Disney, The Concierge Collection, and The Disney Collection (Disney Cruise Line is included in this group and is, therefore, excluded).

That being said, these options are not guaranteed, have limited availability, are generally a very expensive way to use your points and require large amounts of points. It's basically like saying that if I buy a used car I can't attach a chainsaw to it and use it to mow my lawn. No biggie, I wasn't planning on doing that anyway.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You have a lot of great questions. My advice would be to skim the thread topics over the past few months to find ones pertaining to your questions as well as read the stickies on this board. You will learn a lot in a very organized fashion, and then you can start a thread to ask any question that you still have after doing your research. It might be easier and less confusing for you as you learn what you need to know about DVC.

Good luck.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #26
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
I believe that you should buy where you love to stay.

At the end of contract life, Disney will take the contract back or they might offer an extension for a fee.

My guess is that most people won't keep their contracts until termination. Life changes, Disney changes, who knows what your interests will be in 10 years.

Bill
Ok. Good to know. Thanks so much!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #27
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I was just curious. I've never had experience with timeshares before.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
There are several stickies at the top of the DVC forums. You can start there and learn about Use Year (UY), rules about cancelling a DVC reservation and picking a home resort. Passporter also has a DVC guide you can download to your computer and read at your leisure.
Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #29
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
This is untrue. Resale points can be used for stays at DVC resorts (including off property locations such as HH and VB), RCI exchanges and Club Cordial/Club Intrawest.

The restrictions on resale points means that you can't use them for Adventures by Disney, The Concierge Collection, and The Disney Collection (Disney Cruise Line is included in this group and is, therefore, excluded).

That being said, these options are not guaranteed, have limited availability, are generally a very expensive way to use your points and require large amounts of points. It's basically like saying that if I buy a used car I can't attach a chainsaw to it and use it to mow my lawn. No biggie, I wasn't planning on doing that anyway.
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #30
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
You have a lot of great questions. My advice would be to skim the thread topics over the past few months to find ones pertaining to your questions as well as read the stickies on this board. You will learn a lot in a very organized fashion, and then you can start a thread to ask any question that you still have after doing your research. It might be easier and less confusing for you as you learn what you need to know about DVC.

Good luck.
Thank you so much. I wasn't sure if my questions were stupid or not but I really don't know much besides what I've learned from renting points from a member.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: