Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
jltdone
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: windsor ontario canada
Posts: 145

180 days plus days?

ok so i read a few places where people have said that they booked 180 plus 3 days or so on......
i am wondering if i have this right
if jan 1st is 180 days prior and i am staying for 10 days i could book a res. jan 8th? today? hope this makes sense....
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,192
DISboards Moderator

It's 180 plus 10, and it means that if January 1 is the 180 day mark for the first day of your stay, on January 1 you could book reservations for your entire stay, up to 10 days. They don't add days to the 180.

And this perk is only available to Disney resort guests.

Once you are within 180 days of the day you want to dine, you can book anything you want.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
jltdone
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: windsor ontario canada
Posts: 145

so it could be possible that on the 180th day at 6am the restaurant that we want to eat at could already be booked all up?
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
so it could be possible that on the 180th day at 6am the restaurant that we want to eat at could already be booked all up?
Yes, and that is often why it is booked up.

An additional question to this thread...has anyone been able to use the 180+10 with the new website or have you had to call? I have read conflicting reports and my 180 day is coming up in a few weeks
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,192
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
so it could be possible that on the 180th day at 6am the restaurant that we want to eat at could already be booked all up?
It's not likely, but ostensibly it's possible. The popular marks right now are Be Our Guest and 'Ohana dinner. Be Our Guest has a huge capacity, so the most likely thing to be booked up may be 'Ohana dinner in the earlier hours.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 859

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Yes, and that is often why it is booked up.

An additional question to this thread...has anyone been able to use the 180+10 with the new website or have you had to call? I have read conflicting reports and my 180 day is coming up in a few weeks
I keep checking back and haven't been able to book the +10 (well, for me, +4 or so) part. I could book for arrival day but not for the later part of my 6 night ressie. All my days show up as highlighted on the calendar, but I can't get any times for the later days.
I called, and the CM said they couldn't do it either, but she confirmed I ought to be able to and said to just try later. That was a couple of hours ago. I tried online with no improvement other than I'm no longer seeing part of my screen changing to Spanish and Japanese, but I'm not sure I'm ready to be back on hold via phone if it won't do any good.
Can anyone report getting the +10 to work this afternoon? Of course our most important is BOG. Us and a few thousand of our closest friends.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD9)
----------------------------------------------
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
I keep checking back and haven't been able to book the +10 (well, for me, +4 or so) part. I could book for arrival day but not for the later part of my 6 night ressie. All my days show up as highlighted on the calendar, but I can't get any times for the later days.
I called, and the CM said they couldn't do it either, but she confirmed I ought to be able to and said to just try later. That was a couple of hours ago. I tried online with no improvement other than I'm no longer seeing part of my screen changing to Spanish and Japanese, but I'm not sure I'm ready to be back on hold via phone if it won't do any good.
Can anyone report getting the +10 to work this afternoon? Of course our most important is BOG. Us and a few thousand of our closest friends.
Ugh..sounds very frustrating! I'll cross my fingers you can get BOG!

So when you log in, you see the days highlighted only for your resort reservation, or are the next 10 days highlighted? I have a split stay booked for August...the first five nights we are at the BC and then moving over to Poly for the rest of our trip. Am I correct to assume I will not be able to start booking ADRs for our Poly stay until I hit 180 out from there? Or is that something they can override on the phone?
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 859

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Ugh..sounds very frustrating! I'll cross my fingers you can get BOG!

So when you log in, you see the days highlighted only for your resort reservation, or are the next 10 days highlighted? I have a split stay booked for August...the first five nights we are at the BC and then moving over to Poly for the rest of our trip. Am I correct to assume I will not be able to start booking ADRs for our Poly stay until I hit 180 out from there? Or is that something they can override on the phone?
Okay, I had a long reply here, and am changing to the short version. I'm sure my readers will appreciate it!

I got my dates to show up again by going into "my itinerary" then bringing up a day, and selecting to make dining reservations (in "add plans" pull down menu.)
So I can tell you definitively...
All the dates prior to my arrival are blue (available to select)
then my reservation dates (all 7 days) show as highlighted blue numbers (to select)
everything after the 7th day (checkout day) shows as black numbers no highlights. No selecting possible.

When I picked a blue day and tried to "find a table", I got "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later."

I wound up calling, and the wonderful CM was able to book me for all my requests (180+3, 180+4, etc.)
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD9)
----------------------------------------------
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 01-16-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Summarize
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Okay, I had a long reply here, and am changing to the short version. I'm sure my readers will appreciate it!

I got my dates to show up again by going into "my itinerary" then bringing up a day, and selecting to make dining reservations (in "add plans" pull down menu.)
So I can tell you definitively...
All the dates prior to my arrival are blue (available to select)
then my reservation dates (all 7 days) show as highlighted blue numbers (to select)
everything after the 7th day (checkout day) shows as black numbers no highlights. No selecting possible.

When I picked a blue day and tried to "find a table", I got "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later."

I wound up calling, and the wonderful CM was able to book me for all my requests (180+3, 180+4, etc.)
Thanks for letting me know!
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.