Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #166
ckoshka
Earning My Ears

I just convinced my husband to move up our vacation from Feb 2014 to October! I was wondering, do any special rates happen at that time of year? This will be our first time ever going (2 adults and 3 kids ages 2, 4 & 5). We are looking at Art of Animation studio. If we book now and some great discount opens, is there anyway to still benefit?
ckoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #167
Tinker101
Earning My Ears

We booked for October 15th-22nd. This is our first family trip and my parents are also coming with us. I booked a family suite at ASMu. My kids will be 2 and 4 when we go. Thrilled to be going!
Tinker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #168
ELLH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoshka
I just convinced my husband to move up our vacation from Feb 2014 to October! I was wondering, do any special rates happen at that time of year? This will be our first time ever going (2 adults and 3 kids ages 2, 4 & 5). We are looking at Art of Animation studio. If we book now and some great discount opens, is there anyway to still benefit?
Congrats!! You will have a wonderful time!! If a discount comes available after the time you book, just call and they will gladly adjust the price for the cheaper deal.
ELLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #169
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

to all the new folks!

We also have a Facebook group that is fairly active if anyone wants to join up!

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Eoywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #170
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin View Post
to all the new folks!

I enjoy the fb site!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #171
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

We haven't booked yet, but will be going Oct. 6-13 and probably staying at POFQ. Then we go to a timeshare the following week, meeting up with my Dad and WSM, and my brother and his wife. I am so excited! My Dad is paying for the second week, we added the first because I knew we wouldn't get enough Disney otherwise! We may all go a day or two, but I think mostly we will hang out at the resort and spend time together. This way, we can get our Disney fix in, and still use our tickets the following week if we all decide to go. We have previously gone in October of 2007 and 2011, and can't wait to go again! I look forward to spending the next 10 months with all of you!
Marce
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #172
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

After much debating back and forth over October vs. November, we are definitely heading back to WDW in October this year! DH and I were so tempted to take another November/Christmas/Festival of the Masters trip, but DS turns 3 at the end of October, and we just couldn't pass up one more trip of him being free. Right now we are planning on 8 nights at Bonnet Creek, with 5 Disney park days, one off day/MNSSHP night, and one day at Universal/IOA to finally see WWoHP! All we really know right now is that we will be there towards the end of the month, somewhere between the 16th and the 30th. We are kind of waiting for Southwest to open their flight schedule through then so that we can go for the cheaper fares, even if it means scheduling our trip mid-week through mid-week instead of weekend to weekend like we usually do! It will be our 3rd trip in October (DS's 2nd), and last year we spent his 2nd birthday in MK! I'm hoping our dates will work out to do the same again for his 3rd birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4alymom View Post
Decided to try offsite never done that before at WDW, but really excited to try Wyndham Bonnet Creek. After checking around, finding that we can stay in a 2BR for the same cost as a studio is too hard to pass up!!!!
I think you will be very pleased with your stay at WBC! The trip coming up will be our 4th time staying there, and it is really a great place to stay. We always have a car, and getting to and from the parks is a piece of cake. The resort is beautiful, and the rooms are really spacious and comfortable! In all those stays, we have NEVER made time for the pool, but I'm putting my foot down this year and we are GOING to spend some time in that pirate pool!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #173
Pangela
Mouseketeer

We will be there in October. We are staying at BCV from September 30th to October 8th. It will be my DH, myself, DD 3, our new little one who will be about 3 months then, and my mom.

It's a big trip for us this year. We will be celebrating our anniversary, DD's 4th birthday, and our little one's first trip.

October is our favorite time to go. With all our celebrations going on we also love the food and wine festival along with MNSSHP. This year DH will be running the ToT 10 miler.

We are so excited! Can't wait.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #174
fatdaddy68
Mouseketeer

After years of doing sept. we are going to try Oct. this year, not sure how I feel about this yet but after the last 2 years of free dining I needed a change. The crowds last year during free dining were very rude and undisney like. I'm sure it was the only way some could afford to go. We still get to do MNSSHP which we love so I guess Oct will be OK. I was on the facebook page for last sept. and we met a few people down there and had great experiences we are even planning a summer meet somewhere in the middle of the 3 of us. So hopefully the Oct group will be as much fun!!!
Still haven't booked a room yet but going somewhere in the 2nd week.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #175
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

Booked for Oct 27th - Nov 2nd at POR in a Royal Guest Room! It's my nieces first trip! She will be 2 (almost 3!) Looking forward to the trip and hoping for some kind of discount or PIN!!!

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
mickeyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #176
c4alymom
Mouseketeer

I think you will be very pleased with your stay at WBC! The trip coming up will be our 4th time staying there, and it is really a great place to stay. We always have a car, and getting to and from the parks is a piece of cake. The resort is beautiful, and the rooms are really spacious and comfortable! In all those stays, we have NEVER made time for the pool, but I'm putting my foot down this year and we are GOING to spend some time in that pirate pool! [/QUOTE]

That pool does look like a lot of fun! We are very excited the more I look into it. At first I was worried I would "lose" some of the magic, but I think that having that extra space and the ability to drive with the rental care will be amazing. Not to mention the money we are saving by doing this!
Sept 99- Disneymoon Carribean Beach Resort

ME DH DS(12) DD(11)
c4alymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #177
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin View Post
to all the new folks!

Hi My name is Sheila and I just applied to join the October FB Group. Have not booked yet but planning on Going October 20-27 and hopeing for a discount!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #178
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

We finally settled on our dates and will be at Bonnet Creek October 22nd-30th! I was feeling really sad going without a ticker for so long, so I'm happy to be able to add one now!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #179
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

I am so excited!!! We just booked for October 20-26 at the POR. There we be 4 of us, my niece 23, my DD 14 and the DH and I. It is my first trip since 1982, hubbies since the early 90s and my DD first time ever. I am so very excited.

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #180
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Just sent a request for the FB group. We will be back to the World this October. Our dates are either going to be Oct 18-27 (if we fly) or Oct 19-26 (if we drive), and we will be staying at POP. Haven't booked yet, but probably will soon. Hoping to snag free dining again this year, but we will go regardless. Hoping for warmer weather this year. Our Oct./Nov. trip way too cold last year! Need some warmth this time!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: