DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

I would strongly recommend that you rescind. In any real estate transaction -- and especially with anybody's timeshare -- if you have even the slightest doubt, rescind.

Take a deep breath, and then go to school. Look at the concept of timeshares generally and how one would really work for your family. Look at how DVC works -- the nuts and bolts of making reservations, canceling, banking, borrowing, Use Year, etc, etc, etc. And you might also look at other timeshare systems; DVC is not the only excellent timeshare.

If after all that, you decide that DVC is for you, explore the resale opportunities.

If and when you finally make a decision, you will have much greater comfort than you have now.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

I think you are making the right decision to rescind. The option to purchase (resale or direct) will always be there once you have had enough time to research and make an informed decision.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
klepton
Mouseketeer

I want to again thank everyone for their invaluable help and insight. The advice to take a step back and make sure it was right for us was well taken, which is what we've done. I sent in the rescission notice on Weds, and it should be processed today. Of course our DVC rep called and tried to convince me to go through with it, which I expected, but it's all done for now.

Our plan now is to take a 7-10 day trip to WDW (probably renting points) and spend a day looking at the different properties. If we really enjoy the stay at WDW, and find a property we really like, we'll look at buying that one resale, and possibly two different properties if we want to mix things up. We plan on buying enough points to easily split between two properties, especially with banking/borrowing ability. But first things first, we'll visit WDW and go from there.

Again, I thank everyone for their advice/suggestions. It's great having a board of knowledgeable people to bounce ideas off of and get honest feedback.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton View Post
I want to again thank everyone for their invaluable help and insight. The advice to take a step back and make sure it was right for us was well taken, which is what we've done. I sent in the rescission notice on Weds, and it should be processed today. Of course our DVC rep called and tried to convince me to go through with it, which I expected, but it's all done for now.

Our plan now is to take a 7-10 day trip to WDW (probably renting points) and spend a day looking at the different properties. If we really enjoy the stay at WDW, and find a property we really like, we'll look at buying that one resale, and possibly two different properties if we want to mix things up. We plan on buying enough points to easily split between two properties, especially with banking/borrowing ability. But first things first, we'll visit WDW and go from there.

Again, I thank everyone for their advice/suggestions. It's great having a board of knowledgeable people to bounce ideas off of and get honest feedback.
Thank you for taking the time to come back and update us, we appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton View Post

You have made a wise decision. If you are thinking about staying for 10 days may I suggest that you rent points and stay at as many as four resorts. Yes, moving is a pain, but you are about to make a big investment. And Disney will move your luggage for you while you are at the parks.

This is just my personal opinion, but I would suggest BWV, BCV, OKW, and perhaps one other. These are three of the older resorts and in my opinion offer the best value. Yes, they expire sooner, but they will still last until you are an oldster. At BCV you get the best location at a good price. At BWV you just get the best of all worlds. At OKW you are stuck with a spread-out condo resort but the rooms are huge and dirt cheap.

Just try them and see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: