Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Disneyland during Thanksgiving 2013

Hello learned Disney friends,

I am in need of some advice about a Disney trip i'm taking in November 2013...My husband and I are going to Tokyo Disney and then to Orlando to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, this part of the trip has already been booked (still waiting on booking certain flights which is what makes the next bit possible). However, we are coming from Australia and since it's a long way to go to get to the parks we thought we might want to add a few days at Disneyland to the end of our trip - especially since we may not get back there for a few years. The only problem is that because of the way we've booked the rest of our travel the only days we'd be able to visit would be Tues 26 Nov, Wed 27 Nov and the morning of Thanksgiving on the 28 Nov....I've read that crowds can be horrible and i'm wondering if it is worth it or not? I'd definitely make the most of fastpasses and the single rider lines (it would just be me and my husband and we are happy to use single rider) and I would really love to hit three disney parks in one trip but I am unsure as to whether it's worth it....

If anyone has any thoughts about this please let me know, and if you have any planning tips i'd appreciate. I'm subscribed to TouringPlans.com and plan to utilize a touring plan for both parks...Also if anyone has any experience of what the Thanksgiving day crowds feel like i'd appreciate that also.

Cheers
RachelleBeaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

We were in DL this past Thanksgiving, Tuesday through Saturday. It was crowded, but if you get to the parks early and use FPs you will have a good time. We found that the crowds were heaviest up to and about midday through Thanksgiving. But again, with a little planning and knowing what to expect going in, you should still have a great time.

Trip report from last Thanksgiving:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028672
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Thanks for that info - It has put me a little more at ease! We always go early and use lots or Fastpasses and are happy to use Single Rider if needed....I really want to hit three Disney parks in one trip I am looking forward to reading your trip report. Cheers
RachelleBeaney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: