Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
aferg
Earning My Ears

5 days for the price of 3 park hopper deal??

Last year I noticed I could get the 5 day park-hopper tickets for the price of the three day. I have not seen this deal yet this year (2013). We are coming March 16 and would really like to find a deal. Does any one know if this is a regular promotion and it will be the same a this year or am i out of luck??? ANY other deals out there will be welcome too! :-) This will be our FIRST time, kids are 3.5 and 5.5 years old and have been bouncing off the walls lately...

Thank you!!

A.
aferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the boards. Deals for Disney are very hard to come by these days since the opening of Cars Land and completion of the DCA refurb really amped up the popularity of the resort area. Sad to say there is no 5 for 3 this year. There is a promotion running right now for $30 off 3-day, 4-day, and 5-day hopper tickets with pre-purchase, BUT these are for off-season use. From Disney's website: "Ticket expires 13 days after the first day of use or on March 11, 2013, whichever occurs first. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use." I'm thinking it's unlikely there will be another ticket sale to follow immediately since we will be entering the busy spring break period at that time, so unless you can change your dates, you will not be able to take advantage of this deal. There are some travel agencies, employers, and credit unions that you may be able to purchase tickets from at a token discount, but we're probably only talking about a few bucks per ticket. Still, you might want to look at Get Away Today and Last Minute Travel. I haven't checked their ticket prices lately, but those two places get referenced on this board frequently for tickets, hotels, and packages.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
aferg
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the information!! :-)

Yes I saw the discount, but sadly I can not change the dates, my wife is a teacher so we are forever stuck with peek travel times... Her last day of work is on the 15th...

Should I just buy the tickets now? $270 for the kids (X2 kids) and $290 (X2 adults) total $1,120.00 in-case the rates go up? or do you think I should chance a discount after the 11th of March?

Thanks again.

A.
aferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferg View Post
Thank you for the information!! :-)

Yes I saw the discount, but sadly I can not change the dates, my wife is a teacher so we are forever stuck with peek travel times... Her last day of work is on the 15th...

Should I just buy the tickets now? $270 for the kids (X2 kids) and $290 (X2 adults) total $1,120.00 in-case the rates go up? or do you think I should chance a discount after the 11th of March?

Thanks again.

A.
I guess it depends on how vigilant you will be about watching for price increases. Disney usually puts out a warning a couple days before a ticket price increase, and places like the Disboards quickly spread the word. The price increase time frame has certainly been moving up each year, used to be August, then was June, then last year was May I think. No word yet on when the increase will come again and no particular reason to expect that it is or isn't coming for spring break, summer, whenever. Truly no definitive word that no ticket special will follow the current one either. So I guess I'm saying that your guess is as good as mine. Sorry I don't have more for you.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: