Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1021
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan

I think we've created a new verb.

So I'm looking at the Bee Cause sneaker charms and thinking how my little girls will be jealous if I get one and they don't. But that's like $45 for us all to get them. Maybe I'll just get one "powered by pixie dust" heart and we'll make a big deal of handing it off to the next person to race...the 5K, the 400m, and the 13.1 Like Dumbo's magic feather?
I think that's a super-cute idea!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1022
TiszBear
DIS Veteran

I'm walking in the Princess 1/2 as a team. My friend and I are so excited!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #1023
Jenn310
Mouseketeer

New to this thread, but also running the Princess 1/2..my first ever half! Anyone else get clobbered with getting sick? I was on a training roll,but have been out of commission with being sick before and now after Christmas,and now I'm a nervous wreck on how I'm going to do this run!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #1024
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn310 View Post
New to this thread, but also running the Princess 1/2..my first ever half! Anyone else get clobbered with getting sick? I was on a training roll,but have been out of commission with being sick before and now after Christmas,and now I'm a nervous wreck on how I'm going to do this run!
you can do it! I got sick too in December and missed 3-4 weeks of training, and I'm doing the Tink half next weekend! Keep plugging away. You may have to change your goals for the race depending on how much you've missed and how quickly you can get back on track, but that's OK! I'm resigned to the fact that Tink will most likely take me about 45 minutes longer than I had anticipated being able to run it in...but I decided that since the registration fee for it went up, I'm just getting my money's worth by enjoying the course for a little longer

Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #1025
Jenn310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
you can do it! I got sick too in December and missed 3-4 weeks of training, and I'm doing the Tink half next weekend! Keep plugging away. You may have to change your goals for the race depending on how much you've missed and how quickly you can get back on track, but that's OK! I'm resigned to the fact that Tink will most likely take me about 45 minutes longer than I had anticipated being able to run it in...but I decided that since the registration fee for it went up, I'm just getting my money's worth by enjoying the course for a little longer
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, sometimes that's what you need to keep going! :D
Yeah, I will definitely have to change my goals, I wanted to run the whole thing, but I don't think its possible, so a finish shall be a finish for me for this one! LOL
Heck, we all get that same medal in the end right!
Good luck to you on Tink!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #1026
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm running 13.1 because of my dining reservations!
I'm justifying dinner at V&A because I'll be running 13.1 miles and walking several more. I'm aiming for 50,000 steps on my bodybugg that day.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #1027
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

I'm justifying dinner at V&A because I'll be running 13.1 miles and walking several more. I'm aiming for 50,000 steps on my bodybugg that day.
Sooo excited for you! V+A is our fave ever!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1028
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

Sounds like a most proper reward!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #1029
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiszBear View Post
I'm walking in the Princess 1/2 as a team. My friend and I are so excited!
Yeah for you guys! Many of us will be walk/running so you will be right at home !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn310 View Post
Oh girl....soooo many of us have had colds etc, battled new and old injuries so don't feel alone! I found that my time off for my bad cold in December and now my exercise asthma hasn't really put me too far behind my training. My first goal for the PHM is to be at least two steps ahead of the balloon lady and then from there to be fast enough to enjoy some pics along the way! If all goes well...I would like to finish around 3 hours. right now it's looking good.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #1030
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Hi princesses!! Looked over my calendar today as realized we have have a handful of long runs left and the it's finally here!! It seems like ages ago that I signed up.

With jut a few weeks left to make progress I had a question for any run-walk interval ladies.

I started running with C-to-5K and proudly made it up to a very slow 30 minutes of steady running. After learning about Galloway's run-walk method I quickly switched and noticed big improvements on my overall time.

I've been playing with intervals and have realized that no matter how long/short I make my intervals, I perform best using a 1:1 minute run:walk method. It keeps me from being bored or slowing too much but isn't too much to tire me out.

So my question is: Is this totally impractical for race day?

I'm worried I'll be stop/starting too much and will get in people's way. Are there any other 1:1 people out there who are planning on this method come February?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1031
M likes the mouse
Mouseketeer

Dumbo double dare

For those of you princesses that might be interested in the DL half, someone on the Dumbo Double dare thread posted a link they received today from Disney Visa that allows them to register right now.
I don't own one and I just registered both of us for the dumbo double dare to get our C2C medal!
Dec 08 DL, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel, Feb 14 POR
Me: DH Simba Mitten Chloe
Run Disney addiction:
Feb 14 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #1032
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse View Post
For those of you princesses that might be interested in the DL half, someone on the Dumbo Double dare thread posted a link they received today from Disney Visa that allows them to register right now.
I don't own one and I just registered both of us for the dumbo double dare to get our C2C medal!
I got that offer email to. If I could only win the lottery!!!! I would be all over that. With C2C and Double Dumbo you will walk away with 4 medals!!! So so so so jealous.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #1033
semejorado
Earning My Ears

I have a question for all you knowledgable run disney veterans......

My husband had signed up for the race with me in September but he has gotten injured and will be unable to complete the half marathon with me ( I don't want him to get even more hurt).

I was wondering if we have to eat the race and race retreat costs or can I sell them to another hopeful runner?

I didn't know where to look and I thought that someone may know here.

Thanks!

( and I completed 9 miles in 1.45 this weekend!!!)
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #1034
M likes the mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I got that offer email to. If I could only win the lottery!!!! I would be all over that. With C2C and Double Dumbo you will walk away with 4 medals!!! So so so so jealous.
I'm so happy to be registered. DH ran the TOT 10 miler with me even though I'm barely 15mm. I am still under trained and I don't think I'll be much faster for princess half. But DH is turning 40 this summer and this is my gift to him. I plan to really push myself in the next year to be able to challenge him during those 2 races. And let's face it... getting those medals will be freaking awesome given the fact that I was always the short and fat girl who could not run to save her skin during gym classes. I'll be very proud of myself if I can achieve that.
Dec 08 DL, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel, Feb 14 POR
Me: DH Simba Mitten Chloe
Run Disney addiction:
Feb 14 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #1035
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I need to adjust my thinking! I do a 107 mile walking event each year and at the end always ask my DH to take me for a cheeseburger!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: