DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
deltadisney
Mouseketeer

Any Help/Advice is Much Appreciated on Re-Sale Purchase

I would sincerely appreciate any help, tips, or advice because, to say the least, this is a bit overwhelming and I have read so much about it. I am strongly considering purchasing a WL DVC membership with 50 points per year through DVC -Resale. We have two young children and really enjoy trying to go to disney once a year, typically for 3 nights/4 days (we live 10 hours away, so we have driven and we are hoping to be able to fly now with some of the savings).

As I understand it, the costs are the purchase price (which has to be approved by disney) and the yearlyt fees (which are typically $5-6 per point per year)? Are these all the fees? Also, with 50 points per year, there could be some years where we go during a value time to be able to stay 3 nights, and other years, we could skip a yearly trip and and bank points toward a trip the following year and be able to stay longer or in a nicer room (but you can only bank 2 years worth of points) - is this correct? Also, going all in on the direct side or even puchasing in excess of 50 points, is more than I am willing to invest at this point -would you look at buying in at just 50 points, given the above or just continue booking without DVC?. I know there are disadvantages and advantages, but for a family who will try to go to disney at least once every other year, I would appreciate any thoughts or advice - I know this is a very broad question, but any help is greatly appreciated.
deltadisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: