Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #1336
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Ok, I am crabby now.

I'm going to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm scheduled to stay at my favorite, the Polynesian. Now I hear that the volcano pool will be closed from Feb 18 - Mar 1. I'm bummed.

And I need to decide if I want to book somewhere else. No pool and no Hawaii building. Can't decide if it's a deal breaker. What would you do?
That would be a BIG deal breaker for us.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #1337
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Is the poly scheduled for a rehab?
Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #1338
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Standard Room with a Standard View
View of parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
Wheelchair-accessible rooms available
2 queen-size beds
One day bed
Small table
Chair
Ceiling fan
Bathroom
Complimentary WiFi
Cable TV, includes Disney programming
In-room safe
Voice mail
Hairdryer
Iron and ironing board
Alarm clock
Coffeemaker
Refrigerator
Microwave (on request)
Pack 'n Play Playard (on request)
Bed boards (on request)
Bed rails (on request)
All rooms are non-smoking
I figured out the difference, this is from the "Room Type & Pricing" chart from the website's info section on the Poly and what I quoted is from the room description in the reservation system. Either way, there is no "pool view" category. Still wonder what the CM's were talking about with jenniferma?

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #1339
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Thinking about booking a LV room for late May and have only stayed in Samoa. Does anyone have a recommendation on LV long houses or even a room number that had a great view??

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #1340
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hi,

Is the poly scheduled for a rehab?
Thanks!
They are rehabbing one longhouse at a time. The schedule is at the bottom of this link:
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...oom-renovation
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #1341
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I figured out the difference, this is from the "Room Type & Pricing" chart from the website's info section on the Poly and what I quoted is from the room description in the reservation system. Either way, there is no "pool view" category. Still wonder what the CM's were talking about with jenniferma?
I am jenniferma and I am still wondering too. We check in one week.. I am going to ask at check in wth the disney people were talking about? It's really odd to me that two of them told me the same thing.

It would not surprise me if WDW did add another tier.. just from a profit perspective. I mean-- $50 more a night-- I think they would have takers on those rooms in Samoa that overlook the Volcano pool. The standard view rooms have such a wide range of views. In other hotels like POR they have waterview (which I think is similar to lagoon) but aren't there garden views v. standard? I wouldn't be surprised if Poly did go this route too. Big difference between looking out at the parking lot/monorail and overlooking the Volcano pool. I hope not.. but I would not be shocked.

Will let you know what they say at Poly next week! sorry for all the confusion today.

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #1342
princessap
DIS Veteran

Convince me

I have poly booked and am due to check in two days after pool reopens. I am nervous it won't open in time and have the chance for BLT instead in one br. Convince me I should stay at the poly?
we have Ohana booked for dinner and was looking forward to watching wishes from the beach and pool.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1343
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
I am jenniferma and I am still wondering too. We check in one week.. I am going to ask at check in wth the disney people were talking about? It's really odd to me that two of them told me the same thing.

It would not surprise me if WDW did add another tier.. just from a profit perspective. I mean-- $50 more a night-- I think they would have takers on those rooms in Samoa that overlook the Volcano pool. The standard view rooms have such a wide range of views. In other hotels like POR they have waterview (which I think is similar to lagoon) but aren't there garden views v. standard? I wouldn't be surprised if Poly did go this route too. Big difference between looking out at the parking lot/monorail and overlooking the Volcano pool. I hope not.. but I would not be shocked.

Will let you know what they say at Poly next week! sorry for all the confusion today.
Don't apologize! I'm sorry a simple room request has added this frustration/confusion for you. I have never heard of this before! Hopefully it was just a matter of a couple of CM's who were confused and you will get your request with no extra charges!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #1344
denisekayt
Better known as Alice

When I originally booked my reservation I tried to request Figi/3rd floor/marina view. The CM told me that she couldn't add the marina view part because it was a garden view and I had booked standard. Rather than argue I just let it go and figured I would call back later to change it. I knew that at the Poly garden IS standard view.

Our trip is in 10 days, and I just called yesterday to change my request. This time I asked for Samoa/3rd floor/volcano side (originally I thought Samoa would be under rehab, but with the latest dates posted it should be open). The CM happily added this request and removed the original one I had for Figi. She didn't hesitate and certainly did not ask for more money for this view.

I wonder if they have some new CMs working the phones who don't really understand the Poly and it's many views. Perhaps they are getting confused between asking for something that's a pool view (no extra charge) and lagoon view (extra charge).

Either that or someone is trying to make some money on the side. It seems awfully fishy that "Disney Accounting" would call you directly, when extra charges for a pool view are listed nowhere on the official Disney website. Seems like a scam someone could easily pull with a little insider information given to them.

Denise
(but DH calls me Alice...as in "Alice in Wonderland". Silly boy, he says that like living in a fantasyland is a bad thing! )

1/05 WL : 12/06 WL : 04/07 AKL : 01/08 Poly : 01/09 GF : 01/11 BLT : 04/12 Dolphin : 1/13 Poly : 8/14 DCL Alaska : 04/15 VWL

Last edited by denisekayt; 01-08-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #1345
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks
Ok, I am crabby now.

I'm going to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm scheduled to stay at my favorite, the Polynesian. Now I hear that the volcano pool will be closed from Feb 18 - Mar 1. I'm bummed.

And I need to decide if I want to book somewhere else. No pool and no Hawaii building. Can't decide if it's a deal breaker. What would you do?
Link on the pool closure? I haven't heard this yet...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #1346
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisekayt View Post
When I originally booked my reservation I tried to request Figi/3rd floor/marina view. The CM told me that she couldn't add the marina view part because it was a garden view and I had booked standard. Rather than argue I just let it go and figured I would call back later to change it. I knew that at the Poly garden IS standard view.

Our trip is in 10 days, and I just called yesterday to change my request. This time I asked for Samoa/3rd floor/volcano side (originally I thought Samoa would be under rehab, but with the latest dates posted it should be open). The CM happily added this request and removed the original one I had for Figi. She didn't hesitate and certainly did not ask for more money for this view.

I wonder if they have some new CMs working the phones who don't really understand the Poly and it's many views. Perhaps they are getting confused between asking for something that's a pool view (no extra charge) and lagoon view (extra charge).

Either that or someone is trying to make some money on the side. It seems awfully fishy that "Disney Accounting" would call you directly, when extra charges for a pool view are listed nowhere on the official Disney website. Seems like a scam someone could easily pull with a little insider information given to them.
I think you are right!! It does sound like there might be new CMs working the phones. The standard view ( I believe they use to call it garden view) has always included pool views and marina views for no extra charge. The 3 times we have stayed at Poly we have stayed in Fiji Marina view and were never charged extra for it. Even when I booked the BB offer this past September I requested Fiji marina view.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #1347
gjl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
The main pool in zero degree entry like a beach she will definitely be able to stand for a while but there are parts that will be too deep for her to stand
Thanks! She is 48in tall already- almost the same height as my DD7! Any idea how deep in feet the Volcano Pool gets? I've googled it but cannot find a good answer!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #1348
gjl
Mouseketeer

Also, where in the room would you put the pack n' play or crib? I've seen layouts and there doesn't seem to be a good spot for one. Do you have to remove the chair by the sliding glass door? We are staying LV CL, so it would be the "smaller" of the two types of room sizes. Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #1349
Tinks
I had the hots for my accounting teacher and eventually married him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full View Post
Link on the pool closure? I haven't heard this yet...

Here you go. It is a link on a certain tiki Facebook page. T-man has also replied that he believes the dates to be correct.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf

Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #1350
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks

Here you go. It is a link on a certain tiki Facebook page. T-man has also replied that he believes the dates to be correct.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf
Thanks! I had seen that and must have blocked that part About the pool from my brain......now the decision, take a chance on it being back up on time or not. We come in on the 28th......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: