Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #676
airman
DisneyNerd

Hi everyone,
Is it Thursday yet? We land around 11 am and plan on spending time at DTD after the Expo anyone up for some vintage video games at Disney Quest? We have never been and we will be getting our new Premium AP that day, so I thought I would give it a try.
Liz: too bad about the shin pain, hopefully the sleeve will work for you.
I plan on wearing compression socks, it has made a big difference with my legs. (I'll be rocking the tubes socks again )
Brandon: Nice goals, I'm thinking around 5 hours for me to finish and I would like to catch the fireworks after the Chef Mickey's dinner, hoping the feet will cooperate.
Three more sleeps!!! WooHoo!!
See Ya Real Soon!
Joe

">
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #677
CALIFLADY
The Tag Fairy is jealous of you...Japan gets all the good electronics and video games first. Plus, DisneySea is so much cooler than any other Disney park. Can you be my tour guide when I visit?

To all the Ducks heading south this weekend for some racing, GOOD LUCK and make the rest of us in the duck pond proud!

Have fun and cherish the many "firsts" that will happening!

Will be tracking some of you on FB. Others may have to report in the old-fashioned way when you're through. In any case, everyone wants to hear how it went!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #678
Mickeyfan74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Hello Ducks! A few more days to go. Hope everyone is ready and healthy and feeling good! Went for a run at lunch, around 5 miles. As Joe said, I guess I am as ready as I will be.

I leave on Thursday morning, see you all soon!
Hello,

I'm about as ready as I can be also.

Did 7 miles in 90 minutes! Hope I can keep that pace for Saturday.
Did last 3 miles this morning and now I will rest and PACK!!!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #679
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Any other marathon weekend Ducks starting to feel butterflies in your stomach?! I am! They are mixture of excited and nervous. The heat we are going to face this weekend is not helping. And I have 2 billion things I still need to do before I leave Thursday morning. lol Part of my nerves is leaving my family behind, I always get a little anxious about that. I know I'll feel better once my plane takes off and I'm on my way. It's going to be a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
Hi everyone,
Is it Thursday yet? We land around 11 am and plan on spending time at DTD after the Expo anyone up for some vintage video games at Disney Quest? We have never been and we will be getting our new Premium AP that day, so I thought I would give it a try.
Liz: too bad about the shin pain, hopefully the sleeve will work for you.
I plan on wearing compression socks, it has made a big difference with my legs. (I'll be rocking the tubes socks again )
Brandon: Nice goals, I'm thinking around 5 hours for me to finish and I would like to catch the fireworks after the Chef Mickey's dinner, hoping the feet will cooperate.
Three more sleeps!!! WooHoo!!
See Ya Real Soon!
Joe
You land early! I would have flown earlier but I have to get my kids to school first. I'll be dropping them off and then going straight to the airport!

Have fun at DQ! We went there last summer for the first time. It is a cool place. The virtual POC game was SO fun! There was a long line so I waited in it while my dh and boys played games in the area. It was worth the wait.

Can't wait to see the socks! heehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFLADY View Post
To all the Ducks heading south this weekend for some racing, GOOD LUCK and make the rest of us in the duck pond proud!

Have fun and cherish the many "firsts" that will happening!

Will be tracking some of you on FB. Others may have to report in the old-fashioned way when you're through. In any case, everyone wants to hear how it went!
Thank you Renee! You must be excited for the Tinkerbell next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan74 View Post
Hello,

I'm about as ready as I can be also.

Did 7 miles in 90 minutes! Hope I can keep that pace for Saturday.
Did last 3 miles this morning and now I will rest and PACK!!!

WTG on your run! Sounds like you are going to do awesome this weekend!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #680
Maddykins06
Mouseketeer

I'm SO EXCITED...nervous too. But ready to go.
We land around 1 on Thursday.

Liz, for Chef Mickey's is the ressie is under your name?
I'm having a surprise cake delivered for our daughter's birthday if anyone wants to join us for dessert!

Safe travels everyone!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #681
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Good luck to you all! I'm so exicted for you guys. I know you all will rock it. Be sure to take and post lots of pictures!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #682
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Everything is breaking on me! My washing machine died yesterday. The new one comes this afternoon. Thankfully I have the best neighbors in the world and they are letting me use theirs. Also my trusty Garmin 205 is having issues! I must have jinxed it when I bragged about how great it has served me! Lol But another awesome neighbor has a 305 that she is lending me for the trip.

I was tossing and turning like crazy last night. Ohhhhh the nerves are definitely in full swing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddykins06 View Post
I'm SO EXCITED...nervous too. But ready to go.
We land around 1 on Thursday.

Liz, for Chef Mickey's is the ressie is under your name?
I'm having a surprise cake delivered for our daughter's birthday if anyone wants to join us for dessert!

Safe travels everyone!
I sent you a text...if you've changed cell numbers since we last texted then a stranger got a very strange text today. lol

It is under my first and last name and my cell number. I will join you for dessert! If you sing happy birthday I'll be in on that (I stink at singing tho!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Good luck to you all! I'm so exicted for you guys. I know you all will rock it. Be sure to take and post lots of pictures!
Thank you C! I'll be thinking of you when I get into the second half of the full and know that you did that last year!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #683
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Well, got my boarding pass, printed out the waiver, guess I am ready to go! I get in around 10 tomorrow. Staying at BW the first two nights and then moving to SS. See you at the Turf Club, and out in the street at 4am! And Chef Mickeys! Is anyone going to the meet at PoP?

That's funny Liz, I just had to replace my dryer.

Safe travels, everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #684
Maddykins06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Is anyone going to the meet at PoP?
I plan on going!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #685
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Thank you C! I'll be thinking of you when I get into the second half of the full and know that you did that last year!
I expect to see a similar post from you on FB. "Can somebody bring me a burger?"

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #686
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddykins06 View Post
I plan on going!
Planning on it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #687
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning Ducks!

My sister and I leave at 6pm tonight from Buffalo. We're staying at AKL. So excited! I pick her up at 1230 today and then we head to Buffalo. Not too long to wait!!!

We are planning on the Pop meet - but it depends on if we go to MK on Friday. I have a BoG reservation - luckily secured before a cc deposit as we aren't totally sure what we are doing after the expo.

We plan to get to expo right as it opens tomorrow. If you see me, say hi! I am a tall big woman with dark hair and a white streak at the front.

Squeeeeee!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #688
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

I am here!!! I'm relaxing in my room at OKW right now. It is such a beautiful day! The humidty isnt bad right now so it feels ok out there. I'm heading to the expo in a bit.

On my Magical Express ride here we drove right where the start line and corrals will be. There was lots of stuff there and people working on things.

Oh and we saw a huge alligator on the way here. So cool to see one that big living free!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #689
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Remember Liz, gators like Ducks. Be careful waddling around...

See you soon for the 5K!!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #690
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

I finished my first Disney 5k and it was a blast! I didn't run a step and met all the characters. There were five stops: Chip and Dale, Norway Daisy, America Goofy, France Pluto and Canada Donald. No idea what my time was, well over an hour!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: