Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #1321
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
That seems really odd. We're arriving on January 26 and requested Samoa, balcony, Volcano pool side. It's had no impact on our rate at all. So I checked the Disney website for our dates to see if they added any categories, and the website still lists the categories as "standard, lagoon and TPV." The description of "standard" at the Poly for our dates on the Disney website is "views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area."
do you think she could be wrong??

she was very adamant that this had changed as of the first of 2013. I would love to call and find out-- but I don't want to be on hold again for 50 minutes! I am going to post on tikiman's page and see if he knows... will let you know what I find out.

the more I think about it.. the more I am wondering if she was incorrect? This would make every room in Samoa (facing the pool on both sides) more money as well as half of Tokelau too? so confused.

DH42, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD6

Last edited by jenniferma; 01-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1322
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
do you think she could be wrong??

she was very adamant that this had changed as of the first of 2013. I would love to call and find out-- but I don't want to be on hold again for 50 minutes! I am going to post on tikiman's page and see if he knows... will let you know what I find out.

the more I think about it.. the more I am wondering if she was incorrect? This would make every room in Samoa (facing the pool on both sides) more money as well as half of Tokelau too? so confused.
That doesn't make sense at all. So they would be charging more just for balconies with pool views?! That would be a first that I think they would have to let everyone know in advance. We have no additional charges for requesting the same.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1323
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I would call. That does not seem right at all. When did you book your trip? 2012? You should be locked at that price then? Anyway this was a scam? Please call again and make sure. This seems very off to me. Let us know what you find out.

Trips: Many before DS, 2013- DS 1st trip Poly CL, 2014-BLT LV
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #1324
brea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey everyone-- I hadn't read about this yet, but wondered if any of you had?

We leave for our Poly stay in one week. Last night I called and spoke to a CM about a room request. We requested tokelau, pool view, balcony.

Well-- she sent an email to me and I noticed the only part of the request that was listed was "Balcony". Today I got a call from Disney Accounting. It turns out we owed an additional $219 for our 6 night stay. At first I thought perhaps I had been upgraded to a theme park or lagoon room. Turns out, according to the really nice CM in Disney Accounting all Poly pool rooms are in a different price category as of 2013.

Does anyone else know about this? I was so surprised-- I had no idea. Just wanted to give you all a head's up. I was hoping she was incorrect, but she seemed to really know what she was talking about!
have a great day!
jen
Unless I'm mistaken the quote given has a disclaimer to the effect of "rates are quotes and are subject to change up until the vacation is paid for"

I looked into that and came across that wording somewhere on the reservation site as I wasn't sure if my quote for the end of January would change either. Considering when you're going I'm guessing that you've paid your balance so I would look into that some.

I don't think there was a change on the room rates and if Disney messed up and quoted your for 2012 rates and you have since paid it off they should have to honor that rate.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #1325
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brea View Post
Unless I'm mistaken the quote given has a disclaimer to the effect of "rates are quotes and are subject to change up until the vacation is paid for"

I looked into that and came across that wording somewhere on the reservation site as I wasn't sure if my quote for the end of January would change either. Considering when you're going I'm guessing that you've paid your balance so I would look into that some.

I don't think there was a change on the room rates and if Disney messed up and quoted your for 2012 rates and you have since paid it off they should have to honor that rate.
Technically I guess the CM thought I was changing my room from garden view to what is now "garden pool view"? I booked last year in 2012, but called yesterday (1/7/13). I posted on tikiman to see if he knew... might try to call, but I don't have the time today to be on hold for an hour...

Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #1326
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma

Technically I guess the CM thought I was changing my room from garden view to what is now "garden pool view"? I booked last year in 2012, but called yesterday (1/7/13). I posted on tikiman to see if he knew... might try to call, but I don't have the time today to be on hold for an hour...
No, I would definitely question the higher price tag, get a manager or supervisor if you have to!!! When you look at their website "pool view" is part of the standard room catagory so there should be no extra charge.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DISBoards
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000,stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time,ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013.Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. Western Caribbean Cruise planned for 2014.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #1327
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl
Does anyone know how deep the pools are at the Poly? My DD5 likes to know if she can stand up or not when she goes in the pool. Thanks!
The main pool in zero degree entry like a beach she will definitely be able to stand for a while but there are parts that will be too deep for her to stand
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1328
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
No, I would definitely question the higher price tag, get a manager or supervisor if you have to!!! When you look at their website "pool view" is part of the standard room catagory so there should be no extra charge.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using DISBoards

calling-- on hold now-- will let you all know what they tell me

ok, I am SO confused. At first she told me that the standard pool room views were going to be $50 a night. Then she went and researched the categories and said, no-- they still have standard (with possibility of pool view)/lagoon/theme/garden CL levels.

So-- from what I could gather, she said there were some changes to room categories -- specifically she mentioned there is no standard/garden view room category-- but the pool room views were the same price as the regular standard rooms.
I didn't know that there were even standard/garden view rooms at Poly, so this whole conversation left me more confused than before. It was also fascinating to hear the exact notes left on my reservation from my previous calls-- !!!

I am not sure for sure who is correct, but this CM told me the standard pool room views will remain the same price. (as what the website says)

Last edited by jenniferma; 01-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #1329
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma

calling-- on hold now-- will let you all know what they tell me
Someone else mentioned a disclaimer that says something to the effect of "prices are subject to change until vacation is paid in full", I do believe I have also read that before. That shouldn't apply to you since you already had it paid in full.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000,stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time,ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013.Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. Western Caribbean Cruise planned for 2014.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #1330
brea
Mouseketeer

Gotta say I'm interested in this as I paid for Garden view and my two requests are Somoa-volcano-balcony and tokeleau-pool

so this would effectively add money to my reservation as well.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #1331
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Hey everyone-- I hadn't read about this yet, but wondered if any of you had?

We leave for our Poly stay in one week. Last night I called and spoke to a CM about a room request. We requested tokelau, pool view, balcony.

Well-- she sent an email to me and I noticed the only part of the request that was listed was "Balcony". Today I got a call from Disney Accounting. It turns out we owed an additional $219 for our 6 night stay. At first I thought perhaps I had been upgraded to a theme park or lagoon room. Turns out, according to the really nice CM in Disney Accounting all Poly pool rooms are in a different price category as of 2013.

Does anyone else know about this? I was so surprised-- I had no idea. Just wanted to give you all a head's up. I was hoping she was incorrect, but she seemed to really know what she was talking about!
have a great day!
jen
This is really odd/confusing. No where in the room category descriptions in the online reservation system is there a "pool view" or "garden pool view" listed. Other than CL it is Standard View, LV or TPV. That being said, when I threw in some random dates for May the description of standard view said "views of the parking lot or gardens" there was no mention of the pools. But there was no category that mentioned the pools. Maybe they are in the process of recategorizing the rooms? Although if that's the case they shouldn't just randomly jack the price until that is spelled out, ie. if there is no pool view listed how can they charge for that rate?

What was their specific reason for the price increase? It also seems odd that if the CM that added the request to your reservation - and apparently changed the category of your reservation? - didn't inform you of the change in cost.

Curious to hear how this turns out.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1332
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya

This is really odd/confusing. No where in the room category descriptions in the online reservation system is there a "pool view" or "garden pool view" listed. Other than CL it is Standard View, LV or TPV. That being said, when I threw in some random dates for May the description of standard view said "views of the parking lot or gardens" there was no mention of the pools. But there was no category that mentioned the pools. Maybe they are in the process of recategorizing the rooms? Although if that's the case they shouldn't just randomly jack the price until that is spelled out, ie. if there is no pool view listed how can they charge for that rate?

What was their specific reason for the price increase? It also seems odd that if the CM that added the request to your reservation - and apparently changed the category of your reservation? - didn't inform you of the change in cost.

Curious to hear how this turns out.
When I pull up the Disney website under Standard View it says "views of garden, pool, marina, monorail, or parking area." I'm also curious to hear how this turns out!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #1333
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
When I pull up the Disney website under Standard View it says "views of garden, pool, marina, monorail, or parking area." I'm also curious to hear how this turns out!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Weird. I just checked again and when I search for dates/rates in the reservation system the description is "Standard View Rooms are located in all buildings and offer views of the parking area and gardens." Then the system went down and said they are experiencing technical difficulties and can't process my reservation or retrieve my reservation ... maybe I broke it!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #1334
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Standard Room with a Standard View
View of parking area, garden, pool, marina or monorail at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
Wheelchair-accessible rooms available
2 queen-size beds
One day bed
Small table
Chair
Ceiling fan
Bathroom
Complimentary WiFi
Cable TV, includes Disney programming
In-room safe
Voice mail
Hairdryer
Iron and ironing board
Alarm clock
Coffeemaker
Refrigerator
Microwave (on request)
Pack 'n Play Playard (on request)
Bed boards (on request)
Bed rails (on request)
All rooms are non-smoking
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #1335
Tinks
I had the hots for my accounting teacher and eventually married him!

Ok, I am crabby now.

I'm going to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm scheduled to stay at my favorite, the Polynesian. Now I hear that the volcano pool will be closed from Feb 18 - Mar 1. I'm bummed.

And I need to decide if I want to book somewhere else. No pool and no Hawaii building. Can't decide if it's a deal breaker. What would you do?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: