Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #931
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
revisiting the D&B Princess bag convo again...I was just reading today's Disney Parks blog and there was mention of the new D&B design being released this weekend for the WDW Marathon (I would SO buy it too, I love the colors and the pattern!). At the end it mentioned this:

"Additional quantities of bags will be released at the Expo for those who missed the pre-order."

I know I've read a few times that there were rumors that there wouldn't be any at the expo, so I'm hoping this means there may be some Princess ones at our expo too in case anyone, like me, wants to mull it over in person! Although, I'm sure whatever "additional quantities" are there will go fast. I may not even make it in time to get the chance to decide though. I likely won't get to the expo until 12 or 1 on that Friday. I'm kind of hoping the one being released at the marathon ends up in the stores eventually, maybe without the commemorative tag with the marathon logo. I really really like it!
Do you have a picture of the one for the marathon.
I am still hoping that they will change the bag for the princess so its not the same as last year
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #932
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Never mind I found it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #933
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Do you have a picture of the one for the marathon.
I am still hoping that they will change the bag for the princess so its not the same as last year
Click here...bags are toward the bottom of the article.

From what they've posted for Princess pre-orders, the bag looks the same as last year. Kind of a bummer...it's the same as last year for Tink too.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #934
wildernesswookies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Our old thread got locked for being to long, so here's a new one.

Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.

February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
It's SOLD OUT!!!!!
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...half-marathon/
Expo is at Coronado Springs this year.

FB group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! If I miss your post, feel free to PM me. I've got finals coming up, so I'll be randomly MIA off and on for a few weeks.

2shortpeopleruleme
Acourtwdw
aggielawyer
aly0430
AmberHeartsDisney
amingione
amykay9377
andrea9873
annabanana
annmarieda
AnotherPrincess
Barefoot Princess
becky11
bellanotte10
BelleDreamer
Bookwood
brock201
bskelly07
Cantwaitvaca09
celestial63
Christie Lee
Christinascreative
cimrk0101
ColleenG
connersarah1
cookinfletch
CourtneykidOT
Craftydawn
creativeamanda
Cripey
CRUIZIN MAMMA
daisy112878
danielleyoung0
debbieandroo
DeerIsleDisney
dis-happy
DisneyDanielle85
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
DIS-OH
dsnyfan21
dumbo_buddy
EEsloveDis
ellajeansmom
Fabulousmommy
fashionista311
FigmentMom
FlowerInAdversity
Fluffy_Princess
french lady
fsubigdogs
Gina15
Gryhndmom
gudrench3
happybaker
HappyMom2
HealthyAmber
Heatherann1015
helloirishkitty
HockeyKat
HomeSchoolMama
icicle
IMGONNABE40!
Jbennett5466
JCH
JenNel85
joan4mickey
jockey
jodipaige2004
joliren
kindakrazy2
lizdotcom99
longhorns2
LoveMyMoos
LuLuO
Lynn5700
magickingdom
mahipp
MaMa3Princes
mamacate
MamaSmurf227
mana'olana
mindystar
MinnieDiva
MizBrix
miztigg
momhmmx2
mommyof2princesses
Mommy to two Princes
mnosky
MoonFaerie
moparop
mroa1031
MRS AR
MsMulan
musclemouse
My4men
Ncsjodi
NC State
niclodn
Nishmom
olliffm1
pinky4disney
princessallegra
princessmeghan
princessnpirate
Princess on the Run
PrincessV
Rani8600
rapunzelruns
rizzobob
rosermama
samc
Sau418
saysay
semejorado
sherekhan
sissy_ib
Skx1122
Sojas3
ssdeverell
stasijane
Stitch Pelekai
sunnygal041
SuperHappyFunTimes
svwkirby
Swmr359
TaffieDoll
TeacupDemon
TeresaZ
Tfaze
thbath77
thebr0kenwriter
The_princess
Tiger Lily 03
TiggerAllie
TiggerFan3590
tinkeramy
tinkerbellfriend
tinkerbye
TinkLovinMama
TinyDancer
tmanaster
Tracer00
Uccats97
VickiHD
wdwpluto
WeRunDisney
WsPrincess
Zuzu

Hi-
I would love to be added to the group. Can you please add me?
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #935
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
revisiting the D&B Princess bag convo again...I was just reading today's Disney Parks blog and there was mention of the new D&B design being released this weekend for the WDW Marathon (I would SO buy it too, I love the colors and the pattern!). At the end it mentioned this:

"Additional quantities of bags will be released at the Expo for those who missed the pre-order."

I know I've read a few times that there were rumors that there wouldn't be any at the expo, so I'm hoping this means there may be some Princess ones at our expo too in case anyone, like me, wants to mull it over in person! Although, I'm sure whatever "additional quantities" are there will go fast. I may not even make it in time to get the chance to decide though. I likely won't get to the expo until 12 or 1 on that Friday. I'm kind of hoping the one being released at the marathon ends up in the stores eventually, maybe without the commemorative tag with the marathon logo. I really really like it!

I LOVE the bag for the marathon. But I would not buy one with the special marathon tag. I also hope they end up in the stores.
Last year's tink D & B ended up in the Vault 28 store in DTD last May. Of course without the 1/2 marathon tags on them. They were "flying" off the shelves.
So I am keeping my fingers crossed about the marathon bag in the stores.
I really really want one.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #936
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I LOVE the bag for the marathon. But I would not buy one with the special marathon tag. I also hope they end up in the stores.
Last year's tink D & B ended up in the Vault 28 store in DTD last May. Of course without the 1/2 marathon tags on them. They were "flying" off the shelves.
So I am keeping my fingers crossed about the marathon bag in the stores.
I really really want one.
hmmmm, we're planning on being down there again for F&W Fest this year...maybe some will turn up! I'll definitely be on the hunt.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #937
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Injury question for you:
Has anyone had Morton's Neuroma? Let me back up for a moment and say that may not be what I have, but I am getting different diagnoses from different professionals. No one seems to know anything for sure except that is not a fracture (had an x-ray and bone scan).

Podiatrist thinks it is biomechanical issues resulting in scar tissue, ortho dr assumed it was a tear of plantar plate, PT thinks it is a neuroma. Besides rest (well, no running - still walking around gingerly to live my life), ice and Aleve, I have had 2 rounds of shockwave therapy and now 1 round of ultrasound. The shockwave seemed to further aggravate things and my foot is quite swollen. It is going down but very slowly. The actual "problem" is a sharp pain in the ball of my foot when running.

Any thoughts or advice? Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? It is beyond frustrating not knowing exactly what the problem is when we are 7 weeks out and I have now lost over 3 weeks of running (I am cross-training but it's just not the same).

The PT said the next step would be cortisone if the ultrasound doesn't alleviate the swelling.

I am just desperate for answers or advice so if you have any thoughts, please share! I have worked so hard and trained for almost a year now. I was up to the 13.1 and feeling fine so this is so disappointing. At least with a fracture I would know what to do and what the healing time would be.

Help!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #938
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Yes... And when I looked at the ingredients lists for both the regular and ladies versions of body glide, the only difference is that the ladies version has dye in it to make it pink!

Gold Bond has this product as well, and it is cheaper than the BG.
Where have you seen the Gold Bond product? I'm almost out of BG and was going to get more, but cheaper is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Ok so I have some news I need to share with you princesses. I am almost 6 weeks preg! Crazy! I was feeling great and getting my runs in up until two days ago I've been waking up heaving and puking! Oh boy! I am just taking it really easy and going to get my runs in the late afternoon instead. Please send any sticky baby vibes our way! We have had an early loss before so we are a bit nervous but really really happy.

I also wanted to share this very special video my hubs made of our Disney Christmas Village! It is his project and it's really truly amazing. Anything with lights you see he custom did. He custom lit the Contemporary, GF, Poly, and even did the color changing LED's on the castle! Sorry for the pulsing lights in the video, that's just how the LED's translate onto HD. I don't know how to fix that. I know this will get you all even more psyched to be running!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWC6hLB0W0
Congrats! Thank you for sharing the video!! Where did all of the buildings come from? I have never seen them before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I just saw that, too!!!

I put on my costume this morning and was going to brave a mile in the cold just to see but DH stopped me and told me about Saturday's "heat wave." Woo!!!!

But since I had it on, I had him take a picture. Here's what I am wearing. I still need to get a green running belt and head band (mine are pink) but otherwise here it is:

I have a wand but I think I will skip it since I plan on having my phone, KTTW, iPod Shuffle and cash in my belt pouch and my camera in hand. I don't need another thing to carry for 13.1 miles.
Be sure to double check your straps before the run. I'm a dance mom (not a crazy one, LOL) and from experience the straps are not always sewn in tight. I would maybe carry two safety pins with me just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Okay, made a super ginormously long blog post just for new princesses. It's everything I wanted to know about the Princess before my first time. If I've forgotten anything else, repeat princesses chime in!

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...-princess.html
Thank you for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Thanks. Never heard of a spi belt. I will check into that. I have a belt but it moves all over during my entire run so I find it annoying. If anyone has a type of belt that they love please let me know. I will check it out. By the way when you find out how to respond to multiple people let me know that too! Thanks!
I carried my Olympus 850sw in my spibelt for the 5k last year and never took it out. It did not bounce. The first time I used it as a test run on the treadmill, I had it on the wrong spot and it was making me feel like I needed to pee. Once I peed and moved it, I didn't have any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Injury question for you:
Has anyone had Morton's Neuroma? Let me back up for a moment and say that may not be what I have, but I am getting different diagnoses from different professionals. No one seems to know anything for sure except that is not a fracture (had an x-ray and bone scan).

Podiatrist thinks it is biomechanical issues resulting in scar tissue, ortho dr assumed it was a tear of plantar plate, PT thinks it is a neuroma. Besides rest (well, no running - still walking around gingerly to live my life), ice and Aleve, I have had 2 rounds of shockwave therapy and now 1 round of ultrasound. The shockwave seemed to further aggravate things and my foot is quite swollen. It is going down but very slowly. The actual "problem" is a sharp pain in the ball of my foot when running.

Any thoughts or advice? Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? It is beyond frustrating not knowing exactly what the problem is when we are 7 weeks out and I have now lost over 3 weeks of running (I am cross-training but it's just not the same).

The PT said the next step would be cortisone if the ultrasound doesn't alleviate the swelling.

I am just desperate for answers or advice so if you have any thoughts, please share! I have worked so hard and trained for almost a year now. I was up to the 13.1 and feeling fine so this is so disappointing. At least with a fracture I would know what to do and what the healing time would be.

Help!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
I can't tell you too much, but my mom had it and had surgery to remove it. I did find this, which is what she sent me to read up on it. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mor...euroma/DS00468

I would say, before you get cortisone shots, be sure to read up on why they use them and what results you can expect. I had several in my heel for PF which did a little to nothing. The Dr lead me to believe they would "fix" it, when in reality it was a bandaid. I was pain free for a day or so and found out later there were possible side effects he never mentioned.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #939
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8

I would say, before you get cortisone shots, be sure to read up on why they use them and what results you can expect. I had several in my heel for PF which did a little to nothing. The Dr lead me to believe they would "fix" it, when in reality it was a bandaid. I was pain free for a day or so and found out later there were possible side effects he never mentioned.
I was gonna mention this too...the podiatrist I see for PF mentioned shots as a last resort and said I would have to stop running if I got one because a side effect was that it would make it more prone to tearing and then I would have a bigger problem on my hands! (Or feet, I guess ). Right now I'm just stretching and taking naproxen and its helping, slowly but surely. This reminds me that I forgot to reschedule my Thursday appointment with him this week...must remember to do that first thing!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #940
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Where have you seen the Gold Bond product? I'm almost out of BG and was going to get more, but cheaper is better. .
A fellow walker on the breast cancer 3-day had it-that is how I learned about it. I have seen it at Walmart and it also is available on line through Amazon.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #941
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

5K costume finished!

I'm so excited! I finished my 5K Pocahontas costume last night and will test run it today. 36 and sunny in Chicago with a high of 44.

Pics later
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #942
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Before the holidays and through them life got a little crazy and I missed more training runs than I should have. With the start of the new year I decided to get myself back on track. I went for a run on the 1st that was supposed to be 6 miles and barely finished three before I threw in the towel. I have been feeling majorly discourage since and if I’m honest downright terrified of the race.

This morning I am happy to report that I am in a much better place. I’m so glad that I was able to read everyone’s posts about not letting one bad run get you down. Last night during my short run I was able to run for a whole mile and a quarter before taking a very short walk break (granted it was on a treadmill), normal I run one minute walk one minute. Not going to lie, im feeling a little proud of myself. Thanks for all the support everyone! I hope your training is going well and everyone is getting excited, I know I am!

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #943
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

When is everyone arriving?

I fly in Thursday home Monday
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #944
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I'm so excited! I finished my 5K Pocahontas costume last night and will test run it today. 36 and sunny in Chicago with a high of 44.

Pics later
Anxiously waiting to see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
When is everyone arriving?

I fly in Thursday home Monday
We fly in Friday 2/22 early (arrive at 9:30 am I think) and are staying until the following Saturday, 3/2.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #945
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Anxiously waiting to see!!!

We fly in Friday 2/22 early (arrive at 9:30 am I think) and are staying until the following Saturday, 3/2.
Yay you are staying a whole week! I wish..

Last year I had the 6 AM flight out of Midway on the Friday and that Thursday we got snow, so SW canceled my flights. All flight the rest of the weekend were full. I had to fly to Texas then to Orlando. I got to Orlando about 5:30 PM on Friday. I said NEVER AGAIN. That is why I am flying Thursday if we get snow I have at least an extra day to get there.

I did hear that some princess's from Chicago had to drive to Orlando because they could not get a flight.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: