DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
minnime
Earning My Ears

We currently have two UY, Feb and Oct. Since we normally take a trips in March/April and Oct/Nov the two use years are not a problem. We have enough points in both UY to take one trip each with a little left over for a third trip every 3 years or so.
minnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

We have two UY at AKV. The bulk of our points are Dec UY and 50 points are Aug UY. The Aug contact was done during the pre-3/21/11 rush. It has not been a problem managing those points, since I just transfer the to our other account, but I wish I didn't have to do that.

If I owned at a different resort, I would have no problem with that resort being a different UY. In fact, I would like to have some BWV points someday, and my hopes would be for an Apr, Jun, Aug or Sept UY, since the points would primarily be used for F&W. But, if the right contract came along for the right price, I wouldn't care what UY it was.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
gatorgirl02
Mouseketeer

I have an Oct and Jul UY's and I haven't had a problem. The two UY's weren't necessarily a strategic buy, but merely a price and size of the contracts purchase. So far, so good though, no problems to report.
gatorgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We have June (OKW) and Aug (HHI). It hasn't been an issue at all. We are wanting to add on and may end up with a 3rd UY. We'll try to get the same if we go with adding on HHI points, but if we end up with BWV then I don't really care what the UY is.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
KSL
Mouseketeer

We have two as well: Feb (BWV) and Sept (BLT). No problems so far, just keeping a file of which contract has how many points left and making sure not to miss banking deadlines. We like split stays, so will generally use each contract for one leg of a split stay, which works fine using two contracts this way as they are booked and treated as separate reservations anyway.
PS: Food cannot touch on my plate either!!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / planning VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

I currently have April and I'm waiting to close on a March. I bought my contracts because they were the quantity I wanted, at the resort I wanted and at a price I could live with. I'm an accountant by day so keeping detailed track of numbers is in my nature. I don't foresee a problem keeping everything straight.
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
dcfromva

Disney Fan

We used to have 4 UY, but we sold one last year.
We now have
BWV (Oct)
SSR (Dec)
VCG&BLT (Jun).

We mostly use our points at the home resort at 11 months, so it works very well for us. In fact the contracts that confuse me the most are the two that are on the same UY. Sometimes I have to do a little clicking around to figure out which home resort points are which when planning to book a ressie at 11months.
If we had to combine points to make a reservation, it might be a little trickier, but that is where the once per year point transfer comes into play.
I don't think I would want to tackle 2 UYs for the same resort, but maybe the work around for this is to transfer all the points from one contract to the other each year. But, then you have to have a good record keeping system. I can see point transfers online from the same resort/same UY, but not if they are different.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfromva
We used to have 4 UY, but we sold one last year.
We now have
BWV (Oct)
SSR (Dec)
VCG&BLT (Jun).

We mostly use our points at the home resort at 11 months, so it works very well for us. In fact the contracts that confuse me the most are the two that are on the same UY. Sometimes I have to do a little clicking around to figure out which home resort points are which when planning to book a ressie at 11months.
If we had to combine points to make a reservation, it might be a little trickier, but that is where the once per year point transfer comes into play.
I don't think I would want to tackle 2 UYs for the same resort, but maybe the work around for this is to transfer all the points from one contract to the other each year. But, then you have to have a good record keeping system. I can see point transfers online from the same resort/same UY, but not if they are different.

That's exactly what I want to do! 11 month out a home resort gives you best value...ESPECIALLY if its a BWV or AKV.

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
magicmonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #24
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Great question OP.... we just put in for some more points at the VWL and it has a December UY and our other two contracts are June.

But like other people posted I was tired of waiting for the right UY and jumped on the small contract that came up. Let's just hope I will pass ROFR
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Great question OP.... we just put in for some more points at the VWL and it has a December UY and our other two contracts are June.

But like other people posted I was tired of waiting for the right UY and jumped on the small contract that came up. Let's just hope I will pass ROFR
I was the same way. I kept trying and trying to match my UY and the number of points I wanted for a BWV and it just never came available. Instead, I jumped on a contract yesterday that matched the points I wanted at BWV but had a different UY. I guess I will see how much trouble this will be if it passed ROFR.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
I was the same way. I kept trying and trying to match my UY and the number of points I wanted for a BWV and it just never came available. Instead, I jumped on a contract yesterday that matched the points I wanted at BWV but had a different UY. I guess I will see how much trouble this will be if it passed ROFR.
Hoping we both pass ROFR
Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #27
newcomer52
we're not weird, just practical!

Different UYs doesn't equate to two membership numbers, does it? Isn't it just different contracts under the same membership number? I hope so since I just bought a different UY from my other two. TIA.

Jeralyn
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer52 View Post
Different UYs doesn't equate to two membership numbers, does it? Isn't it just different contracts under the same membership number? I hope so since I just bought a different UY from my other two. TIA.

Jeralyn
Different UYs will in fact mean that you have two separate membership numbers. However, if your contracts are titled exactly the same, you can access them both with one login ID for your online account.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer52

Jeralyn
Yes, you will now have two memberships. As mentioned, you may be able to see them under the same log in on the membership, but to use the points together for a single nights reservation, you will have to transfer points.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer52 View Post

Jeralyn
With minor exceptions it's like two different owners.

Tags
dvc uy, multiple, point management, use year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: