Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #226
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

John and I will not be taking part in this Adventure.

Other members of the Dis team will be part of the Adventure.

All that being said, this Adventure is sold out.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #227
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any experience with Starline tours? I'm thinking about getting 48 hour passes to cover Saturday and Sunday (pre-time) to use as a way to get around without depending on taxis or renting a car. It is a hop-on hop-off bus that goes to all the main sites in LA including going out to Santa Monica, etc. I've done something similar in NYC but not with the same company.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #228
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

Again, disappointed to hear you won't be there as you and John are our faves on the podcast, but understand that you guys can't join on every trip.

At the same time, excited to hear the number looks to be limited around 30 people. Seems like a pretty manageable group. (I seem to remember one of the early trips was more like 40+ people.)

Actually though, I AM glad to hear we might get to meet other DIS team members and that Pete is spreading the love with who's going...hopefully some team members that haven't had the chance to do BSM yet! I sometimes feel like we will be in the wild minority in having not done this or any Podcast outings before. (My wife is a bit nervous because she doesn't go on the DIS or listen to the Podcasts, so feels likes she might really be "on the outs". (She is a Disney lover, but not as big a Disney geek as I.) I really don't think this is the case though as I find DISers in general to be the nicest bunch of people on the internet and really friendly when you meet them in person.

Oops, caught myself rambling again. Happy Friday everyone!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #229
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Again, disappointed to hear you won't be there as you and John are our faves on the podcast, but understand that you guys can't join on every trip.

At the same time, excited to hear the number looks to be limited around 30 people. Seems like a pretty manageable group. (I seem to remember one of the early trips was more like 40+ people.)

Actually though, I AM glad to hear we might get to meet other DIS team members and that Pete is spreading the love with who's going...hopefully some team members that haven't had the chance to do BSM yet! I sometimes feel like we will be in the wild minority in having not done this or any Podcast outings before. (My wife is a bit nervous because she doesn't go on the DIS or listen to the Podcasts, so feels likes she might really be "on the outs". (She is a Disney lover, but not as big a Disney geek as I.) I really don't think this is the case though as I find DISers in general to be the nicest bunch of people on the internet and really friendly when you meet them in person.

Oops, caught myself rambling again. Happy Friday everyone!
Tell your wife not to worry. On all the DIS trips I've been on, there's always a spouse or significant other that is along for the ride. They quickly get pulled into the group.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #230
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:

Sad that we won't get to meet you Kevin & the genius John. Looking forward to meeting everyone else though. This will be our first DIS specific trip but we have done this ABD before & are excited to see the changes & can't wait for the extra perks that come along with it being a DIS exclusive trip.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #231
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Sad that we won't get to meet you Kevin & the genius John. Looking forward to meeting everyone else though. This will be our first DIS specific trip but we have done this ABD before & are excited to see the changes & can't wait for the extra perks that come along with it being a DIS exclusive trip.
At any rate, Melanie, you and Eric and I have the unique experience of seeing all the changes I believe have been "upgrades" since our ABD adventure.

This is my second one with DIS team members. And my second one with a few repeat guests on different ABD trips, so it's kind of cool for me to merge my former ABD pals together.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #232
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Tell your wife not to worry. On all the DIS trips I've been on, there's always a spouse or significant other that is along for the ride. They quickly get pulled into the group.
I'm not too worried, she's a big time Disney fan as well, but thanks for the support. We are trying not to get too excited about this trip, but its hard not too. Right now we have a vacation to my parents in Arizona to disctract us coming up in February, but after that, we will be talking about this quite a bit. (We also aren't letting our DD know about it just yet, we plan on telling her a ways in advance, but describing it as a "backstage hollywood tour for adults only" and not going to mention the Disney part.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #233
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi Kevin

Just want to add my disappointment that you and John wont be joining us

I was really looking forward to meeting you especially after all the wonderful helpful info you gave us on the wheelchair access on the tour - which convinced us to give it a go. Another time maybe. Really looking forward to meeting any members of the podcast crew as I love listening to it.

Hey Skier_Pete
Christine (my sister) who is coming with me is in the same boat as your wife and was worried about not being on the DIS etc (she does listen to the podcast a bit now though) but she is into Disney just as much as me and I am sure will fit in easily.

Nearly at the 5 month mark

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #234
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hey Skier_Pete
Christine (my sister) who is coming with me is in the same boat as your wife and was worried about not being on the DIS etc (she does listen to the podcast a bit now though) but she is into Disney just as much as me and I am sure will fit in easily.

Nearly at the 5 month mark
Ha - Christine and Ulana can sit together and roll their eyes at the rest of us crazies.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #235
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

My husband John will join the eye rollers!
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #236
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Howdy Folks....

Please help me officially welcome Leah, Lindsay and Kathryn to our Adventure!!!!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #237
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Howdy Folks....

Please help me officially welcome Leah, Lindsay and Kathryn to our Adventure!!!!

Welcome to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Ha - Christine and Ulana can sit together and roll their eyes at the rest of us crazies.
Cool - she is good at the eye roll Also shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Disney View Post
My husband John will join the eye rollers!
great - eye rollers galore

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #238
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Howdy Folks....

Welcome Leah, Lindsay, and Kathryn!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #239
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Howdy Folks....

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #240
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say Welcome to everyone on our trip and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

I can't believe our adventure starts in 152 days!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: