DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
disneydaft70
Earning My Ears

Can you buy into DVC if you're single?

Someone told me you can't buy into DVC if you're single? Is this true?

JA x
disneydaft70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

As Long as you have money you can buy into DVC! No Discrimination!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
disneydaft70
Earning My Ears

I was hoping you'd say that...I didn't think Disney would discriminate. I couldn't imagine me being turned away if I won the lottery and wanted to part with thousands of dollars. I will correct my informant.

Thanks

JA x
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post

JA x
maybe they are referring to the fact that in most if not all timeshare presentations, if you are married or co-habitating with someone, you must bring them.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
GoofyDad1970
Earning My Ears

Sure you can. I have a friend who is in DVC and he is single.
GoofyDad1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

if you go to a direct presentation, they might want you to bring the spouse along if there is one.

i've never been to a timeshare sales presentation, so that's not an issue (and being single keeps the hard sell guys away when i'm on the vegas strip).

but i'm single and bought DVC (and another timeshare) resale, so it can be done...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
disneydaft70
Earning My Ears

That really is good to know. I've more chance of buying into DVC than having a successful relationship

JA x
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

Disney will take your money any way they can get it from you. Granted, they probably WANT all families in there, but no - no discrimination whatsoever.

Many other timeshare presentations require you to be married, and both present, to get whatever their special offer or incentive is, but thankfully Disney isn't one of those.
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMan71 View Post
Many other timeshare presentations require you to be married, and both present, to get whatever their special offer or incentive is, but thankfully Disney isn't one of those.
From my experience, DVC at the very least strongly encouraged/suggested that my wife and I both had to attend. I guess it wasn't a formal requirement, but it was made clear that they wanted to schedule this for a time when we would both be there, and would reschedule if we could not. This has nothing to do with wanting to sell to married couples. It is about wanting to make a sale at the end of the presentation, and knowing that most couples won't commit to that kind of purchase without the other one there.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
This has nothing to do with wanting to sell to married couples. It is about wanting to make a sale at the end of the presentation, and knowing that most couples won't commit to that kind of purchase without the other one there.
it also gives them a chance to play off the couple's dynamic. if one seems more interested, maybe use that to influence the other to join the party...or even more aggressive techniques by non-disney timeshare sales staff...

but yeah, it does knock out one excuse not to close the deal.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I bought in on the Fantasy and my husband wasn't present. They asked if he wanted to come and he didn't and they were cool with that. My husband was perfectly happy to let me do the business while he enjoyed himself elsewhere.

Of course he isn't on the deed because he didn't sign, but I have him listed as an associate.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I am married to a wonderful guy but feel like I am a single DVCer--he understands nothing about it other than I tag him along, he gets a great room and see animals. I am the Master of our DVC...Mawhahahaha
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post

JA x
As others have already said - no problem buying into DVC if you are single. Don't know why your friend thought there might be.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
I am married to a wonderful guy but feel like I am a single DVCer--he understands nothing about it other than I tag him along, he gets a great room and see animals. I am the Master of our DVC...Mawhahahaha

Except that for me, I'm "just" the Associate! But I do everything DVC-related. Now, thank goodness he was there at the presentation, because even though we had a great guide who didn't steer us wrong at all, there was one little bit that I mixed up, but DH did not, and was able to help me later when the misunderstanding on my part came to light. Whew!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
maybe they are referring to the fact that in most if not all timeshare presentations, if you are married or co-habitating with someone, you must bring them.
I actually hate this rule and wonder why it's there at all? I am married but do all our vacation planning. My DH *HATES* wasting his time to to presentations because at the end of the day he doesn't care. I, on the other hand, because I handle our vacation planning and $$$ am interested. With DVC, he came but it was very obvious he wasn't interested and only after assurances that our time spent there would be offset by the time savings of the free FPs At HGVC, in the middle of the pitch they let him stay with the kids in the kids room.

Our DVC is under my name only. Any future TS is in my name only - why does he need to be there?
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: