Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
GrannyPrincess
Earning My Ears

Newbee needs help with what things mean

Could someone explain what ADR stands for. Also child swap. THANKS! Linda
GrannyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPrincess
Could someone explain what ADR stands for. Also child swap. THANKS! Linda
An ADR is an advance dining reservation. It's a good idea to make them if you want to eat at the more popular restaurants, especially if you use a dining plan.

Child swap is a system that allows parents to experience height-restricted attractions without abandoning their kid at an exit somewhere. Basically, parent 1 rides while parent 2 waits with kid, then parent 2 rides while parent 1 waits with kid.
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Elcheetah
Earning My Ears

welcome!

ADR stands for Advance Dinner Reservation, it means you´ll get the next available table.
Child Swap is an option for some rides with height restrictions, one adult can wait with the non riding child while the other rides, then you trade places and the other one rides. You don't have to stand in line two times.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
danicaca
Mouseketeer

there is a great thread on the Newbie board about what all of the abbreviations are for - it really helped me when I first joined here. ADR is Advanced Dining Reservation. It is what you get when you make a reservation at a Disney restaurant. For example, we have an ADR at Biergarten on June 1st at 6:30. We will get a confirmation number, which is called an ADR number. Hope that helps! As far as child swap, that means when you are in a park and a ride has child swap, you can ride first while another member of your party waits with the child who is too small to ride, then when you come back, the other member of your party gets to go ride with a Fast Pass - they don't have to go wait in the regular line. It works great when you have little ones! This next trip, our youngest should be tall enough, and we won't have to use it! Good luck!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
GrannyPrincess
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the info! I have dreamed of taking my grandchildren to WDW since before I had them! My late husband and I took our 4 children several times. After a few years of saving it will happen this June! 4 children, 3 spouses, 7 grandchildren (ages 8-8mo.) and 1 wild and crazy Granny. This is what I wanted to do for my 60th birthday and I'm looking forward to reading everything I can to make this a funfilled celebration!
GrannyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote