Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #3031
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Fellas-
My grand plan to set up a thread to keep people updated on our adoption story just isn't going to happen. It's more work than I care to do and I can sum up the whole thing with this:

It ain't gonna happen.

We had a long talk (via google translate) with her last night where my wife and I were pretty much the only ones talking. We asked if she wanted us to come to Ukraine and get her. She said no. So that's the end of that. Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement. DW and I are doing fine. I'm not sad at all- in fact I'm relieved that after 5 months of wondering, we at least have an answer and can now think about other things.

Oh yeah- if you want details and pictures, my wife kept a blog. www.themoretheperryer.blogspot.com
So sorry to hear this didn't work out. From what I've read on here from you and just now reading your wifes blog this sounds like it has been a very trying and confusing couple of weeks or even months. The fact that you even put yourselves out there is very admirable. I hope that you can find peace in the decision.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #3032
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Fellas-
My grand plan to set up a thread to keep people updated on our adoption story just isn't going to happen. It's more work than I care to do and I can sum up the whole thing with this:

It ain't gonna happen.

We had a long talk (via google translate) with her last night where my wife and I were pretty much the only ones talking. We asked if she wanted us to come to Ukraine and get her. She said no. So that's the end of that. Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement. DW and I are doing fine. I'm not sad at all- in fact I'm relieved that after 5 months of wondering, we at least have an answer and can now think about other things.

Oh yeah- if you want details and pictures, my wife kept a blog. www.themoretheperryer.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear that, Chris. I know this has been in the works for a long time and you were excited about it. But if she doesn't want to be there, then it's the only possible outcome. I hope she'll be ok. And I know better days are ahead for you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #3033
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Seems like there would be more red tape than this.
You're right. I need to give him several forms to fill out in triplicate.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #3034
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
What an interesting story. I'm sorry things didn't work out, but it seems she just doesn't want to be here for one reason or another. I guess if I think about it this way, I'd think it would be hard for any 14 year old to want to leave everything and everyone they know to move almost half way around the world. I pray for the best for her and your family.
Indeed. The girl is in a tough spot no matter what. While I think she made the wrong decision, it's her decision. On the bright side, there's still time to get my money back on Rosetta Stone! Considering I just dropped a sizable sum of $$ on a 10-day non-expiring parkhopper, I think I'll return it.
DIS Dad #400
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #3035
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen.

Sorry to hear that Chris. As others have said, it's got to be quite confusing for a 14 year old girl to visit another country and another family and grasp the fact that they want you to live with them and be your family. Something good will come from this, you just need to have a little faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sounds awesome! I'm making you an honorary state worker with that schedule.
Sweet! Do I get my own shovel to lean on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You're right. I need to give him several forms to fill out in triplicate.
I assume as an honorary state worker, there will be someone else I can pass this menial task on to, right?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #3036
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen...
Read your wife's blog and very sorry that it didn't happen. Your family's compassion and caring is admirable. I hope the best for her.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #3037
JHMCARTY
Mouseketeer

Hey all...

whats happening?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #3038
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Seems like there would be more red tape than this.
Nem, saw your meetup on facebook for the half; Not sure how many of us are doing the full, but let me know when you're in the bag drop area for the full if you want to meet up quick. What corral are you in?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #3039
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Morning guys,

off today to spend Christmas with my parents.
I think you are either too late or super early!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #3040
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen.

Chris...I am so sorry to hear this!!! Those of us who have adopted know how the process is a roller coaster of emotions and we all fear the outcome that has come to be for you guys. Sure will be pryaing for you. God has a mighty plan in store for you...this heartbreak is going to prepare you in some way for what God has ahead!! Is adoption something you think you will attempt again?
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #3041
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I think you are either too late or super early!

That would be late.

It was a great day for the drive, highway was bare and the sun was shining.

Shortly after we got here we sent DS to his cousins for the night and now we are just relaxing after dinner. I'm sure there will be some card playing in our near future.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #3042
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

[QUOTE=mm1971;47065631]Good Morning Guys!

Felt well enough to go back to work today.for feeling better, because I'm at work. Hoping this thing is on it's way out. How are you feeling today Steve? Hopefully better.
QUOTE]

Pain and most swelling is gone. Just still have the firmness of the gland now. I will call them next week if it is still there or swells more. Wish it would go away.
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #3043
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out Chris.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #3044
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen.

Chris, I am so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #3045
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3
Fellas-

It ain't gonna happen.

I'm sorry to hear that Chris, we have all been praying everything works out, thoughts and prayers go out to your family, I know this must be hard

Tags
disdads!, happy, holidays

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: