Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #1576
RNMOM
BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

Hi all! Happy New Year to each and everyone of you. I keep forgetting to visit. I haven't been DISing much lately.

I had my monthly blood work done Fri. and my Rheumatologist called me from her home on Sat. am. My white count has been below normal for several months and went down to 3.0 now. I also have elevated liver enzymes. I am on Methotrexate for 6.5 years and can't take any of the biologicals due to my borderline liver function. What am I going to take if I have to go off the MTX?? I am also on Effexor and Plaquenil. I can't imagine going without anything for my psoriatic arthritis.
Have to go, my router is closing me down for an update!
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #1577
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Happy Holidays to everyone...

I wish for the most pain free possible for each and every one of yo.

to all
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #1578
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMOM
Hi all! Happy New Year to each and everyone of you. I keep forgetting to visit. I haven't been DISing much lately.

I had my monthly blood work done Fri. and my Rheumatologist called me from her home on Sat. am. My white count has been below normal for several months and went down to 3.0 now. I also have elevated liver enzymes. I am on Methotrexate for 6.5 years and can't take any of the biologicals due to my borderline liver function. What am I going to take if I have to go off the MTX?? I am also on Effexor and Plaquenil. I can't imagine going without anything for my psoriatic arthritis.
Have to go, my router is closing me down for an update!
So sorry to hear of your need to change meds.. Always scary to have something work then need to stop and not know what to do next. What have you tried? Have you tried anything non conventional? I hear acupuncture works great for lots of our weird symptoms but I have never been able to afford uncovered treatments . Not sure what supplements my help with psoriatic arthritis. Hang in there you will find something in time. Gotta keep that liver healthy!

My New years resolution is to get back on Dis Mondays and Fridays and see if we can get this Fibro board buzzing. It was such a help to me and I would like to be more available to our newer members and keep in better contact with old friends. My life has been crazy and I find I use my phone more than my computer these days. unfortunately its harder for me to think long thoughts on little screen than big one.. if you know what I mean. Its crazy how little things impact our ability to do daily tasks isn't it? My brain works better on the computer...makes no sense but there it is. Anyhoo if my kids will stop staying home sick (son in hospital today for test-possible lyme) I might get something done. DD did fantastic at wdw and we got to see her on tv! just a quick look but it was fantastic. Lots to tell when I get back on my computer.

Pain free vibes and pixie dust to all!

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #1579
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone

I apologise for not posting sooner. I have been reading the DIS a little here and there, but not posting much.

I started my new job on the Monday after Thanksgiving, and I am totally exhausted every single day (and night!).

I work 6pm - midnight, and don't get to sleep until around 1:30am. Then I get up at around 6:30am with DH to see him a little before he leaves for work, then we chat on the cell phones while he's driving in to work. Then I usually fall back to sleep, and sleep most of the day away.

I start getting ready and dressed for work at 5pm, I leave around 5:30pm, and before that, I have to try and make something to leave for dinner for DH and DSs.

Fortunately they aren't picky, so I just make/leave easy things for them to eat. Once in a while I actually cook a meal. LOL

Anyway, the exhaustion is from the fibromyalgia. It really stinks to be so exhausted all of the time. Fortunately I'm ok during the 6 hours of work in the evening, since that's generally always been my best part of the day.

The job is ok; I'm working for a company taking orders for products from people calling in. It's mainly a company selling wigs, and women's apparel. I like the job itself, even the occasional grumpy customer. LOL The job is physically comfortable, which as I'm sure all of you can relate to, is important. And it's only a 10-minute drive which is great.

These days most of my pain is coming from dental work that I need to follow up on. I really need to schedule appointments for the dentist and then KEEP the appointments. In the last couple of months I've ended up cancelling due to exhaustion on the day of the appt. :/

to all of the new posters. This really is a wonderful thread, and I do want to contribute on a more regular basis. Just having people who understand what you're going through is such a great thing.

*hugs* to all of you. And pixiedust of course.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #1580
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year!!
Just thought I would check in. Does anyone here eliminate certain foods from their diets? Do you find relief? I am trying to live a healthy life style and have started removing foods.

Also, just wondering if some people notice that you fibro is worse during that time of month? I am having a high fibro day. This morning even touching my scalp hurt.

Thanks all!
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1581
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 at disney View Post
Happy New Year!!
Just thought I would check in. Does anyone here eliminate certain foods from their diets? Do you find relief? I am trying to live a healthy life style and have started removing foods.

Also, just wondering if some people notice that you fibro is worse during that time of month? I am having a high fibro day. This morning even touching my scalp hurt.

Thanks all!
YES!...Well it wasnt always this way but as I entered peri menopause in my early 40's I noticed more and more that two weeks before I felt completely off, like I fell off a cliff and agrivated. I never had pms before so I refer to this a my fibro pms. It took me about a year to figure this out as my fibro has always been irratic to some degree.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #1582
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hi everyone

I apologise for not posting sooner. I have been reading the DIS a little here and there, but not posting much.

I started my new job on the Monday after Thanksgiving, and I am totally exhausted every single day (and night!).

I work 6pm - midnight, and don't get to sleep until around 1:30am. Then I get up at around 6:30am with DH to see him a little before he leaves for work, then we chat on the cell phones while he's driving in to work. Then I usually fall back to sleep, and sleep most of the day away.

I start getting ready and dressed for work at 5pm, I leave around 5:30pm, and before that, I have to try and make something to leave for dinner for DH and DSs.

Fortunately they aren't picky, so I just make/leave easy things for them to eat. Once in a while I actually cook a meal. LOL

Anyway, the exhaustion is from the fibromyalgia. It really stinks to be so exhausted all of the time. Fortunately I'm ok during the 6 hours of work in the evening, since that's generally always been my best part of the day.

The job is ok; I'm working for a company taking orders for products from people calling in. It's mainly a company selling wigs, and women's apparel. I like the job itself, even the occasional grumpy customer. LOL The job is physically comfortable, which as I'm sure all of you can relate to, is important. And it's only a 10-minute drive which is great.

These days most of my pain is coming from dental work that I need to follow up on. I really need to schedule appointments for the dentist and then KEEP the appointments. In the last couple of months I've ended up cancelling due to exhaustion on the day of the appt. :/

to all of the new posters. This really is a wonderful thread, and I do want to contribute on a more regular basis. Just having people who understand what you're going through is such a great thing.

*hugs* to all of you. And pixiedust of course.
Sorry about all your pain. I know what you mean about getting to the Drs/dentist. I need to get back to my dentist since Sept but just cant fit it in. I also need to see gyn and dermatologist for cancer screening, mamogram etc. Really need to make about 5 checks of one sort or another but I only have 2-3 hrs a day to get things done and just never feel up to going so I put them off. Some I really should have done several years ago. I'm best from about 2-5pm which is good because this is the busy time in my kids schedules but I cant go to the dr and get my kids from school at the same time so I put it off. If I could get my meds without seeing my gp twice a year I would put that off too. Nobody can fix this right now so why waste even 4hr of my precious energy a year

5atDsiney I forgot to mention I do best on a low carb diet both for losing weight(when I can) and for feeling good. My big obstical is breakfast not many low carb quick breakfasts (anytype of bread is out even with a protine) and in the am rush with kids its too much for me to cook ontop of everything else so I usually fall off the wagon at some point. Plus while I like eggs having them every am is a bit much. We got a egg cooker which boils and poaches in a couple on minutes with little clean up. I would make smoothies but that would wake up my youngest an hour early and I dont want that!lol So diet is a bit of a challenge for me. I dont eat many calories but weight wise I am extreamly sensitive to carbs. sprout breads seems to be a bit better of a choice but expensive.

Well catch up with you all some more next week. Really trying to at least be here Mondays and Fridays but if dis shows up on my phone like it is supposed to and I see something that looks urgent I will be back asap. I know in the past I have had a few questions answered here in hours when I really needed some support fast so I always feel bad when I miss something.

Sending pain free vibesand pixie dust to all

Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #1583
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply Bonnie! Ok this makes sense now. I am in my early 40's and just over the last few years am I seeing alot of fibro issues and digestive issues around ovulation and periods. GI Doctors sometimes don't listen and want to downplay hormone issues. My rheumy doctor listens and agrees with me. I have an appt in Feb for female doctor and will be discussing with them also.
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one!
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #1584
tiggspring

ddenly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 at disney View Post
Thanks for the reply Bonnie! Ok this makes sense now. I am in my early 40's and just over the last few years am I seeing alot of fibro issues and digestive issues around ovulation and periods. GI Doctors sometimes don't listen and want to downplay hormone issues. My rheumy doctor listens and agrees with me. I have an appt in Feb for female doctor and will be discussing with them also.
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one!
I forgot to mention my GI track slows down week 3 comes to grinding hault week four then suddenly starts up again like nothing happened...That was the least offenseive way I could express this TMI moment

Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1585
tiggspring

Keeping my resolution to drop in Mondays at the very least. having a decent day. Got my hair done so feel more human which is always good.

btw another fibro pms symptom is acne at age 46! I have found a very good solution. Called the Tanda Zap it uses blue light to kill bacteria under skin. If you pay attention to a places that feel like they might break out then uses it a couple times a day on that spot the breakout will never show and if it starts to show before you treat I have had break outs clear in 24-48 hrs with little showing. I sometimes get sores from my bra and if its a closed sore it works on it too! Its expensive $35 but I have had mine about 6 months just changing the batteries and its still going strong. Supposed to work for 1000 uses if I remember correctly.

how are all of you after the weekend?

sending pain free vibesand pixie dust to all

Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1586
tiggspring

Keeping my resolution to drop in Mondays at the very least. having a decent day. Got my hair done so feel more human which is always good.

btw another fibro pms symptom is acne at age 46! I have found a very good solution. Called the Tanda Zap it uses blue light to kill bacteria under skin. If you pay attention to a places that feel like they might break out then uses it a couple times a day on that spot the breakout will never show and if it starts to show before you treat I have had break outs clear in 24-48 hrs with little showing. I sometimes get sores from my bra and if its a closed sore it works on it too! Its expensive $35 but I have had mine about 6 months just changing the batteries and its still going strong. Supposed to work for 1000 uses if I remember correctly.

how are all of you after the weekend?

sending pain free vibesand pixie dust to all

Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #1587
tiggspring

GRR sorry for dbl post. Hate it when my phone/computer act up during posting

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #1588
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Hi everyone!!!

Tigg, how is your son? I just saw the lyme post. Acne, yep I hear ya!

SeaSpray, that sounds like a tiring day. It made me tired reading it. I am happy it is physically comfortable, and OH so close!!

5 at disney, I really should try eliminating things. I always say I will, and DON"t .. I find it is most def worse at that time of the month, and the cold. It is SOOOO cold here, and that really plays a tough role for me.

I had a CTSCan today, and now play the waiting game.
Just booked a mini (VERY) holiday to Mexico. We are leaving Wed to Sunday. WE have gotten RECORD snowfalls, and downright nasty cold temps. I know it is winter, but this year I just am having a hard time. My husband works at the airport, and basically slept there through the holidays, so he is just plain old exhausted, and he definitely need this.

I think of you all often
Welcome to all
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #1589
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi everyone!!!

Tigg, how is your son? I just saw the lyme post. Acne, yep I hear ya!

SeaSpray, that sounds like a tiring day. It made me tired reading it. I am happy it is physically comfortable, and OH so close!!

5 at disney, I really should try eliminating things. I always say I will, and DON"t .. I find it is most def worse at that time of the month, and the cold. It is SOOOO cold here, and that really plays a tough role for me.

I had a CTSCan today, and now play the waiting game.
Just booked a mini (VERY) holiday to Mexico. We are leaving Wed to Sunday. WE have gotten RECORD snowfalls, and downright nasty cold temps. I know it is winter, but this year I just am having a hard time. My husband works at the airport, and basically slept there through the holidays, so he is just plain old exhausted, and he definitely need this.

I think of you all often
Welcome to all

Hope you have a great trip!

5@dis. One other little secret of perimenopause hormones fluctuations is that 25% of all unexpected visits from the stork come after 40! This despite many of us have been told
That cant happen or at the very least we think we know how to keep those birds at bay

Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #1590
lilpig
Mouseketeer

Hi, I am a regular browser on the disboard.(mostly reading) I have been going through health issues for the last 5 years. I have been diagnosed with atypical migraine, nocturnal epilepsy and yesterday I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Right now am having a hard time wrapping my head around it in general because I do not know much about it. I only know what some peoples thoughts of it are. I came home and started reading about it was telling my husband. We call our oldest in to tell her, (at this point I am waiting to tell the other two ) and when she asked what is that. My husband said in my opinion unkind things. I am not hear to bash him. So I will not put them here.

So right now I feel confused, unsupported, and scared. I called my mom she did tell me that my grandma(passed away) and aunt had / have it. I knew my dad has it (its his mom and sister).

I just thought what better place to find people to understand and give helpful words then here. And when I came to the disAbilities section this was the first one to come up

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: