Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
EagertobeinWDW
Earning My Ears

Just Booked with Pin Code to ASMO!! Will New Deal be Better?

I realized that an airline had great specials to Orlando that actually would make it much less expensive to fly than drive. Unfortunately, that deal expired 12/31, so I needed to book our WDW Resorts to take advantage of the flight special before the much-anticipated discount Jan. 3rd special is released to the public.

I would love thoughts from you Disney experts on the deal I booked and whether you think I might be able to save by trying to apply the Jan. 3rd discount in lieu of the pin code. We're on a tight budget, so I hope to economize as much as possible.

I booked All-Star Movies from 5/13-5/21 for $885, which reflected a pin code discount on the room of 25%. I plan to buy 7-day base tickets with no hoppers, etc., from Undercover Tourist. I have AAA, but Undercover Tourist seems a little less expensive. I'm able to fly 3 people for $350. We live 11 hours away, so not having to drive solo with two 7 year-olds

I so appreciate being able to draw on the wealth of knowledge that you Disboarders have. I love the Disney Magic on this board!

Have a Magical Day!
EagertobeinWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagertobeinWDW View Post
I realized that an airline had great specials to Orlando that actually would make it much less expensive to fly than drive. Unfortunately, that deal expired 12/31, so I needed to book our WDW Resorts to take advantage of the flight special before the much-anticipated discount Jan. 3rd special is released to the public.

I would love thoughts from you Disney experts on the deal I booked and whether you think I might be able to save by trying to apply the Jan. 3rd discount in lieu of the pin code. We're on a tight budget, so I hope to economize as much as possible.

I booked All-Star Movies from 5/13-5/21 for $885, which reflected a pin code discount on the room of 25%. I plan to buy 7-day base tickets with no hoppers, etc., from Undercover Tourist. I have AAA, but Undercover Tourist seems a little less expensive. I'm able to fly 3 people for $350. We live 11 hours away, so not having to drive solo with two 7 year-olds

I so appreciate being able to draw on the wealth of knowledge that you Disboarders have. I love the Disney Magic on this board!

Have a Magical Day!
Great price on the flights !!!

As for the discount, I don't think your room discount would be so much with the new promo, that being said there are supposed to be discounted tickets in the new promo if you book more than 4 nights. That being said, some people are still optin for tickets from UT ...

SO...... all in all, I am thinking your Pin and UT tickets are probably going to save you the most ...
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
EagertobeinWDW
Earning My Ears

Great news!!! I called WDW to check whether the new special offered any savings over my room only pin code reservation with tickets purchased from UT. I had to move my reservation to another value resort, but in doing so, I saved close to $100.
EagertobeinWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: