Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

January 2014

Welcome to the official January 2014 thread! Let the countdown begin

January Travelers
disneylovin24: December 30 - January 6
katmg: January 2 - 8
Meetmeinmontauk: January 4 - 12
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ: January 9 - 12

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Last edited by Meetmeinmontauk; 01-04-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

DBF & I are going January 4 - 12 at POFQ! We are also going to visit Universal/IOA

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Our trip is currently booked for June 10 - 13, 2013, but the DH doesn't want to go in June again. We went in June this year, and he doesn't want to deal with crowds like that again. I didn't think they were that bad. If he gets his way, the new dates will be January 7 - 11, 2014. I like the January dates better, since the youngest DS and I will have birthdays on the trip. It'll be the youngest DS's 15th birthday and my 38th. I just don't like taking them out of school.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Our trip is currently booked for June 10 - 13, 2013, but the DH doesn't want to go in June again. We went in June this year, and he doesn't want to deal with crowds like that again. I didn't think they were that bad. If he gets his way, the new dates will be January 7 - 11, 2014. I like the January dates better, since the youngest DS and I will have birthdays on the trip. It'll be the youngest DS's 15th birthday and my 38th. I just don't like taking them out of school.
We have gone in May & August in the past. I'm excited to go during a slower time... but I am most excited about not dealing with the heat

Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
We have gone in May & August in the past. I'm excited to go during a slower time... but I am most excited about not dealing with the heat
When we went, this past June, we only had to deal with heat on the first day we were there. Every other day of our trip, it rained. I didn't mind the rain because I was scared of the heat and humidity. On our way home though, I started getting sick and was sick for like a week. Our June trip was originally supposed to have been January 2013. Then I caught my DH price checking WDW trips in our locked bedroom. He thought the room only discount was too good to pass up, so we moved the trip to June.

The only thing I'm worried about with going in January, is the weather since we'll be driving. I already have an ADR schedule made, just in case we make the move for sure. I'm just excited to be able to wear the MH scarf I made for the trip to WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Going December 30-January 6 2014 Planning to stay in the Wilderness Lodge Villas in 2 studios, but we have to wait another month to book since it is our home resort.

We know that the first two days there will be crazy, but it is a dream of mine to spend New Year's Eve at Disney and we hear it clears out after January 1st. We went back in 2006 that week and it was pretty quiet, so hopefully it has stayed that way

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When we went, this past June, we only had to deal with heat on the first day we were there. Every other day of our trip, it rained. I didn't mind the rain because I was scared of the heat and humidity. On our way home though, I started getting sick and was sick for like a week. Our June trip was originally supposed to have been January 2013. Then I caught my DH price checking WDW trips in our locked bedroom. He thought the room only discount was too good to pass up, so we moved the trip to June.

The only thing I'm worried about with going in January, is the weather since we'll be driving. I already have an ADR schedule made, just in case we make the move for sure. I'm just excited to be able to wear the MH scarf I made for the trip to WDW.
When did you go this past June? We went later in the month and were there for Tropical Storm Debby. Its the first time we have ever gone during the summer months and everyone thought we were crazy because of the heat. Well, I think it went about 80 once and every other day it was stormy The storm didn't bother us too much, except it cut our EPCOT day short. We did see Illuminations that night in a prime viewing location though because everybody was afraid to go out and watch it in the rain! Bright side of the trip was no heat and low crowds due to the storm.

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Going December 30-January 6 2014 Planning to stay in the Wilderness Lodge Villas in 2 studios, but we have to wait another month to book since it is our home resort.

We know that the first two days there will be crazy, but it is a dream of mine to spend New Year's Eve at Disney and we hear it clears out after January 1st. We went back in 2006 that week and it was pretty quiet, so hopefully it has stayed that way
I was really considering starting the trip on the 30 just so we could spend NYE at disney!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
When did you go this past June? We went later in the month and were there for Tropical Storm Debby. Its the first time we have ever gone during the summer months and everyone thought we were crazy because of the heat. Well, I think it went about 80 once and every other day it was stormy The storm didn't bother us too much, except it cut our EPCOT day short. We did see Illuminations that night in a prime viewing location though because everybody was afraid to go out and watch it in the rain! Bright side of the trip was no heat and low crowds due to the storm.
I'm pretty sure our dates were June 4 - 8th. Luckily, even when it did rain hard, we didn't have the high winds I heard they had later in the month. Most of the time is was just a slow steady rain. Although, this one time the DH had the oldest DS bring me something from our room while I was washing clothes at the Pop. I can't remember the room number, but we were in the 70's section. If you look at a map of the Pop Century, we were in the building that has a big wheel in the middle of the T-shape of the building, on the end closest to the main building. Actually we were the first room on the straight side of the T-shape all the way at the end. Basically, it wasn't that far of a walk to the wash room. It was raining so hard that by the time he got to me, his jeans were soaking wet. I had to make him change b/c once the clothes were dry, we were going to eat at the California Grill.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Marathon Weekend

I'm hoping to get a good deal via a Bounceback offer when we go back to the World in 3 weeks!

We're only looking for a short 3 night stay in January to celebrate my middle daughters 5th birthday, probably 1/9-1/12/14.

I know it's most likely the marathon weekend, but it's the time that works best for us. From what I've read the lines aren't so bad, it's just hard to drive around, and we use Disney trans so hopefully it won't be a problem.

We'll see I guess... if any of you have ever done marathon weekend I'd be glad to hear your experiences...
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
I'm hoping to get a good deal via a Bounceback offer when we go back to the World in 3 weeks!

We're only looking for a short 3 night stay in January to celebrate my middle daughters 5th birthday, probably 1/9-1/12/14.

I know it's most likely the marathon weekend, but it's the time that works best for us. From what I've read the lines aren't so bad, it's just hard to drive around, and we use Disney trans so hopefully it won't be a problem.

We'll see I guess... if any of you have ever done marathon weekend I'd be glad to hear your experiences...
I, personally, have never gone during marathon weekend but I read that it wasn't too bad. We will be there during the same time but we were planning on spending those last 2 days at Universal/IOA.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
katmg
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to plan a trip for our family Jan 2-8 2014!

I'm having trouble with the disney website though - it won't let me select anything in 2014. Anyone else have this issue??
katmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg View Post
I'm trying to plan a trip for our family Jan 2-8 2014!

I'm having trouble with the disney website though - it won't let me select anything in 2014. Anyone else have this issue??
Are you trying to do a package? If so, the 2014 packages aren't out yet. Have you tried doing just a room only?

I did try, but I couldn't figure out how to do a room only. I thought, before the website changes, that you could check for a room only for the next year before the packages came out.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #14
katmg
Mouseketeer

It won't even let me do room-only prices. Boo!

I'm still trying to estimate prices as best as I can though!
katmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg
It won't even let me do room-only prices. Boo!

I'm still trying to estimate prices as best as I can though!
That stinks!! I think the only new and improved on their website are the new and improved ways it is a pain in the rear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: