Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
I can't believe how much the DDP has gone up in recent years. Even with major inflation, that doesn't justify such a huge price rise. It seems just really greedy. In 2011 to upgrade from the regular DDP to the deluxe DDP it was just over £400 for a week. Now, it is over £700... Almost double.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The deluxe dining plan price has gone beyond ridiculous, $102 + per peson. We have used it for the last several years, but at that price, we're skipping it from now on. We do club level rooms & eat breakfast in the lounge. We are fine with a pastry or bagel. We like sit down places, so we'd do lunch at someplace like Sci Fi--salads, burgers & sundaes. Then a signature restaurant for dinner. That would be our 3 daily credits.

But even with ordering steaks at evey dinner, there's no way we spend $102 each every day. So I'll go OOP, skip a few appitizers & desserts; maybe even split some entrees. I have a feeling my wallet & my waist line will be better off!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #32
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
I guess thats totally understandable. Last year was the first trip for my wife and I, our honeymoon. We got free dining last year, seemed like a great deal, but we went during Presidents day weekend/week, so it was actually super expensive. But we didn't mind. For two of us its pretty affordable. For people with families, I can totally understand.

Guess we just don't know how much Mods USED to be, but actually our Mod this year is going to cost us less than it did last year, even though rates have gone up, just because we are going Mid may instead of Presidents day ...
Mods used to cost us $1200 for 7 nights in a king room, that was just May 2010...that was about $139 a night

we have never traveled in 15 trips without a discount so I am mostly comparing to the past.

we wouldn't go if we couldn't get a discount, after 15 times its not the end of the world, we would just go somewhere else

I don't understand the snarky comments on the GF.....its a dream for us to stay there

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

The same could be said for the price of gas today vs. 2010, the prices of food today vs. 2010..... everything has gone up. We priced out going to Universal for the day and it was INSANE. It's not just Disney. It's the airlines....everything. LIFE is just more expensive... there's just no way Disney cannot raise their prices too. This is why we don't go to Disney every year....we simply can't. It's too expensive. When we do go, we make it worth it, for us.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
PrincessBeansMom
Earning My Ears

I would tend to agree that Disney is an expensive vacation, however with their unique experience there will never be a day that people stop going no matter how much it costs.
I noticed a few have mentioned they already have a deal for June of this year, when did this come out? I have been having such a hard time getting onto the Disney Website for a week now I am "patiently" waiting for a deal for my already booked May 2013 vacation!
PrincessBeansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
sydneysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBeansMom View Post
I would tend to agree that Disney is an expensive vacation, however with their unique experience there will never be a day that people stop going no matter how much it costs.
I noticed a few have mentioned they already have a deal for June of this year, when did this come out? I have been having such a hard time getting onto the Disney Website for a week now I am "patiently" waiting for a deal for my already booked May 2013 vacation!
Disney visa released the discount to card holders for trips through June 14. It's believed that it will open to the general public on June 3 for the same dates.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBeansMom View Post
Disney Visa members were able to access the deal on the 27th. It goes to GP on the 3rd. I think the dates go to June 14th. There is a thread about it but can't find it right now. Try looking at the thread started by danny25 with the title Ladies and Gentlemen. It will give you idea.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #37
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

The prices of the hotels are really a matter of what you want out of a vacation. I'm far from wealthy but I would spend $$ on GF or Poly or BC if a deluxe hotel would make that trip special. Just have to save more for it . Maybe less days at the parks? I have always appreciated Disney coming out with discounts and always hope for the best for me dollar wise. I NEVER count on a certain amount or free dining however.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #38
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Disney visa released the discount to card holders for trips through June 14. It's believed that it will open to the general public on June 3 for the same dates.
January 3rd i hope

I need to book 5 - 6 nights the 2nd week of the month and was hoping to book something with this promo and possibly switch over to AP room only rate when (if) it's announced. Haven't activated our APs yet, will rely on posts here so i can call into WDW.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
sydneysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
January 3rd i hope

I need to book 5 - 6 nights the 2nd week of the month and was hoping to book something with this promo and possibly switch over to AP room only rate when (if) it's announced. Haven't activated our APs yet, will rely on posts here so i can call into WDW.
Sorry, I totally meant January 3rd! I've got June on the brain... we're going to be there the first week of June, so I was looking at changing a dining reservation when I typed this! sorry for the bad info!!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #40
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Also, I have to wonder about the value of DDP, I have been doing some math, and though disney says that it saves you money, I am not sure.

For us it works out to 1111.00 for 10 nights 11 days.

Roughly $100/day ... or $50/person/day.

IF, we both eat a breakfast, and BOTH eat a QS lunch, and THEN do a Sit down.... it might break even. But looking at places like Jiko, Marakeesh etc ... its looking like dinners will be 25-35/person a QS Lunch is what 8-15, and a breakie is ... a few bucks ?
The savings are if it's the Free Dining
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #41
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Well I think to save money we are going to stay at the POR . We may upgrade to the GF in the Spring...but for now we are being budget minded.

Room, Tix, and deluxe dining are all less than just the GF room.

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Sorry, I totally meant January 3rd! I've got June on the brain... we're going to be there the first week of June, so I was looking at changing a dining reservation when I typed this! sorry for the bad info!!
I figured, was just kidding around. I keep typing 2012, once u get something stuck in the brain it's hard to knock it out.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #43
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
We have been moderate peeps until this past November trip. We moved to a value resort to make it more affordable but came home very disappointed. I have felt since the time free dining appeared it would harm the quality & service of the sitdown restaurants and I believe it has happened as well as caused the room rates to increase to offset the cost of free dining.

We have annual passes and will make 2 more trips to the world before the AP's expire In November 2013. I can drive roundtrip for $200 from the southwest Ohio area. I have already reserved a 3 bedroom vacation home for our Easter trip. If the rates for a moderate are still outrageous then I will look offsite for our November 2013 trip as well. Disney will lower rates when they see they are loosing business to the off site resorts, hotels & vacation homes. There are a lot better vacation options for the cost of Disney.
I'm another AP holder that Disney is pricing out of staying onsite. I normally go 4-6 times a year at a Moderate (sometimes Deluxe if the discount is good enough). However, I think my AKL stay this past Sept may be my last onsite stay. For my late Oct/early Nov trip I fell into a great deal for a condo just one mile outside Disney gates. My coworker had banked all the time she could and was going to lose a couple of weeks, so offered me a week in a one bedroom condo for just $400.00 (plus a $50.00 trade in fee). I had always said we would never stay offsite, but we fell in love with all the extra space and amenities. So for my May trip, I'm staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (so still physically on property) for just $895.00 for ten nights/eleven days ($89.50/night). For that I get alot more space, a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, two TVs, balcony, nicer pools, pool slides, two lazy rivers, and free mini golf in a Deluxe resort for less than what a Value room would cost me, using the new Visa discount that's currently out. I did call and price both a value and a moderate the day the Visa discount came out (just out of curiosity), but my current deal at Bonnet Creek easily beat the WDW discounts by a long shot. Why should I pay more for a single value room or a single moderate room, when I can get a villa with alot more space (and amenities) that's just as close or in some cases closer to the parks than the WDW resorts? No thanks, I'll stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for less money.

I'll probably be staying at Bonnet Creek for my other trips this year too. I reached my limit last year with the prices of the DDP. I'd always recommended the DDP and the DxDDP in the past, but last year they had taken away too much and raised the prices too much to make them work out financially for us, so I went with the TiW card instead. This past Oct/Nov trip, we really didn't use the TiW card that much. Instead, we chose to eat offsite more and got better food, alot cheaper, so I don't plan on renewing my TiW card either. I may do some counter service lunches, but the only TS I'm planning for my May trip is dinner at BOG. I made ADRs at my 180 day mark, but will probably cancel all but the BOG one.

Last edited by aubriee; 01-03-2013 at 05:33 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #44
2girlsmomma
Mouseketeer

We stayed last spring at the Cabins at FW and got the DxDDP and it was totally worth it for us. We essentially got all our snacks free the entire stay and free sit down dinner. More than that, we -and the kids-got the freedom to order what we wanted without debating if we wanted to save a few dollars(hmm, would I rather have dessert or a hat later?). Since we rarely go out to eat at home, and we watch our pennies when we do, it was an awesome experience
2girlsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #45
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

I think 20% off of a value and a ticket discount..is a pretty good deal.
If one doesnt like it...dont use it.
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: