Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
mccartcm
I just wanna go back

Planning and Pricing

Hello all! I am new to the boards and want to get some opinions on planning a vacation. I have been to DW numerous times but my parents either planned and paid or it was for cheerleading so I have never planned or paid myself. I wanted to know if I should pay for the package as soon as possible or wait until an offer comes out. I am going in July and heard/read that offers would come out around April. I don't know if I should just book it and pay for it now or wait to see if an offer comes out.

Thoughts?

1993: Off Site 1996: CBR
2000: CBR
2003: All Star Movies 2004: All Star Sports 2005: All Star Sports 2008: CBR
2011: POR

mccartcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
PrincessAmyLu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccartcm
Hello all! I am new to the boards and want to get some opinions on planning a vacation. I have been to DW numerous times but my parents either planned and paid or it was for cheerleading so I have never planned or paid myself. I wanted to know if I should pay for the package as soon as possible or wait until an offer comes out. I am going in July and heard/read that offers would come out around April. I don't know if I should just book it and pay for it now or wait to see if an offer comes out.

Thoughts?
They told us to pay some part but to watch for deals. We did but the time we went was in between deals you can also get a break if you are a AAA member. They have discounted rooms check that out if you are a member. Go ahead and get a dining plan. If you aren't into sitting down get the quick service dining plan. My sister and her sorority sisters went for spring break and really wanted to get the most out if their trip and didn't want to sit for dinner for an hour or two every night!
I would ask but I think they will refund you your money if a discount becomes available to you.
Have a Magical Visit!
PrincessAmyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
atcNick
Mouseketeer

I asked the same question, here and directly to Disney. They WILL refund the difference if a deal comes up after you buy.

I'm not familiar with AAA or the discounts you can get through them. I wonder if it would be worth getting a membership just for the discount
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
PrincessAmyLu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcNick
I asked the same question, here and directly to Disney. They WILL refund the difference if a deal comes up after you buy.

I'm not familiar with AAA or the discounts you can get through them. I wonder if it would be worth getting a membership just for the discount
Well if they will refund it...go ahead and pay it so you can't start saving money to spend while you are there! Lol
I think it is a 10-15% discount on the price of your room. This is only if they have AAA rooms available. You also need to look at mousesavers site you can rent other people's Disney Vacation Club points. And it is way cheaper than paying for a room and you won't have to stay in a value resort.
I am a DVC member so I don't often pay for rooms anymore. I haven't used the website above but I know people that use it every time they go!
PrincessAmyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
mccartcm
I just wanna go back

Thanks for all the information! I am going to go and book the vacation in the next few weeks and then hope for a refund because there is a discount!!!

1993: Off Site 1996: CBR
2000: CBR
2003: All Star Movies 2004: All Star Sports 2005: All Star Sports 2008: CBR
2011: POR

mccartcm is offline   Reply With Quote