Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Question regarding booking now and getting discount later

I don't know what to do and we have never stayed on site before so I have no Disney booking experience.

I keep hearing about a good discount coming out of Jan 3. I am not sure what is better to book today at the quoted rates and have them change it........which it sounds like will be a long phone call wait. ........

OR wait and book online at the discounted rate on the 3rd.

What do most of you do???
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Either works.

Although, with the website being so crazy I'd feel really uncomfortable booking online.

I'd just call deal with the waits to make sure I get what I want and can talk to someone about my options.
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

At this point, I would just wait. Go ahead and decide where you want to stay, etc., but maybe pick out a backup resort in case your first choice doesn't have discounted rooms available for your dates. We book what we are willing to pay for as soon as we know dates nd if a discount comes out that we can use, that's great; if not, oh well.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I agree with the pp that since the promo will be out in 2 days, I'd wait to book. I also think it's a good idea to have a 2nd (and maybe 3rd) resort choice in mind just in case your 1st choice isn't available. Good luck and happy planning.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Not much point in booking it now because...

1. Having a particular room/resort booked now doesn't lock you into getting the promotion. Meaning if you have a Pool View Room booked at AKL today - and Disney releases 100 rooms of that exact category on Thursday - the first 100 people that call for that room (new or exisiting) will get in on the Promo - if you are caller 101, even if you have that room already booked, you will not get the special rate.

2. Calling to have a promotion added to an exisiting reservation will probably take just as long as booking a new one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: