Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
jiminy.cricket
Disneyphile Extraordinare

Well, so far I'm wearing multiple layers and it seems to be working; not sure if I can maintain this over the next 2-3 months. So far, so good, though! C25K is complete and I just completed Week 3 of Jeff Galloway's 10K training program. My friend and I don't exactly run on schedule anymore; we run more on our own and keep each other updated.
jiminy.cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
jiminy.cricket

I don't feel like running but I have to.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
jiminy.cricket

Yay! Day one done.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

WOW Congrats on finishing C25K! I'm currently on W4D2 and I don't think I'll ever get there! LOL But one step at a time I guess! Did you do Bridge to 10K or are you doing some other program?

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
jiminy.cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
WOW Congrats on finishing C25K! I'm currently on W4D2 and I don't think I'll ever get there! LOL But one step at a time I guess! Did you do Bridge to 10K or are you doing some other program?
Thank you! I'm so relieved I was able to follow through. I didn't know about a Bridge to 10K, but I sort of jumped in on Week 4 or 5 of Jeff Galloway's 10K training program. Now I'm on Week 2 of Jeff Galloway's Half-Marathon training program four months in! Not too shabby! A marathon may actually be feasible! It seems so far and out of reach when you're first starting, but once you get in the groove, you'll stay on schedule. Onward and upward! Which program are you working on right now? What is W4D2?

I've encountered a few foot issues over the past few weeks. I wonder if my current shoes are too tight or too loose. I have flat feet and most of the friction seems to arise between the tips of my toes and the shoe. A few of my toenails have recently taken a few hits after I went on a sort-of power spree on a treadmill; I was trying to avoid that. It doesn't happen so much when I run outdoors, which I'm thankfully still able to do. I wonder how I'll train in January and February.

One person suggested taping my foot to the shoe sole or donning thinner socks. These are interesting ideas I might try. I need to push myself to run 7 miles before the end of the week; I'm a bit skeptical.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy.cricket View Post
Thank you! I'm so relieved I was able to follow through. I didn't know about a Bridge to 10K, but I sort of jumped in on Week 4 or 5 of Jeff Galloway's 10K training program. Now I'm on Week 2 of Jeff Galloway's Half-Marathon training program four months in! Not too shabby! A marathon may actually be feasible! It seems so far and out of reach when you're first starting, but once you get in the groove, you'll stay on schedule. Onward and upward! Which program are you working on right now? What is W4D2?

I've encountered a few foot issues over the past few weeks. I wonder if my current shoes are too tight or too loose. I have flat feet and most of the friction seems to arise between the tips of my toes and the shoe. A few of my toenails have recently taken a few hits after I went on a sort-of power spree on a treadmill; I was trying to avoid that. It doesn't happen so much when I run outdoors, which I'm thankfully still able to do. I wonder how I'll train in January and February.

One person suggested taping my foot to the shoe sole or donning thinner socks. These are interesting ideas I might try. I need to push myself to run 7 miles before the end of the week; I'm a bit skeptical.
Week 4, Day 2 of C25K (although I just finished Week 5, Day 3 this morning! 20 minutes straight! Wooohooo!

Hope you can get your foot problems fixed and on the road again!

My blog!!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
jiminy.cricket

Congratulations and keep it up! Just a few weeks to go. And don't be discouraged if you miss a week or a day. You can jump right back on easily.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #23
jiminy.cricket

So I kind of fell off the wagon, which I actually didn't expect. I did a four-mile run last week, but never followed up with the subsequent 7-miler with the advent of the holidays, traveling, snow, and sleeping in. The vision hasn't left my mind, though. I know I'll get back on at some point. I actually did a light run barefoot on the treadmill last night, which rendered my feet black and blistered. Not a good idea. Probably will not be doing that again anytime soon. My soles are feeling a bit better today.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've experienced a few issues regarding shoe fit and protecting my toes. I'm planning on finding and visiting a clinic sometime in the new year to be fitted for shoes. I've had my current shoes for more than a few years and I'm finding this to be serious business!

In the spirit of the celebration of self-determination during the second day of Kwanzaa: If we can dream it, we can do it! Happy Holidays and a phenomenal 2013 to all.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

It is easy to fall of the wagon in the Winter I find. But the important thing is that you are picking yourself back up and trying again!

Have a safe and wonderful new year!

My blog!!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #25
jiminy.cricket

Ran 8 miles on the 30th after a two-week hiatus but I was looking over the program again and I really feel I should start the week over. It looks quite rigorous with 5-6-mile runs in the same week aside from the longer runs. Maybe I should start over and build up to 8-mile and 9-mile runs.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #26
Friend of a Mouse
Braille: To touch words and have them touch you back

I just found your journal and I am in awe. I have always wanted to run aa 6k but I am not runner. I am hoping to complete the C25K this year and reading your journal is very inspring.

Worked for the Mouse: 2004-2007 (Attractions and Entertainment) Polynesian with family: 2004, 2005, 2007 POFQ and Disney Cruise with family: 2006 POFQ Honeymoon: 2010

Book Challenge 2014 /52. Currently reading: Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard
Finished: Night Broken by Patricia Briggs Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard Independent Study by Joelle Charboneau The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
Friend of a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #27
jiminy.cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of a Mouse View Post
I just found your journal and I am in awe. I have always wanted to run aa 6k but I am not runner. I am hoping to complete the C25K this year and reading your journal is very inspiring.
Thank you so much! I didn't think my log was particularly inspirational, but I'm so inspired that you were inspired. I've kind of fallen off the wagon this week. My current running schedule calls for a bit more rigor and time I'm not sure I'm able to commit. I'll figure it out. Remember to go at your own pace and don't be afraid to stop or slow down. Keep yourself in good shape and you will be running a 6K in no time!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
jiminy.cricket

Long overdue update: Fell off wagon, decided to go for half-marathon, never registered. Decided that I wanted to completed the full marathon...need to figure out how to do that without being swept (15 minutes/mile). Now running in Newtons with socks to reduce friction and feeling a lot comfier. Goal is currently 2015 WDW Marathon. Need a plan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: