Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #211
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinclemmer View Post
We are going to Disney World in January and I want to buy Military tickets with Water Park and More option, but I want to use my theme park days in January and save my 4 Water Park admissions for a return trip in the summer. Is this allowed?
Yes it sure is! the WP&M entries will be good through 28 Sept 2013.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #212
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used the 4 day Salute Tickets back2back? I've heard the policy has changed, but is it one of those YMMV things, or is this official policy?
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #213
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
Has anyone used the 4 day Salute Tickets back2back? I've heard the policy has changed, but is it one of those YMMV things, or is this official policy?
My WDW Media contact has briefed me that back to back use is allowed now. And when I was on property in Late Oct/early Nov I asked the castmember I bought one from at Epcot Guest Relations if they were allowing it and he told me yes, the only restriction was 6 during the offer.

Steve

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #214
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
My WDW Media contact has briefed me that back to back use is allowed now. And when I was on property in Late Oct/early Nov I asked the castmember I bought one from at Epcot Guest Relations if they were allowing it and he told me yes, the only restriction was 6 during the offer.

Steve
Great. Thanks. We have 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) in the famiy. We would like to do 6 days at WDW. Could we then buy the 6 salute tickets, and get our child under 10, a regular military discount 6 day hopper ticket or would it have to be one of the adults?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #215
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
Great. Thanks. We have 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) in the famiy. We would like to do 6 days at WDW. Could we then buy the 6 salute tickets, and get our child under 10, a regular military discount 6 day hopper ticket or would it have to be one of the adults?
anybody you want.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #216
Steve TLT

The child's 6-day hopper is $309 at Shades of Green

Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #217
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
anybody you want.
Thanks for your help. Now I just have to decide if additional cost is worth for the extra days.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #218
nw2this
Earning My Ears

Where can you activate the military tickets?

I know about the 4 major parks and DTD, anywhere else?

Which activation location is nearest to Shades?

Can you purchase the tix at Shades 24 hours a day? if not what hours?

How do you get to Shades using Disney transportation? Make your way to Poly then walk? or go to a park then take the Shades bus?

Last edited by nw2this; 12-18-2012 at 12:28 AM.
nw2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #219
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw2this View Post

How do you get to Shades using Disney transportation? Make your way to Poly then walk? or go to a park then take the Shades bus?
Those are the only locations where you can activate the tickets...

The TTC would be the closest location.

The Shades ticket office is open 8a-7p.

Without a car the two way you mentioned are the only way to get to Shades. If you don't mind paying sales tax you can just buy your tickets at any Disney ticket window. Costs a little more but you'd be paying for the convenience.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #220
buffettgirl

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Those are the only locations where you can activate the tickets...

The TTC would be the closest location.

The Shades ticket office is open 8a-7p.

Without a car the two way you mentioned are the only way to get to Shades. If you don't mind paying sales tax you can just buy your tickets at any Disney ticket window. Costs a little more but you'd be paying for the convenience.
Just a minor clarification - there is no shades bus from MK or Epcot, and the Shades bus from Studios and Animal Kingdom only runs once per hour.

Easiest from anywhere:
TTC to Shades bus (found in the bus parking area)
or
Poly then walk to Shades
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #221
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You can also activate the Salute tickets at both water parks and Disney Quest.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #222
nw2this
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
You can also activate the Salute tickets at both water parks and Disney Quest.
Sorry, got confused by Steve's post. First he agreed that parks and dtd are the only locations then he added TTC.

So, I gather tix can be activated at all of the following whenever they are open:
MK
AK
Epcot
HS
DTD
TTC
BB
TL
DQ
correct? Thanks.

I'll purchase at Shades and activate at TTC on my check-in day to be set for emh the next day.
nw2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #223
Steve TLT

Quote:
Sorry, got confused by Steve's post. First he agreed that parks and dtd are the only locations then he added TTC.

So, I gather tix can be activated at all of the following whenever they are open:
MK
AK
Epcot
HS
DTD
TTC
BB
TL
DQ
correct? Thanks.

I'll purchase at Shades and activate at TTC on my check-in day to be set for emh the next day.
SOrry, forgot the waterparks and DQ

Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #224
buffettgirl

Quote:

MK
AK
Epcot
HS
DTD
TTC
BB
TL
DQ
correct? Thanks.

That's what we generally do. It's not a long process to activate, but the last thing you want is to get tied up in line, in the morning, doing it. Mid afternoon TTC is nearly dead and you can usually just walk right up and be done in about 5 minutes.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #225
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

I see that someone asked if you can seperate the Park days from the waterpark days......is this also true of DisneyQuest? We are getting the 4 day hopper pass and are thinking about upgrading to the plus option to go to Disney Quest.....however we would want to go there on our down days from the parks....can we do that? Is is 4 visits to each "thing" park, waterpark, DQ? Thanks for any info....

Also anyone know if they opened the room discount up to the LM rooms? My DD really wanted to stay there but when I booked the Military discount was not being offered for the LM rooms, only the suites....thanks for info!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: