Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
dani77
Mouseketeer

I would never go on vacation without my camera! I really love to capture those magic moments while touring solo. Fireworks, castle lights, rides, characters...I love making a photobook after I get home which I then can bring along and show to family and friends.
This year during my 5.day trip to WDW I had prepaid for the photopass-cd and it was so worth it. I ended up with more than 300 (!!!) pictures of me and every single character I could find in the parks. Some of the pics are so beautiful and I look at the photobook I made with the images a lot.
As far as other pictures go, I often handed my camera to someone around and kindely asked if the person could take a picture...always worked.

Pics which capture everything are (for me) part of a vacation.

Me, myself and I...all the way from Germany going to the World
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
rani8600
Mouseketeer

i probably take more photos during my solo time during vacation then i do with the group. When im by myself i dont have to worry about slowing anyone down.

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
rani8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
jtjohnson
Earning My Ears

On my last trip I had a parts of the day that I was solo and that's where most of my pictures are from.
jtjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

my trips are usually 2-3 weeks. I take thousands of photos, I'm a photographer, it's what I do.
My last trip Oct. 2011 I was fortunate enough to get this photo of a very rare, Sexxy and Beautiful character at DTD

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #20
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Often when I visit the parks I go solo, and I find that I take more pictures when I'm by myself (so as not to slow others down, as others have mentioned).

Nowadays, when I visit the parks, I try to remember to take more pictures with me in them by using the front-facing camera on my phone. It's funny because people will be walking in front of me when I'm doing that, and they will pause and wait for me to finish, even though they're not interfering with my picture taking. Sometimes I've told people to go ahead, that I'm using my front-facing camera. I guess me smiling at my phone with something cool behind me is not obvious enough. It is really respectful of them to wait, though.

And yes, PhotoPass is great to have when you're on a solo trip!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
my trips are usually 2-3 weeks. I take thousands of photos, I'm a photographer, it's what I do.
My last trip Oct. 2011 I was fortunate enough to get this photo of a very rare, Sexxy and Beautiful character at DTD

OMG I love this picture!!! I almost forgot about it...you are such a fabulous photographer!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: