Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1396
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Good morning everyone! No time for individual replies this morning... We all overslept and I am running out the door for work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Happy planning!

D~
Have a GREAT day yourself! Love those crazy mornings...we have a LOT of them here!

P.S. Check out my siggy link...I've got a new PTR up and running now for January!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #1397
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, D; I'm back and trying to catch up on all my subscriptions.

I love the Jack Skellington UPB bag...very nice!

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #1398
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the concert. Hopefully another parent got pictures of the group?

Christmas is approaching way to quickly. I haven't begun Christmas shopping yet. Thankfully dh has, helps that he works at a store.
Thanks Tink... I am not sure if another parent got pictures, or not? I have not been able to find one.

I hope you are able to finish Christmas shopping in time. And I hope Ani is feeling better this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I do read along and like to read about your daily adventures. I am swamped with Christmas preparations, so maybe that's why others have been quiet as well.

I love the tree skirt idea. I want to make one for our tree, but no time this year. And I would go with the elf stockings, very cute!
Hi!!! Glad to see you - I've missed seeing you around. I totally understand that people are busy - and I know my PTRs tend to have a lot of comments - I just love it when people take the time to say hello once in a while. So, thank you!

And thanks for liking my tree skirt idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
You have planed well getting your Christmas shopping done already
I have bought a few things, but even if I only have a few gifts to buy in the first place I still haven't bought the majority of them yet. I'm also going to make roasted almonds to give away as Christmas presents.

I hope you get more done in your sewing room than you think you would
Of course I will send you a message when I get the bag so you know it has arrived safely
Thanks Lillian! OMG... I love roasted almonds - what a great gift idea! I hope you'll take pictures and show us - I bet they are beautiful! (yes, I think almonds can be beautiful)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
I like the 'everyday' stuff, although I don't keep up, I do like popping in every once and a while. Love the photos of MM in the snow!

I still get things from Santa, if you don't talk about it the presents keep coming

I love your idea of a map! I'd love to do a wall map, but I don't have an extra wall, the room I would love to have it in is full of books.
Don't forget my pin, it's pretty north at 68° 21' N but not as north as Terkina (And not nearly as exotic as Norway).
Hi! Welcome back! LOL about Santa - that is true.

I told the girls I want a small world map for Christmas - as I don't have a lot of wall space either (and I am still waiting for my memory board to get finished... Maybe over my Christmas "break" - which isn't really a break at all).

I won't forget your pin, I promise! I plan to go through my Paypal once I get my map, and try to figure out where everyone lives (well, close anyways)... Which will be a project unto itself and one I might hand over to the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
It's always a bummer when you oversleep and have to rush around! I hope the rest of your day goes better.
Yah - yesterday was crazy all around! The rest of my day went much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Wow...looked through your rebuilding photo journal. We bought our house in 2006 too, but it's only about 30 years old, not 130! DH is an artist, not a builder, so a lot of what we'll need to do will be through contractors.
Yah - that was almost 2 years of craziiness - I didn't think it would ever get done, and I was soooo happy when it finally did!

The next project we do, I told Josh the other day, will be hired out... If we decide to add on to the house and redo the plumbing, I will want it done as quickly as possible.

Quote:
I completely missed the whole tree-skirt thing. We had some water damage in our basement a couple of years ago and our tree-shirt was destroyed. I whipped up a felt tree-shirt that year that we've been using since, and every time I mention wanting to make a real on, DH says, "That is a real tree skirt."
Sorry about the water damage to your basement, that is awful! I'll bet your felt tree skirt is very nice.

Quote:
I actually have been prepping for sewing!! I laid out an applique which I hope to finish tonight and I would have finished a t-shirt re-con but I forgot to wash it. That's on the list for tonight too - at least the cutting part.

Hope the rest of your day wasn't as rushed as your morning!
Yay! I hope you got to your applique!

The rest of my day went much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Have a GREAT day yourself! Love those crazy mornings...we have a LOT of them here!

P.S. Check out my siggy link...I've got a new PTR up and running now for January!
I stopped by this morning! It's a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi, D; I'm back and trying to catch up on all my subscriptions.

I love the Jack Skellington UPB bag...very nice!
Welcome home Kathy! I've been following you everywhere for the last several days - I have really enjoyed all the videos/photos! I am so glad you were able to pull off the surprise!

My morning was crazy yesterday... as you all know.

Target was loads of fun - we were super busy... I love working there this time of year, but come January and it's the calm after the storm that I hate - I can't handle being bored.

After work, I came home... Allison had plans to make Josh and I dinner for our Anniversary. She was recreating our wedding dinner - Chicken Kiev and Wild Rice. Num! So, I started the wild rice for her, since it takes quite a while to cook... The meal turned out delicious - and it's just as tasty as I remember it.

When Josh and I got married, we had so many leftovers. The restaurant that catered it, packaged up all the chicken kievs for us to take home. Well, being newly weds and being broke... We ate chicken kiev FOREVER (not sure how we ended up with so many extras, we had a good and accurate head count). Honestly, this is the first time, since we finished up our wedding leftovers, that I remember having chicken kiev. I forgot how good it was, and I have a feeling that it will be served a little more often.

After that, we watched "Deck the Halls" on TV last night. We still can't get our Christmas with the Kranks DVD working... Josh loaded it on to the computer last night, and is reburning it to see if that will fix the problem. So, hopefully we will be able to watch it this weekend.

Today, I will be chaining myself to my sewing machines all day. I have so much to catch up on... I hope to finish the applique and start some assembly this afternoon. As it is, I will be working on this bag set for a few hours every day this weekend. I want to have it finished up by Monday. Then I hope to take one day and make something for my auction next week - even if (like Ruth said) it's just one small item. Then I will be sewing like a crazy woman to finish up the girls' Christmas gifts. I've already determined that next year, I will be taking off more time before Christmas so that I am able to get my gifts done for my own family.

As for the girls' Christmas gifts... Allison's will not have an applique on it - unless I get so far ahead of myself that I am able to get it done easily. Her item is not Disney related, because I really want her to be able to use it on an everyday basis. Victoria's item is Disney related, but I have not decided if there will be an applique on it, or not??? Again, I will have to see if time permits.

I hope you all have a fantastic day today!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #1399
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm with you....hate being at work and not busy (although since I've been back I've been too bust.

Happy Anniversary again!

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #1400
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you....hate being at work and not busy (although since I've been back I've been too bust.

Happy Anniversary again!
Thank you Kathy.

I spent a good portion of my day in my sewing room yesterday. I was able to get a lot accomplished.

I was just finishing up some of my applique work, when Marianne texted me about the tragedy in Newtown. It was just so unbelieveable! It was just a day of such horrific and sad news, I can't even begin to express my thoughts and words of comfort, because I know there aren't any. The pain these families are feeling is just unimagineable. It pushes me to thing back to when my girls were that age, and how sweet and innocent they were, and the sickness of a mind that could do that to a child - any child - any age, is just beyond my comprehension. As with the rest of the country, our family is mourning the loss of every child, adult, and praying for peace for the town and the survivors.

D~
Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #1401
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts

Thank you Kathy.

I spent a good portion of my day in my sewing room yesterday. I was able to get a lot accomplished.

I was just finishing up some of my applique work, when Marianne texted me about the tragedy in Newtown. It was just so unbelieveable! It was just a day of such horrific and sad news, I can't even begin to express my thoughts and words of comfort, because I know there aren't any. The pain these families are feeling is just unimagineable. It pushes me to thing back to when my girls were that age, and how sweet and innocent they were, and the sickness of a mind that could do that to a child - any child - any age, is just beyond my comprehension. As with the rest of the country, our family is mourning the loss of every child, adult, and praying for peace for the town and the survivors.

D~
I am also so saddened by this. I can't comprehend why someone would do this to children and makes me scared to send my daughter to school in 2.5 years. I even told DH, I might consider quitting my job to homeschool. He just didn't say a word, and hopes I'm not serious.

Btw, I felt special that you missed my replies. Thanks!

And hope you had a wonderful anniversary!
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #1402
beckyboo76
Earning My Ears

I just recently read your recent TR!! So now here I am, joining in on your PTR! I loooove your bags, so adorable! Looking forward to hear more about your upcoming trip!
beckyboo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #1403
babynala
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to check in abduction say hi. Your anniversary dinner sounds so wonderful. How sweet of V and your cake looked yummy.

We are taking kids out ti see some Christmas lights. We are currently in the parking lot of Lowes waiting for Dad. Oh the fun.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #1404
nannye
DIS Veteran

Hi d jut popping n to say hi. I love the jack bag, it turned out awesome.
I have figured out my embroidery machine for the most part. V leaves for her Disney cruise on Tues so I have until Monday afternoon together it figured out and do 10 appliqués :

Glad to read you are all well. How nive was that of your dd to make dinner for you.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #1405
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
I am also so saddened by this. I can't comprehend why someone would do this to children and makes me scared to send my daughter to school in 2.5 years. I even told DH, I might consider quitting my job to homeschool. He just didn't say a word, and hopes I'm not serious.

Btw, I felt special that you missed my replies. Thanks!

And hope you had a wonderful anniversary!
I know... It is just so scary.

Of course I missed you! And thank you - I did have a wonderful anniversary... It wasn't the trip or cruise I'd envisioned, but I've come to the conclusion that once the girls are off to college - Josh and I are going to do it up right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboo76 View Post
I just recently read your recent TR!! So now here I am, joining in on your PTR! I loooove your bags, so adorable! Looking forward to hear more about your upcoming trip!
Welcome! I hope you enjoyed my TR... It was so much fun to write, and it was a great trip.

I hope to have more info on my current planning once things simmer down after the holidays - we are just so wrapped up in that right now.

Thank you, about my bags, I really enjoy making them... And I enjoy even more, seeing others enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Just wanted to check in abduction say hi. Your anniversary dinner sounds so wonderful. How sweet of V and your cake looked yummy.
Thanks Liz... It was so sweet of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
We are taking kids out ti see some Christmas lights. We are currently in the parking lot of Lowes waiting for Dad. Oh the fun.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.
LOL I hope you had fun seeing the Christmas lights. And I hope you are having a nice weekend too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Hi d jut popping n to say hi. I love the jack bag, it turned out awesome.
I have figured out my embroidery machine for the most part. V leaves for her Disney cruise on Tues so I have until Monday afternoon together it figured out and do 10 appliqués :

Glad to read you are all well. How nive was that of your dd to make dinner for you.
Thanks Erin. That's awesome that little V is going on a Disney cruise... And I am so happy that you were able to figure out your embroidery machine in time - sorrry I was no help with that. My goal this year is to invest in an embroidery machine so that I can add a font to my items if necessary. I might need some help determining the hoop size to get though, when the time comes. What did you end up with?

Well, I finished up my next bag yesterday - it turned out super cute! I can't wait to show you all! I need to finish up the wallet this morning and the zipper pull too. Not sure if I will show pictures today or tomorrow?

I also took a nap yesterday... That was so nice.

Last night was Alli's Christmas concert... It was beautiful. The high school really knows how to put them on. Which means, we had to have dinner out last night - it really wasn't in the budget, but since we live so far away, it does't make sense to go home sometimes (a lot of times, actually)... So, we had Pizza Hut for dinner - I was surprised that it was relatively inexpensive.

Today will be a lazy day at home... We had freezing rain last night - and even though I don't think it froze here, I am not sure what it has done around the Metro - so we'll just hang out here. There's pleanty to do.

We need to organize the gifts under the tree. Our festivities start next weekend, and a good bulk of our gifts will be leaving. I like to have the gifts organized, so that when we go places, we don't forget anyone. Hopefully we can get that done today.

Since I only have a couple hours left of work in my sewing room, my week will be filled with cranking out Christmas gifts for the family. First off, I plan to work on my auction item tomorrow - it will be small guaranteed... I am only willing to devote one day to it - as that is all I have. Then I plan to finish up V's gift (I got a good start on it a few weeks ago, so I hope to be done with that by Tues). Wed and Fri will be Alli's gift. Saturday will be my MIL's gift... Hopefully I will be able to finish all of them on time - it's gonna be close.

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

D~
Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #1406
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, you are so organized with your sewing projects. I was trying to make my niece a mermaid dress for Christmas for her Jan trip to Disney. I am procrastinating and starting to run out of time. I also have a Spiderman cape for DD2 on the list and a tote bag for her dance teacher. Not sure I'll make the deadlines. Wish I was able to stick to a schedule like you.

We are also home, only because its a lazy Sunday. Hope the weather is not too bad for you.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #1407
solana131
DIS Veteran

An auction for tomorrow? Fun! I love watching them throughout the day. Wish I could bid...but I have enough D bags for now

I was so happy to talk to you and Mo this morning. The CT tragedy is really taken hold of me. With Bradey being in Kindergarten...well it just really hits home. I can't even fathom the pain they must all be in. I just wish there was some way to help that poor community

I am the same way with our Christmas presents. I have them all under the tree to make it look good. But I will need to get them all grouped up before our first party next Sunday.

So exciting for you to have so much family around for the festivities this year!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #1408
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have more than enough to do before Christmas. I can't wait to see another bag from you. It is always fun to see what you make.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1409
DMGeurts

OK - so change of plans...

This morning in my sewing room went waaaay better than planned...

Current custom bag set ~ done!

Auction items ~ done!

WHOOT!!!

So, tomorrow will be finishing up V's item... because I got done early - I may add an applique to it????

Tues and Wed will be Alli's gift.

Fri will be MIL's gift.

Sat will be r-e-l-a-x.

D~
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #1410
Terkina
DIS Veteran

That's great It's great to have a little more time than planned just incase something suddenly takes more time than first planned

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: