DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

OK, I will say it....look at pics of the Clown Pool at night Then stay somewhere else (OK I am kidding--but that pool creeps me out)

Everyone has a preference, that is what is so great about DVC. This is how DH and I decided on AKV. I was willing to buy less expensive points at SSR (we purhcased direct) just to be a member and have the benefit of staying in a villa during our trips. Yes, the koolaid is great....DH said ohhhh, noooo--I am not staying there.

So... we decided against SSR because it is huge and so very quiet, plus we do not like the condo vibe. No on BWV or BCV because we live within two hours of the best beaches on the Gulf Coast and I guess that is the same reason we did not choose OKW. We like Epcot but did not have to be near that park. VWL reminded DH of his days fighting forrest fires in national parks--yeah, I thought that was silly too. BLT does nothing for us and neither of us understood the parking lot view (I would love the lake however)--we also thought it was a negative to have to take an elevator to the sky bridge, then go across the bridge, up to the monorail on an escalator--you get the point. Plus we do not have children so we did not need the ease of getting children back and forth. Decor was also too modern.

We live in MS so VGC was out. VB and HH are on beaches and we have access to those and we wanted to only be on WDW property.

That leaves AKV. DH really only wanted to stay there. He is what I call a DVC purist and will probably never let me try points at a different DVC resort. We like the hotel inside hallway design. We like the dark decor, remoteness of the resort (one of its positives for us), and of course the animals. Now that we have several trips under our belt we made the best decision for us. We enjoy staying at the resort now days and appreciate the amenities there.

So I picked DVC and DH picked the resort because that really made a difference to him.

Sorry this was long but maybe some of our reasoning will help you.

I have to say, "Bravo for doing your homework first and trying to think this through!!" You are on your way to many happy vacations.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: