Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #3646
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I think it was Maple Leaf Garden in December '82.
My wife was at that concert... But I thought it was the CNE, and maybe a few years later....

Which would likely make it a different concert....

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #3647
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
My wife was at that concert... But I thought it was the CNE, and maybe a few years later....

Which would likely make it a different concert....

Did they do concerts at the CNE in December?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #3648
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Did they do concerts at the CNE in December?
They don't do them ever anymore...

But no, they did not back then.

Just summer... it was an outdoor facility... Exhibition Stadium, where the Blue Jays used to play.

Member #561
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #3649
moose615
DIS Veteran

After this post I'm 25 away from 1k, not a huge milestone but I have some post padding to do haha, going to Gaylord Ice tonight to see the shrek ice exhibit and it's 9 degrees!!!! Yikes good thing they give you big blue jackets to wear, that everyone before you has wiped their runny nose on, but I love the ice slides so its worth it
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #3650
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
They don't do them ever anymore...

But no, they did not back then.

Just summer... it was an outdoor facility... Exhibition Stadium, where the Blue Jays used to play.

I remember opening day there.

Was it Ernie Whitt who wore his shin pads like skis and took a trip across the field?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #3651
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
After this post I'm 25 away from 1k, not a huge milestone but I have some post padding to do haha, going to Gaylord Ice tonight to see the shrek ice exhibit and it's 9 degrees!!!! Yikes good thing they give you big blue jackets to wear, that everyone before you has wiped their runny nose on, but I love the ice slides so its worth it
Sounds gross... Have fun tho...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #3652
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Good to have a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm with you there...

This issue has brought up the subject of having a mercy rule. Indiana currently has none (obviously). The coach that won the game says he wants one, the coach that lost says she doesn't believe we should have one. I tend to agree with her.
Saw this story as well. I agree that reserves should have played the whole second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
At least she's staying away from the Hard Cider!
That's what she is telling CJ. I drank way more in college because I could burn it off, and I couldn't run 20 miles.

Quote:

I remember during sophomore year my roommate and I were studying, and finally decided we just needed a break.
What is this thing called studying?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #3653
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
I remember opening day there.

Was it Ernie Whitt who wore his shin pads like skis and took a trip across the field?
I do believe so...

Member #561
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #3654
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
What is this thing called studying?
It is that thing you tell your parents you're doing at college when you're really out seeing how much beer you can drink.

But don't tell CJ.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #3655
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
And let me assure you that I am not one of the "trophies for everyone" crowd. There is a point where character has to be a factor when hiring and retaining a coach.
Agree with pro vs non-pro sports and trophies for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
. Classes are over and this is finals week. SH had a late night free breakfast to keep the kids fueled up as they studied. They are also giving out cookies, cake, cider and hot chocolate during the day. Nothing like that at Florida when I went there. We spent the week having bottle rocket wars and water ballon fights. Kids these days.
Glad you're still buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
If you actually did say something profound, I don't think the rest of us would be able to appreciate it.
Everything said here is profound. What does profound mean again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Can you tell that I'm avoiding writing a paper this morning? 2500 words on changes in billing for 2013. Even I don't want to read it and I'm writing the #$^%( thing!
No one else will read it either, don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Morning gentlemen. Nothing new or exciting going on around here. My dad questioned my sanity last night when I told him I was thinking of taking the kids downhill skiing. The sad part is, I agreed with him. Guess I've got the itch to ski real bad when a hill whose longest run is 300 yard looks good.
Never did snow skiing. I hope it works for you. I did take dds sledding, and that was a lot of fun.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #3656
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
It is that thing you tell your parents you're doing at college when you're really out seeing how much beer you can drink.

But don't tell CJ.
I keep telling him that, but he doesn't believe me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #3657
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
For our adoption fundraiser, I am very happy to say a Disdad was the first person to buy one of our bracelets I shared that info with my wife's family over the weekend. They have not been real supportive of our decision to adopt. They were a little embarrassed when I showed them all the well wishes you guys and others have left, but not a single note or call from them.
I can relate. But like Brian said, I'll bet the grandparents will warm up eventually. I've seen that happen in other people's adoptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Sorry for the rant, I just hold the institution that is family in very high regard. When it hurts my wife I get defensive.
I can relate. The family isn't allowed to ask serious questions or try to talk us out of it unless I'm present. Gotta protect the missus.
DIS Dad #400

Last edited by Goofy + 3; 12-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #3658
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm with you there...

This issue has brought up the subject of having a mercy rule. Indiana currently has none (obviously). The coach that won the game says he wants one, the coach that lost says she doesn't believe we should have one. I tend to agree with her.

I think what it comes down to is common sense. The winning coach claims he only had 9 players and was playing everyone, rotating players every 4 minutes. I guess my translation of this is "fresh legs on the floor every 4 minutes and starters are still getting in the game." There's no reason that anybody other than his 4 reserves and 1 starter should have been on the floor for them in the second half. I don't agree with the idea of them just holding the ball, to keep from scoring, but at least slow it down and run some offense and let your reserves get some significant playing time. It might not have altered the final outcome much due to the definite difference in talent levels, but that's at least a little more classy way to handle it, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I totally agree that there needs to be some common sense. I've been on the giving and receiving end of some lop sided games. There were a couple of times when I was coaching that we had run up a big lead. I would start putting players in different positions. One time we were still scoring so I put in a rule that any shot had to be off a volley, half-volley or header.
I have coached varsity basketball at the high school level for both boys and girls. Only bringing 9 players to a game is also part of the wrong philosophy. Knowing his opponent, he should have dressed JV players and had them available. I regularly carried 10 all varsity and 4 JV/varsity players. These 4 players would play one half of JV and then be available for a half in the varsity game. He could easily have brought a larger roster to that game and allowed the younger players to gain experience and not been an @$$.

I do agree that you don't need a mercy rule. They need to terminate coaches that have no compassion or regard for the situation and hire good coaches with common sense and morals as discussed. Good coaches can find a solution to allow both sides to learn and become better players and people. It really is shameful.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #3659
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
They'll let you bring your own coat, Philip.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #3660
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Sounds gross... Have fun tho...
Yup, have fun contracting the flu and norovirus.

Get posting so we can hear the speech. Don't forget to thank Norm for the perspiration, I mean inspiration.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: